meyersdale little league

Posted in the Meyersdale Forum

angry mother

AOL

#1 Jul 1, 2008
I'D LIKE TO SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT OUR TOWN AND OUR COMMUNITY BUT WHEN IT COMES TO OUR LITTLE LEAGUE PROGRAM I DO NOT HAVE GOOD THINGS TO SAY. THIS IS MY SONS LAST YEAR OF LITTLE LEAGUE AND BECAUSE OF IGNORANT LITTLE LEAGUE "OFFICALS" I AM GLAD THAT THIS IS HIS LAST YEAR. WE HAVE HAD AN AWESOME TEAM FOR YEARS BECAUSE OUR BOYS HAVE PLAYED ON THE SAME TEAM FOR YEARS. SOME OF OUR LEAGUE OFFICIALS HAVE FORGOTTEN WHAT THEIR JOB AS A LEAGUE OFFICIAL IS, OUR BOYS WENT UNDEFEATED AGAIN THIS YEAR AND HAS YET TO RECEIVE ANY RECOGNITION, NO TROPHIES, METALS NOTHING!!WE WON THE CHAMP. GAME AND HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOTHING FOR THAT EITHER FURTHERMORE THE 2ND PLACE WINNERS HAVEN'T RECEIVED NOTHING. THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THIS SHOULD OF HAD HER DUCKS IN A ROW BUT SHE'S TOO BUSY EATING AT THE CONCESSION STAND EVERY NIGHT AND BAD MOUTHING EVERY OTHER TEAM THAT HER CHILD DOES NOT PLAY ON. SHE ASKED IF HER SON COULD BE BUMPED UP TO L.L. AT AGE 8 BECAUSE HE WAS SO GOOD, EVERYONE VOTED FOR 2 PLAYERS TO MOVE UP AND THEY PLAYED AS L.L.ERS ALL SEASON BUT PLAYED ON THE M.L. ALL STARS, HOW IS THIS FAIR?HOW IS IT FAIR THAT BOYS BUSTED THEIR BUTTS FOR 4 YEARS AND THEIR LAST YEAR THEY GET NOTHING?! THIS TOWN MAKES ME SICK THAT CERTAIN PEOPLE CAN LITERALLY ROB AND CONTROL THE L.L. PROGRAM AND NOBODY DOES ANYTHING ABOUT IT, AND I'M TIRED OF HEARING HOW BUSY CERTAIN PEOPLE ARE IF THEY CANT DO THEIR JOB THEY SHOULDNT HAVE IT THE ONLY THING I HAVE SEEN THEM REALLY DO IS EAT AT THE CONCESSION STAND, BE 2 FACED, AND TRY TO BREAK RULES!!!!!!
Official

Somerset, PA

#2 Jul 16, 2008
I think the Angry Mother should realize the time and work that is involved in making the league run smoothly and give her son a place to play ball. I was not responsible for the trophies. They were ordered and supposed to be here for the last game to be handed out. Unfortunately, they arrived and had to be sent back 3 times because they were wrong. They are here now and the coaches know that. I eat at the concession stand in support of our league which is more than some people. My son was not the first 8 year old to be allowed to play LL and he won't be the last. Other area leagues do the same thing in moving their 8 years back to ML to play for All Stars because they are not eligible to play with 9-10s. Parents like this are going to be the ruination of our league.
Official

River Falls, WI

#3 Jul 16, 2008
Wow, I read this and can truely see this comes from someone who has no idea what Little League is all about. First of all any 8 year old who is ready for little league was moved up. 1 at Salisbury, 2 at Meyersdale, 1 at Rockwood and 1 at Kingwood. It is not done because a parent is a coach or a officer of the league. It is done because a minor league coach says they are ready and could hurt one of the younger kids. All managers of all the teams have to agree they are ready and need to be moved up.
As far as the trophies, They were ordered on June 12, 2008. Their was a mixup with them and they had to be returned 3 times. Last year was the only year the trophies were handed out at the end of the tournament, in 2006 the trophies were not ordered or handed out until the opening ceremony of the 2007 season. Furthermore little league international recommends we only give out pins. It is very sad that the first place team is complaining, how do you think the last place kids feel they only won 1 game.
I see you didnt give your name here. I probably wouldnt either if I didnt do anything but show up at the games. The officials and managers in this league, give up months of their time, have a meeting at least once a month if not 3 or 4 times. If you think you can do a better job Im sure there will not be a line of people to be officers next year. Even though the pay is so good.
The kids who were 8 in little league were not allowed to play on the 9-10 year old allstar team. They had to play on the minor league team. It was not a parent or officers choice.
I wonder how many times you worked in the consession stand. This whole letter is wrong very wrong. It is spiteful untrue and nothing but nonsense. Call your team manager She has had your trophies for over a week. And by the way they are 3 times the size of last years. In the future instead of hiding behind the keyboard come to the meetings. We would appreciate the help and any input on how to do things. I feel bad for people who have all these terrible thing to say about other people, who are at least doing something besides sitting around criticizing what everybody else is doing.
interested visitor

Columbia, MD

#4 Jul 16, 2008
Can anyone tell me where the meyersdale little league park is located. Sorry this doesn't keep the proper topic open.. However, with much research your town appears to be a charm. I was surprised to see all this bickering..I can't wait to visit your charming town. There is an event the end of this month, which we would like to attend. thank you
official

United States

#5 Jul 16, 2008
Over the past several years our league has made tremendous gains in both overall play and in respect earned by other leagues which is due to the dedication of both the parents and coaches within. Until last year, Casselman Valley hadn't played district play. This year, both the 9 - 10's and the 11 & 12's place third in the district. In no game were we outmatched. The games were close and the gap between our teams continue to shrink.
The so called minor league players that you refer to are the future of our league. They lent a stabilizing and leading presence to the younger players. There were only a limited number of 8's, most players were either 6 or 7. They help form the leaders for years to come. No one was turned away for this team, and carried a roster of 15, unheard of for these tournaments. We played either 12 or 13 per game and given equal playing time. Tremendous strides were made and can only help the overall program. They received as much playing time is the post season as in the regular season. This was made possible by the coaches and the kids, not the league, not the parents. these are the same "officials of the league" that you feel are not looking at the kids.
Our league has turned from the emphasis on kids, but to the parents and coachea who have continually emphasized the winning percentage. The parents and some coaches have lost sight of the fact that this is game, and we are here to teach. A lesson that is hardest taught is to lose graciously, but we emphasize winning at all cost.
Yes, there are 8 year olds brought up to little league, but the parents that complain that they are brought up will be the first to complain when 5 year old Johnny get hit in the face with a baseball thrown by a 8 year old that has outgrown the minor league. Now how about that 10 year old that has been brought in to little league and has never seen a baseball? That will also be the same complaining parent when that child can't defend himself and is felt inadequate in the little league environment. We lose that child forever.
Every child should be given the opportunity to play baseball, without the interfering parents. There seem to be several of them out there.
When the "league officials" need help there is never the line breaking down the door to help, but god help you if you make a decision the phone lines burn down with angry moms and coaches. Don't worry keep it up, and you won't have to worry about the decisions of the "league officials" because there will be none left.
Also left will be delapidated fields, empty concession stands, uniformless players, and umpires. Then you will have nothing to complain about because there will be no one to blame but yourselves.

REMEMBER THIS IS FOR THE KIDS, NOT THE PARENTS AND COACHES. LOOK AT YOURSELVES IN THE MIRROR BEFORE THROWING STONES. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, YOU KNOW MY NUMBER SO GIVE ME A CALL.

Townperson

United States

#6 Jul 16, 2008
To the Interested Visitor, Our town is charming. Please plan on attending the event here. It is sure to be a great event. Our Townpeople come together to have great events. It is just unfortunate that someone felt the need to bad mouth the people who do for our league in this manner instead of asking the people in the "know". Please don't let anything you read on the internet influence your trip. Come and visit our town and see how welcoming we are.
coach

AOL

#7 Jul 17, 2008
Dear "Angry Mother" and others,

Yesterday, your angry comments along with the championship trophies were dropped off at my house. If you are in fact a parent of one of my players, let me say that I am embarrassed, ashamed, and angry at your absolute stupidity and audacity. You do the opposite of what I have preached to our players for the last four years: "Do your 'talking' on the field in the way that you play the game and in the way that you conduct yourself." Yes, both team's athletes and their parents were disappointed at the close of the game that no ceremony was held to recognize accomplishments, as had been organized the previous year. However, I assured all players and parents that trophies had been ordered and that I would arrange some sort of event that would satisfy everyone. In the meantime, I received no calls or complaints from any parent or player. Also, the person you so unfairly condemn was not responsible for ordering the trophies as this game was not a "Meyersdale" responsibility---it is the responsibility of the CV league as a whole. The trophies were ordered by a league official who had to send them back numerous times because the graphics were incorrect, which delayed their arrival. I am certain that if I handed your son a trophy for a girl's dance team, I'd be reading another internet complaint! Really, I'm not even convinced that the coward who posted the comments is even a parent of one of my players because everyone has been so agreeable, patient, and supportive of Meyersdale's LL program for so many years. All of these individuals also know that I am a local officer----ironically one of those people so criticized in the initial posting. I really don't think anyone who has a kid in his final year of baseball is too in the know or upset about the few eight-year-olds who were given the nod to play LL rather than ML and who "have unfairly taken" spots on the ML all-stars. None of those transactions affect a twelve-year-old and are quite frankly none of your business. Finally, as someone who has volunteered for seven years and who has mowed the grounds; stocked, run, and worked at the concession stand; run tournaments; purchased equipment; purchased uniforms; organized game officials; bought ice cream for 16 games a season x 7 years; bought or prepared supper for players; transported athletes; washed their uniforms; managed the organization's accounts and transactions with sponsors; and dealt with many other loose canons like you (enough already, you get the idea), I know firsthand the ceaseless work required to run a community's little league program. You, on the other hand, think that one round in the concession stand means you're an expert on the subject. The target of your comments,along with so many other concerned people, has dedicated herself to your child as well as to the others in the league. You know my phone number as well, that is, if your kid actually plays on my team. Have the guts to call me with your rant.
coach

River Falls, WI

#8 Jul 17, 2008
Im writing this to point out the great achievements that have been made over the past 15 years. When I started coaching in this league, we only had 7 teams now we have 11. Every field we went to play on had different rules because there was not rule books. Their were no trophies handed out, no playoffs, not championship. At the meetings 3 or 4 coaches made up a schedule the rest of the time not enough showed up to have a meeting. Most of the teams wore the same uniforms year after year, most didnt even fit or had holes.
Today thanks to officers and coaches that care enough to put in the time and hard work. We can give out trophies. Organize playoffs and a championship series. We can buy new uniforms every year. Some officers some years back put in many hours and we became sanctioned with Little League Inc.. Now we all use the same rules and have rule books. Some towns coaches and officials even organize a trip to pro ball games picnics and alot of other activities off the field.
I hear of all kind of problems with most little league teams across the US. Why are the problems parents who dont have a clue what little league is all about. To the kids it isnt about winning or loosing. It is about a hit they had or a great catch. Its about eating a hot dog and having a soda after the game. Its about a ice cream cone that a coach purchased who has already given his time and if like me spent a ton of money for equipment. Why is it so hard for the adults to get it. Without little league most of these kids would never have been given the opportunity to play a competitive sport. Its time to quit moaning and groaning, bitching and complaining. and let the kids just have fun.
onlooker

AOL

#9 Jul 17, 2008
this is sad
lms

United States

#10 Jan 6, 2012
step up or shut up , stop putting people down and find a way to help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meyersdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Former Bermudian Springs teacher arrest... Oct '14 Sara F 2
Cumberland County man dies on railroad tracks (Mar '09) Oct '14 Jim Stephens 26
Is GSI Paternity Lab Legit? (Oct '10) Sep '14 nobsforme 39
Woman with Stage-Four Cancer Decides She Can't ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 lady 1
Former officer faces charges for explicit texts... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Steve Gratman 2
Two Murder Suspects Arrested In Pennsylvania (Jul '06) Mar '14 Chris Alford 12
Help (Mar '14) Mar '14 Snake12345678910 1
Meyersdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Meyersdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Meyersdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Meyersdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:38 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 6:38PM
You miss DeSean Jackson now, Philadelphia Eagles?
Bleacher Report 6:45 PM
Eagles Should Turn to Matt Barkley in Week 17 If Playoffs out of Question
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Despite Win Redskins' D Still Major Problem
Bleacher Report 7:30 PM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Full Report Card Grades for Washington
ESPN 8:51 PM
Big-play Jackson questions 'naive' Eagles D