OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, Sta...

OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Question 756

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

1,604 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#27998 Aug 31, 2012
Buck Ofama wrote:
<quoted text>
My ol grandpappy told me what a cracker was, many years ago. During slavery and even into the early 20th century, the cracker was the man that whipped the darkies when they mis-behaved. While the transgressor was being tied to a post, the cracker would be cracking his bullwhip and checking his range to the target. Hence the name "cracker". When someone calls you a cracker, they might as well just call you "masser"!! Lol
That's one version of the story. Another is that when the white trash southern sharecroppers drank up all their seed money and couldn't wait for the cotton fields to naturally pop open the cotton pods quickly enough so they could get a second crop of the year to survive on, they would go out in the fields and crack open the pods prematurely and pick out the cotton.
Words

Jenks, OK

#27999 Aug 31, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever hick. Just whatever. You people are remarkably consistent. You accuse anyone not just like you of "being gay" or "being black" or being a "liberal". Like any of those things are even close to being as despicable as being a right wing hick vermin. Just whatever.


Don't go away mad Chester, just go away or is that Michael Jackson?

Just because you get your ass handed to here and porked on the short bus is no reason to be mad. Hell just smile and say "thank'ya masser, LOL.
Words

Jenks, OK

#28000 Aug 31, 2012
DustyOutlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever hick. Just whatever. You people are remarkably consistent. You accuse anyone not just like you of "being gay" or "being black" or being a "liberal". Like any of those things are even close to being as despicable as being a right wing hick vermin. Just whatever.


Whatever? Does that mean we can call you Pork-eed now?

As in short-bus porked, LOL.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#28001 Aug 31, 2012
Words wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go away mad Chester, just go away or is that Michael Jackson?
Just because you get your ass handed to here and porked on the short bus is no reason to be mad. Hell just smile and say "thank'ya masser, LOL.
You know "got your ass handed to you" is basically the same thing as you saying "we won everywhere except the scoreboard". You people spend most the day every day talking about ME. From where I sit the scoreboard says Dusty 21 Hicks 0. You can't stop me from telling the truth anymore than a Crips gang member can. It's the internet. You can't find me and I don't have to worry about you doing some Taliban type retribution on my children. So, you know Heat? Up yours.
asdf

Cushing, OK

#28002 Aug 31, 2012
Interesting interactive painting about Obama. This guy does awesome work

http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/artwork/view_zoo...
asdf

Cushing, OK

#28003 Aug 31, 2012
Just ignore little man. He won't have anyone to argue with if no one answers him. You'll be able to see the veins in his neck explode all the way from Oklahoma
asdf

Cushing, OK

#28004 Aug 31, 2012
Using our tax money to campaign through the media heh?

House panel is calling on the U.S. Department of Labor to turn over all records involving a half-million dollar contract funded through President Obama’s $831 billion stimulus program that paid for more than 100 commercials on MSNBC touting a “green jobs” initiative.

The contract with McNeely Pigott & Fox Public Relations LLC in 2009 resulted in more than 100 commercials on cable shows hosted by Rachel Maddow and Keith Olberman to raise awareness about the Job Corps program’s training in environmentally-friendly career areas.

But spending reports showed that no jobs were created through the contract. The Washington Times first reported on the contract earlier this month, quoting one taxpayer watchdog who questioned not only the lack of jobs but why the commercials aired only on MSNBC, considered the most liberal of the major cable news outlets.

Republican leaders on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce, which oversees the Labor Department, are raising similar questions in a recent letter they sent to Labor Secretary Hilda Solis.

The letter, signed by Reps. John Kline of Minnesota, chairman of the committee, and Phil Roe of Tennessee, who chairs the panel’s subcommittee on health, employment, labor and pension issues, seeks all documents and communications concerning the public relations contract, as well as a list of dates, attendees and topics for any meetings between Labor officials and the public relations firm concerning the “public relations strategy.”

“We understand this contract used taxpayer dollars purchase advertisements on MSNBC during ‘Countdown with Keith Olbermann’ and ‘The Rachel Maddow Show,’” the lawmakers wrote.

“Despite the fact that these funds were made available as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act — legislation President Obama said was critical for immediate job creation — an examination of public records show that the contract that resulted in the advertisements on MSNBC created no jobs.”

A spokesman for the Labor Department, Stephen Barr, said officials have received the committee’s letter and will be responding.

In an earlier statement to The Times, Labor Department officials said there was nothing political about the placement of the ads. They said research showed the advertisements would reach the target demographic of business owners and managers interested in hiring “green-trained” employees through a programming list that initially also included shows hosted by CNN’s Larry King and public television’s Jim Lehrer.

Public television was eliminated because advertising rates were too high, officials said, and Mr. King’s show was dropped because MSNBC, since renamed NBCNews.com , held the potential to reach more viewers.

The use of tax dollars on media and advertising services also came under scrutiny from Democratic lawmakers during the George W. Bush administration. In 2006, a Government Accountability Office (GAO) study requested by Democrats found more than $1.6 billion in public relations and media spending by the Bush administration during a two-year span.
Silver7

Seminole, OK

#28005 Aug 31, 2012
This thread is so much better when you only read the good stuff. It was tiresome reading the same lies and names everyone was being called.

I like not dealing with a self centered, arrogant, narcissist. I don't read his stuff and after this post, I won't comment about him anymore. He is dead to me.
asdf

Cushing, OK

#28006 Aug 31, 2012
I agree. I really feel sorry for Clint Eastwood after today. The man is aging quickly and has always been a "hero" and they have torn him apart all day. It's disgusting. Everyone liked him until today when they could use him as a tool. Everyone forgets these ARE people and he has done nothing to deserve what he got today.
Silver7

Seminole, OK

#28007 Aug 31, 2012
The politics of personal destruction. Wasn't that a Clinton tool?

The goal is to try to get celebrities to stop endorsing Republicans. Republicans don't shit on celebs like Liberal extremists do. Clooney hosts Obama and all we do is say he should keep his politics to himself or he's misguided.

Why can't people make their choices without being bashed for it?
Justaminute

Oklahoma City, OK

#28008 Sep 1, 2012
Silver7 wrote:
The politics of personal destruction. Wasn't that a Clinton tool?
The goal is to try to get celebrities to stop endorsing Republicans. Republicans don't shit on celebs like Liberal extremists do. Clooney hosts Obama and all we do is say he should keep his politics to himself or he's misguided.
Why can't people make their choices without being bashed for it?
Like the Dixie Chicks?

Well the only one to blame for the Eastwood mess is team Romney. There the ones that are supposed to check Eastwood out and they didn't. Frankly Eastwood should have gone on before the Romney film. The Romney film was quite good and it would have been shown to a national audience, but noooo, get the actor out there who is a stated Libertarian, pro-gay marriage and anti-war. They really ran the risk that Mr. 82 year old would really let you kids have it too. But it was all good, all of us got a good laugh.

I think they should have let Mitt ride Rafalca out on stage, now that would have guaranteed that we all would be talking about Mitt the whole weekend, instead we are enjoying the comedic humor on twitter of "Invisible Obama" and hoping to watch a replay of your little party on Saturday Night Live. I mean with you guys, SNL hardly has to do any writing. But we did miss Sarah P. though, but we settled for Honey Boo Boo. Thanks for the laughs though, we knew we could count on you guys!

What was really a highlight though was the usage of the ole teleprompters during the Republican convention that everyone used but the one person who didn't should have was Eastwood, so that you guys fault. Probably Eastwood doesn't know that teleprompter usage is only forbidden to President Obama, not Republicans!
must see

Germany

#28009 Sep 1, 2012

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#28010 Sep 1, 2012
asdf wrote:
Oh yeah, one more thing before dinner.
Don't forget in your "shooting right wing" rants to talk about the guy that shot up the supermarket yesterday. You know, the black guy.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ex-marine-suf...
Or these two shootings right by Obama's house.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/31/anothe...
Or the 10 shootings in Chicago overnight and the feds are having to be brought in to get the violence under control
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/31/chic...
See ya.
----------
Likely had more to do with Terence being gay than him being black.
MistyGirl

United States

#28011 Sep 1, 2012
This is a diversion as far as I'm concerned and I'll tell you why. I listen to MSNBC and they were foaming at the mouth over Clint Eastwoods little "skit" absolutely foaming at the mouth! CNN was more professional and reported what happened then moved on to other relevant stories. All the major media outlets reported it which was appropriate. Now lets fast forward to next week.

No one will care it's a false frenzy a tempest in a teacup. The reason no one will care is because it doesn't CHANGE ANYTHING.

Mr. Eastwood did nothing more than use creative license (he is a hollywood legend)and 'express" his opinion that Obama has shown NO LEADERSHIP hence the empty chair routine towards securing America's prosperity here at home. WE NEED JOBS FOLKS!

What also did Mr. Eastwood say? 1. This country belongs to us not the politicians. 2. The politicians were hired to work for us. 3. If you don't do the job then you have to go.

Nothing but common sense. Did I think his skit was the best choice to get that point across? No I didn't but I listened and found the merit in what Mr. Eastwood had to say and though I didn't like the skit I did agree with the points I outlined above.

This doesn't CHANGE ANYTHING.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#28012 Sep 1, 2012
must see wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =B39W91O-rUgXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
==========
Most of Ron Paul supporters will vote for Obama.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#28013 Sep 1, 2012
Romney calls for unregulated and untaxed ultra-rich. How's that gonna work out for you?

Romney will issue Executive Order to squash the CFPB which is watch dog bureau for society protection from fraud and underhanded business dealings and practices.

Naturally the conservatives oppose the CFPB because Mitt them want MORE of same, gittin 'er done based on clandestine dealing, trading fraud, price fixing, and generally subverting the law, and trampling the masses will.

And remember, when at the ultra-rich level, party affiliation does not matter. They all have same objective. It becomes a matter of which candidate is most in support of the ultra-rich and their strong propensity for raping the masses.
SayWhat

United States

#28014 Sep 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
Romney calls for unregulated and untaxed ultra-rich. How's that gonna work out for you?
Romney will issue Executive Order to squash the CFPB which is watch dog bureau for society protection from fraud and underhanded business dealings and practices.
Naturally the conservatives oppose the CFPB because Mitt them want MORE of same, gittin 'er done based on clandestine dealing, trading fraud, price fixing, and generally subverting the law, and trampling the masses will.
And remember, when at the ultra-rich level, party affiliation does not matter. They all have same objective. It becomes a matter of which candidate is most in support of the ultra-rich and their strong propensity for raping the masses.
Bullshit. Wave your OBAMA poster somewhere else cause it don't belong in America dude. Mr. Obama is a left wing socialist and doesn't give a fig newton about you or me or our families. If he did he would try to build America not TEAR IT DOWN AND TEAR IT APART.

When you get your welfare check think of me and the others who actually pay in to make sure you pukes get all you can get for FREE.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#28015 Sep 1, 2012
MistyGirl wrote:
This is a diversion as far as I'm concerned and I'll tell you why. I listen to MSNBC and they were foaming at the mouth over Clint Eastwoods little "skit" absolutely foaming at the mouth! CNN was more professional and reported what happened then moved on to other relevant stories. All the major media outlets reported it which was appropriate. Now lets fast forward to next week.
No one will care it's a false frenzy a tempest in a teacup. The reason no one will care is because it doesn't CHANGE ANYTHING.
Mr. Eastwood did nothing more than use creative license (he is a hollywood legend)and 'express" his opinion that Obama has shown NO LEADERSHIP hence the empty chair routine towards securing America's prosperity here at home. WE NEED JOBS FOLKS!
What also did Mr. Eastwood say? 1. This country belongs to us not the politicians. 2. The politicians were hired to work for us. 3. If you don't do the job then you have to go.
Nothing but common sense. Did I think his skit was the best choice to get that point across? No I didn't but I listened and found the merit in what Mr. Eastwood had to say and though I didn't like the skit I did agree with the points I outlined above.
This doesn't CHANGE ANYTHING.
==========
Pretty easy to do much better than MSNBC.

MSNBC is shill for left and FOX News is shill for right.

That said, I like Eastwood movies and Clint too for that matter.

However he has not thought through things very well. He talked about Obama promises not kept but forgot to mention that even he didn't keep some of his campaign promises when he ran for mayor, nor could he because like Obama he met strong opposition.

Nor did Clint mention that Obama has kept more campaign promises than any other President in history.

The empty chair. Thought it was kinda humorous. I thought Clint was coherent and not showing any signs of senility. Sure he fumbled a bit but for ad-libbing it was not bad.

However, the problem with Clint is it takes attention away from Mitt, and maybe that was the GOP plan all along. The more the real Mitt is hidden the better his chances of beating Obama. The mysterious stranger effect, as opposed to Obama who is much better known and who benefits from that familiarity.

==========
==========

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#28016 Sep 1, 2012
SayWhat wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Wave your OBAMA poster somewhere else cause it don't belong in America dude. Mr. Obama is a left wing socialist and doesn't give a fig newton about you or me or our families. If he did he would try to build America not TEAR IT DOWN AND TEAR IT APART.
When you get your welfare check think of me and the others who actually pay in to make sure you pukes get all you can get for FREE.
==========
No proof for any of your emotional outburst concerns. They have absolutely no basis in reality of credible facts as were stated by me. See, you could not even use reason and good sense to refute anything I said. You did a strictly emotional outpouring.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

#28017 Sep 1, 2012
I want to share a little 'CHUCKLE' with you before I get started for the day.
Got some paper work from Medicare this week showing what they paid toward medical bills for '2012' and where my husband stood as far as his deductible. In the paper work there was one showing what medicare paid for my husband's flu shot for May of "2010" and that he had met his "2010" deductible for the year.
This is not the first time this has happened. Shows how good the government and medicare are up to doing their paper work.

WMCOL did I make any mistakes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miami Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can you still get under Picher? Dec '16 UghWhoIsItThen 1
Fidel Castro, what a Guy Nov '16 Bobby Joe 1
glad trump got putin Sep '16 mess in rep party 1
Latin Mass Aug '16 calgal 1
New Chapter of Outlaws MC (Mar '13) Aug '16 Long Dong Silver 9
Is that Mayo on Hillarys chin? Aug '16 Long Dong Silver 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Jun '16 honeymylove 50

Miami Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Miami Mortgages