Broward county sobriety checkpoints t...

Broward county sobriety checkpoints this week

There are 90 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 17, 2009, titled Broward county sobriety checkpoints this week. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Two Broward police departments will run sobriety checkpoints on major thoroughfares later this week, the Miami Herald reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Redneck

Stuart, FL

#84 Jun 18, 2009
BenFTL wrote:
<quoted text> no it isn't, unless that has changed since I got out of the army in 1992, active duty personnel were subject to the same ridiculous drinking age as civilians. I spent a year in Korea able to drink legally because the drinking age there was 18, when I got back to the states I couldn't legally buy a beer. Absolutely ridiculous
Even on base?
Because

Spartanburg, SC

#85 Jun 19, 2009
lab-rat wrote:
<quoted text>
While I have no real issue with this arbitrary harassment and invasion of privacy, they should make it a law that they check people's citizenship and green cards or whatever, if not at these stops, at least at the border and send whoever doesn't check out back to their country or out in the ocean somewhere.
Remember, driving is a privilege, not a right, therefore it is not an invasion of privacy nor harassment to keep the streets safe, hey they are at least trying. See most people say cops don't do anything, when they do it is called harassment. The problem is most people want cops to do things, but only to other people! And yes, if drivers licenses are checked, then immigration status would be as well as you can't get a DL without proof of residency.

Since: Dec 06

United States

#86 Jun 19, 2009
Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Even on base?
Yes, even on base and in the barracks, the rule at the time was whatever the drinking age was whereever you were (which was 21 in all 50 states) was the drinking age that applied on base, there were no exceptions.
Redneck

Stuart, FL

#87 Jun 19, 2009
BenFTL wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, even on base and in the barracks, the rule at the time was whatever the drinking age was whereever you were (which was 21 in all 50 states) was the drinking age that applied on base, there were no exceptions.
I got out in 88, looks like it's better to go to college first!
Che Guevara

Miami Beach, FL

#88 Jun 20, 2009
I think this is more of a problem in Miami-Dade, to be honest. Drivers in Broward aren't quite as f**ked up. Here in Dade, there have been countless deaths caused by drunk drivers, including that 'Delrisco' scumbag who killed 3 kids when he ploughed into the back of their parents' car. Miami-Dade police should take note and set up checkpoints in any of the following places, which are hotspots for drunk/reckless drivers:

- Hialeah
- Westchester
- West Kendall
- Sweetwater
- Homestead
- Miami Beach

Catch these bastards, lock them up and ban them from driving for life....we need zero tolerance here. Also, if you kill someone via drunk driving, you should be treated the same way as a murderer (it's the only way that the message will get through to these idiots).
Code 1

Miami, FL

#89 Jun 24, 2009
All you have to do is go to one of the country arteries, north/south or any east/west artery. The quantity of drivers going long distances on these arteries is unbelievable !! You could pay the national debt with the tickets, dui's, conficated cars, etc. that are being driven on these roads. What better way to avoid the police, who stick to the "main" roads, than to use these back roads. All this means nothing anyway as in Miami Dade the police are "ORDERED" not to ticket !!! How is that for "To Protect and Serve" ??????????
Deli

Newark, OH

#90 Apr 30, 2011
Tuesday Apr 26

:
<quoted text>
planned abortionhood is a known abortion mill, you people just love to defend it and cry about the poor women needing it's services. like i said, there are many other sources of womens care that cost little to nothing for those who cannot afford it. i know, i work in one, so do not tell me there is a lack of service for these women. a woman can even go to a hospital for service and many, many times do not pay one cent. some other clinics charge based on the womans income, or lack thereof. stop defending a place that commits horrors.

Please stop generalizing, k.

I posted 3 links showing areas where there *are* no other sources for these women to go to. In your area, perhaps there are. But not all areas are the same, and not all PPs are the same. Some need to clean up their act, I agree. But if funding is withdrawn from them, it will impact many, many important services for the poor, in ways that I think you don't realize.
geo

United States

#91 Dec 21, 2012
My men, there are more chances of you causing an acident by texting and driving than drinking and driving, this DUI law is just anorher way for goverment to make money. Fact, in highway 95 there are so much acidents daily due to texting and driving than DUI and that s fact
Sal

Hollywood, FL

#92 Dec 21, 2012
lower pay wrote:
<quoted text>
as if there is any other location where all the drunks are not hispanic or black in broward county
Lol

So many Hispanics and Blacks here drive so badly that it is impossible to tell if they are drunk or not .

Difference I have noticed is that Blacks other than the Walmart parking lots do not park in handicapped spaces if they do not have handicapped tags ,while countless Hispanics piss on this law because even more Hispanic police look the other way.

Don't get me started on the countless who park by signs that clearly say "Fire lane do not block" and again the keystone cops do nothing.
Sal

Hollywood, FL

#93 Dec 21, 2012
geo wrote:
My men, there are more chances of you causing an acident by texting and driving than drinking and driving, this DUI law is just anorher way for goverment to make money. Fact, in highway 95 there are so much acidents daily due to texting and driving than DUI and that s fact
I do not doubt that at all and every accident I have seen in this banana republic from start to finish has been due to texting or dialing cell phone but unfortunately it is not illegal here, Not that the keystone cops would enforce it to begin with because using turn signals is the law and imagine 80% of drivers here ignore it as do the keystone cops.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miami Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i'm coming clean: i did maxwell in my stand, o... 21 hr ADAM THE MACHO LI... 3
Gay/Bi teens in Florida (Jul '16) Tue Hornyfab 85
dispen-sary 24/7 A d d y s, T a r, H , etc May 20 Ubo meds 1
Need an urgent loan contact tinyloanoffer@gmail... (Oct '13) May 18 customercare 2
Set ups May 15 Christie Taylor 1
Barbara Andrew and Vonda,Chris Andtews May 15 Christie Taylor 3
Where the boy at in miami ? (Oct '15) May 14 S16BG 118

Miami Jobs

Personal Finance

Miami Mortgages