Mexia townsfolk remember Anna Nicole

There are 19 comments on the Feb 9, 2007, WFAA story titled Mexia townsfolk remember Anna Nicole. In it, WFAA reports that:

Known to the rest of the world for her trashy good looks, TV reality show stunts and drama-filled personal life, Anna Nicole Smith is remembered in her home town of Mexia, Texas, as a nice, quiet church-going ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA.

BRENDA LOMAX

Kingston Springs, TN

#1 Feb 10, 2007
For the minister of the,First Baptist Church in Mexia, TX. to give an interview to the media like he did about Anna Nicole Smith, he need's to get on his knee's and ask for forgiveness. Did you ever pray for her? Did you ever ask GOD to help turn her life around?
Why is it that minister's hold themselves to a higher standard, like they have never sinned?
Ihope and pray that Anna Nicole did accept the LORD as her personal saviour when she was younger and she is at peace now.
But it is not my place or the minister of the First Baptist Church to judge this girl!!!
Only GOD knew what was in her heart!!

Since: Feb 07

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2007
I agree with you. The minister was the most inappropriate person to speak on her behalf in her home town. I just wonder if the problem was that NO ONE else would speak to the media at the time, or was it planned by the family for the media to speak to minister to make the family look good keeping the "million-billion dollar" baby in mind.
It's so sick the way all this is unfolding for this sweet innocent child. I see absolutely no good thing that can possibly come to this child.
So sad...
BRENDA LOMAX

Kingston Springs, TN

#3 Feb 10, 2007
Bunny wrote:
I agree with you. The minister was the most inappropriate person to speak on her behalf in her home town. I just wonder if the problem was that NO ONE else would speak to the media at the time, or was it planned by the family for the media to speak to minister to make the family look good keeping the "million-billion dollar" baby in mind.
It's so sick the way all this is unfolding for this sweet innocent child. I see absolutely no good thing that can possibly come to this child.
So sad...
For this man, who never knew her and said what he said,he was so wrong!!!!
This is turning into a three ring circus. She is dead, for crying out loud!!!!But this is one dead dog that the media and people will be beating to death for a long time!!! She was so misunderstood and what caused her to be driven the way she was? Something went wrong in her childhood!!!
This could have been anyone of us and no one would have cared enough to find out what the underlying problem was!!
On one of the web site's in Mexia,Tx.the headline read's,"TRASHY LOOKING." What a horrible thing to say.GOD love's Anna Nicole as much as he does everyone else.And I bet the one's who are talking the loudest are in church everytime the door's are open.
If Mexia,Tx. was the only place on the face of the earth to live, I would live on the street's before I would live in a town where there are soooooooo many hypocrite's.
I don't blame her one bit for leaving this town and wanting more.
I am a christian,I love my HEAVENLY FATHER and HE love's me. And we are supposed to pray one for the other and draw strength from our brother's and sister's in CHRIST. If Anna was raised in church, she sure didn't have much to draw from in this town.
Poor Anna. Maybe she will finally get the love and peace she didn't get in this life!!!
BRENDA LOMAX

Kingston Springs, TN

#5 Feb 11, 2007
To the minister that made these comment's, why want you respond? You were wrong by judging and you and your congreation need to seek the LORD'S forgiveness!!!
Ihope you seek his face this morning!!!
Ohioan

Chillicothe, OH

#6 Feb 11, 2007
From a Grandma in Ohio.........Brenda and Bunny........you are both soooooo correct! I am sick of some forums I have seen who actually act like they hate Anna Nicole! Her death is a tragic loss. May God hold her in the palm of His hand now, and show her peace and love.
Ohioan

Chillicothe, OH

#7 Feb 11, 2007
OH...and may God bless Brenda and Bunny for their wisdom and loveing hearts.
The Shadow

Mesquite, TX

#8 Feb 11, 2007
Yeah, I'm sure Anna and Mother Theresa are chatting it up, talking about how alike they were.

That, or she's doing jello shots and giving table dances, which is far more fitting to her character.
MJM

Grand Prairie, TX

#9 Feb 12, 2007
How can Mexia miss her when she only claimed to be from there to increase her public appeal?

She's from Houston.
MJM

Grand Prairie, TX

#10 Feb 12, 2007
Ohioan wrote:
From a Grandma in Ohio.........Brenda and Bunny........you are both soooooo correct! I am sick of some forums I have seen who actually act like they hate Anna Nicole! Her death is a tragic loss. May God hold her in the palm of His hand now, and show her peace and love.
It's tragic when someone that doesn't know God dies before salvation, I'll give you that.

I consider her absence a net addition to the community here on Earth.
The Shadow

Mesquite, TX

#11 Feb 12, 2007
There is a real tragedy here. And it is this:
When Anna was stripping in Houston, she was made to work the Afternoon shift. WHAT? Even without the implants, she was Evening shift quality all the way!!
This should never happen again...no..not in America!
Guys, please check out your local strip clubs to make sure this injustice does not continue!

Since: Feb 07

WACO TX

#12 Feb 12, 2007
MJM wrote:
How can Mexia miss her when she only claimed to be from there to increase her public appeal?
She's from Houston.
she did live in mexia,went to school there,worked there married her first husband there.
MJM

Grand Prairie, TX

#13 Feb 12, 2007
BILL MOORE wrote:
<quoted text>she did live in mexia,went to school there,worked there married her first husband there.
Man, that's great. This changes everything, huh?

What years?
MJM

Grand Prairie, TX

#14 Feb 12, 2007
The Shadow wrote:
There is a real tragedy here. And it is this:
When Anna was stripping in Houston, she was made to work the Afternoon shift. WHAT? Even without the implants, she was Evening shift quality all the way!!
This should never happen again...no..not in America!
Guys, please check out your local strip clubs to make sure this injustice does not continue!
Dude, she was a bit big for Mens Club material, unless the boobs were already installed. Was she still afternoon when she got the bolt-ons?

Now, if the dances were back corner with pressure release, I see her doing very well afternoon or evening.

Is she still dead?
antivootie

Georgetown, TX

#15 Feb 14, 2007
The Shadow wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure Anna and Mother Theresa are chatting it up, talking about how alike they were.
That, or she's doing jello shots and giving table dances, which is far more fitting to her character.
Isn't it interesting that the folks that "knew her when" have nothing good to say about her while the fans that didn't know her at all (except as a drunken exhibitionist) think she was sooooo sweet?
Patricia Holmes

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Feb 15, 2007
Anna Nicole Smith was a sweet, pretty, beautiful woman who got caught up into the desire to be rich, famous and happy. She became rich and famous but happiness was erased with the sudden, tragic death of her young twenty-year old son and friend, Daniel Smith. Grief will kill a mother.
MARY ANN MOORE OF WACO TX

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Feb 15, 2007
MJM wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, that's great. This changes everything, huh?
What years?
dosent chang a thing.do mexia was my home town for years.do know my children went to school with her.hey,i heard you have a nude photo of anna nicole on youre computer as youre wallpaper.
bill moore of waco tx

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Feb 15, 2007
excuse me my last post showed my wifes name. not mine.
MJM

United States

#19 Feb 15, 2007
MARY ANN MOORE OF WACO TX wrote:
<quoted text>dosent chang a thing.do mexia was my home town for years.do know my children went to school with her.hey,i heard you have a nude photo of anna nicole on youre computer as youre wallpaper.
Yeah, all my hard copy photos are stuck together.
MJM

United States

#20 Feb 15, 2007
Patricia Holmes wrote:
Anna Nicole Smith was a sweet, pretty, beautiful woman who got caught up into the desire to be rich, famous and happy. She became rich and famous but happiness was erased with the sudden, tragic death of her young twenty-year old son and friend, Daniel Smith. Grief will kill a mother.
I think you pretty much nailed it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mexia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 22 Fart 798
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Apr 18 Fart Smoke 633
Info on AD Mar '15 Hope 1
Keith henderson Feb '15 Batman 3
any information on jason doss Jan '15 Watch this 1
EX- Coolidge Police Chief and his dad sue TABC ... (Apr '11) Jan '15 Jason 4 Attorney ... 3
cossacks mc Dec '14 pete 1
More from around the web

Mexia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]