Heard Wal-Mart will cut hours because...

Heard Wal-Mart will cut hours because of obamacare

Posted in the Miami Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Union City, TN

#1 Oct 15, 2012
other companies are cutting hours to under 30. how many more will follow this to avoid obama care
Alex in Miami

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2012
What do you recomend we do?
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#3 Oct 15, 2012
I heard it is because some patriotic americans, aren't buying enough chinese crap? Don't they know, they are also hurting Mitt Romney...he has factorys there....
Alex in Miami

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
I heard it is because some patriotic americans, aren't buying enough chinese crap? Don't they know, they are also hurting Mitt Romney...he has factorys there....
Ok, so what do you recommend we do about it? The regulations aren't helping, the unions sure as hell aren't helping! I'm all for getting jobs back over here and having more working tax payers and maybe even a lower tax rate. But why should anyone buy american when it can't compete? Do you expect people to pay alot more just because of patriotizm? And even if they would, how could they with so many out of work and the government and unions trying to do all
the wrong things to make sure business can't and won't stick around?
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#5 Oct 15, 2012
I suggest we continue the slow, economic recovery we are on now....retail sales were up again, this month....re-elect the President and try to drastically limit, what chinese goods we do buy, trying as always to buy american or even euro, if possible....
fefo

Miami, FL

#6 Oct 15, 2012
How about allowing people to shop across state lines for healthcare plans?
Alex in Miami

United States

#7 Oct 15, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
I suggest we continue the slow, economic recovery we are on now....retail sales were up again, this month....re-elect the President and try to drastically limit, what chinese goods we do buy, trying as always to buy american or even euro, if possible....
It is typical for there to be some economic pickup these months. They are called seasonal jobs. It's not a good indicator of economic recovery and Obama has nothing to do with that.
Alex in Miami

United States

#8 Oct 15, 2012
guest wrote:
other companies are cutting hours to under 30. how many more will follow this to avoid obama care
A lot of them will!
What Just Happened

Miami, FL

#9 Oct 15, 2012
IF Obama is re-elected, thousands of companies, YES thousands will cut hours to under 30 per week per employee, to avoid the diaster of obamacare !There is a solution, DON'T re-elect Obama, as then Obamacare will be repealed or defunded and healthcare can be dealt with more sensably. All you Obama voters, don't say you weren't warned !
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#10 Oct 16, 2012
What Just Happened wrote:
IF Obama is re-elected, thousands of companies, YES thousands will cut hours to under 30 per week per employee, to avoid the diaster of obamacare !There is a solution, DON'T re-elect Obama, as then Obamacare will be repealed or defunded and healthcare can be dealt with more sensably. All you Obama voters, don't say you weren't warned !
AMERICAN VOTERS CAN EASILY SEE THRU POLITICAL BLACKMAIL.....Republicans reach new lows....
Alex in miami

United States

#11 Oct 16, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>AMERICAN VOTERS CAN EASILY SEE THRU POLITICAL BLACKMAIL.....Republicans reach new lows....
That's not blackmail, that is reality. Businesses will not stick around as they are further taxed and regulated. Once the cost of business is too high, whats the point? Businesses and business owners are in business with the purpose of making money, not necsessarily to provide us with jobs, and definately not to provide us with healthcare. The fact that they have a healthy business with demand is what merits the employment. So, Obama and business regulation equals unhealthy businesses, unhealthy business equals unemployment, unemployment equals less demand, less demand equals more unemployment.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#12 Oct 16, 2012
That's not blackmail?....Okay......
Alex in miami

United States

#13 Oct 16, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
That's not blackmail?....Okay......
No it's not, it's reality. What do you expect the rich and businesses to do if you keep trying to stick it to them?
Alex in Miami

United States

#14 Oct 16, 2012
CVS has been cutting hours too!
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#15 Oct 17, 2012
Alex in Miami wrote:
CVS has been cutting hours too!
I can't stand all the tricks, CVS and Winn Dixie use, like reward bucks and having to have a card....why all the bullsh*t? If you are already shopping there, isn't that enough? Publix is probably the biggest success, in the south, and they don't ever do that....
Alex in Miami

United States

#16 Oct 17, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>I can't stand all the tricks, CVS and Winn Dixie use, like reward bucks and having to have a card....why all the bullsh*t? If you are already shopping there, isn't that enough? Publix is probably the biggest success, in the south, and they don't ever do that....
I like Publix too, partly because they still have the decency to observe a bunch of holidays that other stores do not, some of them patriotic. It's not always bottom line or bottom dollar with them. And they don't have self check out! You should never use those, no one should!
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#17 Oct 17, 2012
..i never do, too intimidating...lol...
Realist

San Diego, CA

#18 Oct 23, 2012
A new list just came out today with maybe 40 more companies that are starting to cut most employees to under 30 hours, so as not have to provide health insurance as well as less overall hiring, to save up what would be profit to pay the new penalties. Any business owner with 50 to 100 employees would be foolish not to follow this trend. I feel sorry for the hourly worker who believes Obamacare is a good thing...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#19 Oct 25, 2012
ABC News has reported, Colin Powell has endorsed President Obama.....proving once again, that real patriotic, Americans, always chose Country over political party.....
Romney World

AOL

#20 Oct 26, 2012
guest wrote:
OMGosh! where ever shall we buy our Chinese goods if they aren't enough employees to ring up our sales! Oh that's right they have those self check out "thingies" so they don't have to pay real breathing cashiers. Poor working people annoy me anyway. They look so...unhealthy.

Take the company Sensata for instance they makes their employees work 8-12 hours a day 7 days a week and pay them just .99 -$1.35 an hour. This is how money is made people! Unfortunately regulations,laws that requires companies have to pay people the minumum wage and benefits if they are full time is killing this country.
http://www.globallabourrights.org/reports...

Why just this weeks another lovely Sensata Bain Capitol owned company in Illinois had the opportunity to train Chinese workers to take 107 expensive jobs off the hands of US workers so we, the consumer can pay even less, while we the investors earn even more. It was so sweet of them to take down the US flag and put up the Chinese flag for the Chinese.
http://salem-news.com/articles/october112012/...

I mean really, everyone will soon switch to creating jobs the *Romney-Bain-Way as was revealed in the February 2011 Sensata (Bain) SEC Filing went on to say: Attractive cost structure with scale advantage and low-cost footprint. We believe that our global scale and cost-focused approach have provided us with an attractive cost position within our industry. We currently manufacture approximately 1.1 billion devices per year, with approximately 90% of our production in low-cost countries including China, Mexico, Malaysia and the Dominican Republic.
...We have achieved our current cost position through a CONTINUOUS process of migration to low-cost manufacturing locations, transformation of our supply chain to low-cost sourcing, product design improvements and ongoing productivity-enhancing initiatives.~February 2011 SEC Filing page 80
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/10/21/1147...

Instead of loosing US jobs to other countries why can't we lower the US wages to say .75 cents an hour or hire more illegals? You wouldn't believe how much harder my housekeeper works when I cut her wages. Companies would run back to the US to create jobs and I could find all sorts of bargains at my high end stores again. Yes Romney will bring BIG CHANGES. Things are looking up.
Well they are for some of us. Not for these people but they weren't going to vote for Romney anyway so why should he care?

http://progressillinois.com/quick-hits/conten...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miami Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Significant Moment in African American History ... 29 min Manuel M 3
a mosquito with zika gave me syphillis 3 hr El Diablo Blanco 7
who is dora stanley? 8 hr Maxwell Totts 5
16m looking to Skype any woman 21 hr zachary 1
MIAMI COP Crowdfunding for Shooting Lessons ! Thu Annie Lummox - Au... 7
What is up with Lynn Martinez's face? (Jan '15) Thu FrankR1 10
Whatever happened to Adam the Macho Lifeguard Thu Stan Yenz 23

Miami Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance