Metuchen EMS refusing emt volunteers

Posted in the Metuchen Forum

Concerned Resident

Newark, NJ

#1 Nov 13, 2011
Yes I would like to say How would like it if you called 911 in the borough of Metuchen and it took 15 to 20 minutes to get an ambulance to your loved one? Most 911 calls go to police headquarters where the dispatcher puts an alert our for trained emts to respond quickly not the case here in Metuchen. The police dispatcher who took your loved ones 911 call now has to get on the phone with Woodbridge Police Dispatch, Edison Police Dispatch, or even Rutgers Police Dispatch for an ambulance to get your loved one when seconds count in emergency's! Anyway Metuchen EMS or First aid squad. They are refusing fully qualified EMT's to help cover these calls. I work for a Paid ems department all emts and all our response times are tracked by the state and it takes on average 3 minutes or less to respond after you call 911. So not the case here in Metuchen. Anybody who has a police scanner can monitor the Metuchen first aid squad frequency 478.81250 but most the time you will hear one emt calling dispatch to keep on dispatching the alarm for volunteers. Or the police department will bypass the Metuchen first aid and go to a different town taking up more time as your loved one sits in distress or is in cardiac arrest. Anyway the squad is refusing emts I have believe a call to the newspaper would be in order for this what Metuchen First aid is doing. I am a fully certified state emt and am willing to join the squad but many applications but none have been answered. So residents what kind of action should I take to resolve this issue? The newspaper I believe would be the best bet. Would like anyone's feedback thank you.
Gremlin Flox

Edison, NJ

#2 Apr 22, 2013
I think the issue is that one or two volunteer emts were not enough to cover day shifts. Moot point now that JFK handles Mon-Sat days. But, I see the unofficial borough sport, complaining, is still alive and well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metuchen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People still live in Edison??? (Jun '08) Dec 24 Wwert 114
Perth Amboy is a dump cause its filled with Low... (Mar '12) Dec 23 carolina la o 54
Edison Town Hall Meeting Addresses Recent Spate... Dec 16 ROSENBERG 3
Four Texans charges with home invasions Dec 16 ROSENBERG 1
Any gay teens anywhere in NJ? Dec 14 Anonymous 7
Couple Sought in Stabbing and Beating in Perth ... Dec 13 Pedro 5
Woman who sued Perth Amboy cops for false arres... Dec 11 str8 shooter 1

Metuchen News Video

Metuchen Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Metuchen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Metuchen News, Events & Info