Pastor gets 3 years' jail for fake lo...

Pastor gets 3 years' jail for fake lottery scheme

There are 23 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 4, 2008, titled Pastor gets 3 years' jail for fake lottery scheme. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The former pastor of a Washington Borough, N.J., church was sentenced Thursday to three years in state prison for concocting a fake lottery-style scheme to raise money for the church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chris

Easton, PA

#1 Jul 4, 2008
Ah, one of the many reasons I left Christianity.

“What's all this, then?”

Since: Feb 07

Pottstown, PA

#2 Jul 4, 2008
pastor

rat pos
Oh Well

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Jul 4, 2008
This is the problem with Christianity. A man of the cloth steals from corporations, and members of the church go to court to defend him.

Since: Mar 08

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Jul 4, 2008
He's a poor example of a man of the cloth. Not all pastors are like him. There are decent God fearing Pastors who do not steal from the Lord.
Dan

Easton, PA

#5 Jul 4, 2008
Change the World wrote:
He's a poor example of a man of the cloth. Not all pastors are like him. There are decent God fearing Pastors who do not steal from the Lord.
Yeah, some pastors just bang alter boys.
Joe Blow

Exton, PA

#6 Jul 4, 2008
I don't see what's so bad here. The point of the lottery was to raise funds for the church. He gave all the proceeds to the church. It's not like he took the money for himself and ran off to the caribbean.
Unfair

Allentown, PA

#7 Jul 4, 2008
What's so bad here is that he raised the money under false pretenses and then stole more money by stealing from corporations.
I think it is just unfair he doesn't spend his time in jail. If I did this, even if all the money went to a company I owned... I'd be in jail.
Just shows how prejudiced courts and judges are around here. Shame.
snowman Allentown PA

Nazareth, PA

#8 Jul 4, 2008
Does this mean that the dog and pony show that FAT EDDIE and our legislature foisted on us as a good reason for casino gambling could put them in jail. OH LORD, I pray for justice(not available in Pennsylvania).
Friar Tuck

Allentown, PA

#9 Jul 4, 2008
How will I pull off my next scheme at the Friary? What's a padre to do?
the truth

United States

#10 Jul 4, 2008
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, some pastors just bang alter boys.
Job perk
M Jones

Coopersburg, PA

#11 Jul 5, 2008
Another reason why people don't go to church anymore.
Alter Boy

Keyport, NJ

#12 Jul 7, 2008
Man let me tell ya...THAT PASTOR SUCKS!
Mimie

Antananarivo, Madagascar

#13 Jul 8, 2008
True, this is another reason why people don't go to church anymore.
What this man did surely besmirches God's message but does in no way invalidate it. You cannot say the gold a runner brings is worth nothing because he is covered with mud when he fell.
the truth

United States

#14 Jul 8, 2008

Since: Nov 07

Macungie

#15 Jul 8, 2008
Alter Boy wrote:
Man let me tell ya...THAT PASTOR SUCKS!
wow, I can't believe they let you say "sucks"
are you referring to fellatio?
Alter Boy

Keyport, NJ

#16 Jul 10, 2008
Yes. haha.

“You got the wrong person”

Since: Aug 07

United States

#17 Jul 10, 2008
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, some pastors just bang alter boys.
LOL I thought the same thing
Subhuman

Keyport, NJ

#18 Jul 10, 2008
Yes and they also let you say GO TO HELL PASTOR!!! LOL!! HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
the real christian

Bridgetown, Barbados

#19 Jan 6, 2010
Chris wrote:
Ah, one of the many reasons I left Christianity.
You left Christianity because of the sins of christians? since when were we perfect?
the real christian

Bridgetown, Barbados

#20 Jan 6, 2010
M Jones wrote:
Another reason why people don't go to church anymore.
People who "dont go to church anymore" never wanted to in the first place....they just use the sins of other christians as an excuse to live the way THEY want to live...once your a true child of God and have that relationship with him...its near impossible to move away from him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metuchen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Perth Amboy fire chief dies, prosecutor's offic... 20 hr Dont matter 2
News ICE Arrests Two Criminal Illegal Immigrants Aft... Jun 20 spytheweb 2
Perth Amboy is a dump cause its filled with Low... (Mar '12) Jun 13 Robert Neglio 90
perth amboy (Jul '06) Jun 12 Anonymous 24
Review: Jaylynn Towing & Recovery (Aug '14) Jun 9 Terminator 2
Outplacement, Career Transition Coaching helps ... May 31 BJ Jhaveri 1
News Man who died in Plainfield police custody last ... May 30 Chrissy 1

Metuchen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Metuchen Mortgages