An American's nightmare in a Mexican hospital

There are 11 comments on the www.americanthinker.com story from Dec 18, 2011, titled An American's nightmare in a Mexican hospital. In it, www.americanthinker.com reports that:

The story of Alfonso Acosta's nightmare in a government-run Mexican hospital is worth considering the next time a self-serving Mexican official or open-borders advocate complains about how badly Mexican nationals are being treated in this country.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.americanthinker.com.

_lll-OvO-lll_

Orange, CA

#1 Dec 18, 2011
Sounds just like an American hospital.
Concerned

Mexico

#2 Dec 18, 2011
_lll-OvO-lll_ wrote:
Sounds just like an American hospital.
I have had 3 heart attacks. Two in the United States and 1 here in Chihuahua. Believe me the difference is incredible. I was not even in a government hospital which I am told by the locals is a nightmare. I was lucky enough to have someone I knew that lived here. He was a Mexican citizen. If he would not have signed and then had the money there within hours they would have let me die. Then you have to pay day by day or you are out. If you do owe money they will not let you leave. You are a prisoner.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 18, 2011
This is yet another reason illegals invade america. To get the much better health care that Congress so generously gives them for free.

As long as we give all these freebies to these parasites, they will keep coming.
Exactly

Kansas City, MO

#4 Dec 19, 2011
I agree Speeders Kill Kids. I watched Mexico's Death Train again this morning. It's a 2010 documentary you can find on youtube. A Guatemalan waiting to board the train said he was coming here for good health cares, a job, etc. It's absolutely disgusting that these illegals ride a train 1,500 miles from MX's southern border to ours in plain sight!
Exactly

Kansas City, MO

#5 Dec 19, 2011
To the top again!
Pumped Up Kicks

Orange, CA

#6 Dec 19, 2011
Whoever bumps these boring off topic articles to the top needs to get a job.
Rico Needs to be banned

Kansas City, MO

#7 Dec 19, 2011
Topix has to ban RICO!
US Citizen

Mount Vernon, WA

#8 Dec 19, 2011
The Mexican government is a complete and total hypocrite. All they care about is the cash from their (squatting in America parasite citizens). As much as they can steal and send back to Mexicraphole. Their citizens living in American have learned how to game the system to steal money, thanks to our pc and multicultural government.
Jim

United States

#9 Dec 21, 2011
My wife, who had just graduated with highest honors from the local community college went to the doctor after calling her sister who is a doctor but, lives some distance away. Her symptoms prompted my sister-in-law to urge my wife to see a neuroligist. She went to our primary care physician PCP)for a referal. Our (former)PCP. The Dr. told my wife she had a sinus infection. my wife explained her sister was a Dr. in Mexico City and felt a neuroligist was necessary. The US Dr. told my wife she should go back to Mexico then and she couldn't understand what my wife was saying (She does have an accent but it didn't stop her in a US college). So after much arguement our PCP agreed to a referal to what she said was a Dr. who could understand my wife (This was only based on a Spanish sounding name and no reference to Spanish language skills even though not necessary)Turns out the neuroligist was Phillipina and spoke no Spanish anyway (But, even this took a week for the referal). She sent my wife for an MRI and called that evening to tell my wife to go to the ER immediately. There was a tumor at the base of her skull and around her spine that could have caused immediate death had my wife move the wrong way. She referred us to a neurosurgeon who removed the tumor and saved my wife's life. Incidently he is from India. So we had a Mexican, a Phillipina, and an Indian that saved my wife a Mexican. And we had an American Dr. that nearly killed her. Good and bad comes from all countries and to judge based on a last name or accent could kill you.
Concerned

Mexico

#10 Dec 21, 2011
Jim wrote:
My wife, who had just graduated with highest honors from the local community college went to the doctor after calling her sister who is a doctor but, lives some distance away. Her symptoms prompted my sister-in-law to urge my wife to see a neuroligist. She went to our primary care physician PCP)for a referal. Our (former)PCP. The Dr. told my wife she had a sinus infection. my wife explained her sister was a Dr. in Mexico City and felt a neuroligist was necessary. The US Dr. told my wife she should go back to Mexico then and she couldn't understand what my wife was saying (She does have an accent but it didn't stop her in a US college). So after much arguement our PCP agreed to a referal to what she said was a Dr. who could understand my wife (This was only based on a Spanish sounding name and no reference to Spanish language skills even though not necessary)Turns out the neuroligist was Phillipina and spoke no Spanish anyway (But, even this took a week for the referal). She sent my wife for an MRI and called that evening to tell my wife to go to the ER immediately. There was a tumor at the base of her skull and around her spine that could have caused immediate death had my wife move the wrong way. She referred us to a neurosurgeon who removed the tumor and saved my wife's life. Incidently he is from India. So we had a Mexican, a Phillipina, and an Indian that saved my wife a Mexican. And we had an American Dr. that nearly killed her. Good and bad comes from all countries and to judge based on a last name or accent could kill you.
I have heard similar stories in the USA. But the difference is the care or not caring. Can you imagine pushing the emrgency button on your bedside and the nurse not showing up for 30 minutes. The nurses station was literally 30 feet outside the door to the room. Then unhooking your IV so you could go to the bathroom and then not coming back. Having to call them after 3 hours to do so. No one coming in to do checks for 4 hours at a time on a heart patient. Both times at hospitals here it was like "0" star service. I even talked to some Moenonites and they spoke very poorly of the hospitals. You can not talk to anyone here that is happy with their hospital service. All they say is you are in Mexico. So isolated cases in the United States I can see. You really have no idea how bad it is here until you talk with the people. Those who can afford it buy private insurance. But even the CIMA hospital here was bad. When in the United States during my heart attack, they were taking blood and doing tests all night. In Mexico I did not see the nurses until the morning.

You can get a bad Doctor anywhere, but here in Mexico life is cheap! Anyway that is what all my Mexican friends and relatives tell me. It is the system that is bad here.
Jim

United States

#11 Dec 21, 2011
I actually have talked with people who were very happy with the service they received at hospitals in Mexico. One in particular has a website about living in Tepic. While it certainly outrageous the service you saw, it happens here too. I think I would have been every bit as upset as you were and I fully understand. I do think you are generalizing. There is good treatment at government hospitals and there is bad. As I stated my sister-in-law is a doctor in Mexico City and has had lots of experience with government hospitals. My wife was at one last year with another sister and was surprised by the number of Americans waiting in line to be treated down there. You obviously saw the bad and I wish I could tell you it never happens but, I know that just isn't true any more than it would be here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mexico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Property Services May 14 jstrong196 1
News Do Mexicans Hate Puerto Ricans? (Sep '11) May 14 Steven 47
News Signs of Success (May '08) May 3 credibility 34
matt grady real name darrell grady does anyone ... (Dec '12) Apr 23 darrell grady 4
News US: Women in NY, NJ forced into sex 25 times a day (May '13) Apr '15 shawn t 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Altmar, NY (Jan '13) Apr '15 Bdog 2
News Modest Climate Change Steps Are Goal of Meeting... (Nov '10) Apr '15 Long Darby 6
More from around the web

Mexico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]