voting in metter
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
COLOR

Cobbtown, GA

#65 Sep 30, 2009
I just finished reading this weeks paper and I saw that Tony had his Thank You ad in it.
This is not a rumor. It is in black and white. No mention of him being a member of the “SCV”? Neither did mention teaching @“DEA”? It did not even mention the part that Sothern Gent said “but he has also written two books on the subject of Probate Court Records.”
What it says is “Author of 4 Local History and Court Record Books including The Tattnall County Superior Court Records of 1801-1832” Nothing about Probate Court Judge.” I would think that things have changed since the 1800.
Southern Gent

Metter, GA

#66 Sep 30, 2009
What do you care if he's a member of the SCV or not? The SCV is a peaceful historical preservation organization. They have memorials for their ancestors’ memories and take care of their grave sites. What is wrong with honoring your ancestors? Is he supposed to announce his membership every time he places an add in the paper? He IS an instructor at DEA, and he teaches 11th Grade U.S. History, 8th Grade GA History, 10th Grade World History, and 12th Grade Economics. You may check it out on the 2009 class schedule for DEA: http://www.deaeagles.net/classschedule.pdf . It matters not the subject of his books, he has written books on court records, which is impressive. He wrote about the Superior and Inferior Records because there WAS NO SUCH THING as a Probate Court years ago. Superior and Inferior Courts shared Probate Court responsibility. So, in a way, his books were about Probate Court issues. He has also written a book on his family's genealogy called "Kinfolks Across the River" (for which he won an award from the GA Historical Society) as well as: "It's Not What You Know: The Battle to Control How You Feel About History," which I do own a copy of and have read, being a professional historian myself. Things have changed since 1800, and Tony is way more equipped than Marcia to handle them. Stop trying to blast a good man. If you want this to be a clean race, build up YOUR candidate and stop trying to make Tony looks bad because you can’t. All you are doing is making Marcia look bad.
Southern Gent

Metter, GA

#67 Sep 30, 2009
Tony look* bad...
Professional Woman

Metter, GA

#68 Oct 1, 2009
I have personally known both Marcia and Tony for many many years. I have had the opportunity to have a professional relationship with both. They both have a history of professional excellence and public responsibility. It is my experience that Tony has moved forward in a positive, responsible direction. I have also watched Marcia allow her personal life to overflow into her professional life in a negative manner, causing her to loose focus. In my opinion, this is why her position with Metter Bank was terminated. Marcia is very intelligent and capable of the position as Probate Judge, however, based on how she is running her campaign, with public appearances with her, as another put it, "campaign manager", I feel her focus is still misguided and she will continue to self-destruct. And if she were to be elected, it will be to the detriment of the citizens of Candler County and not the bank.
It saddens me that such a good, bright, talented individual such as Marcia would allow this to destroy her God given talents. I would have liked to support her but find that Tony is the better choice.

As far as SCV goes, they also honor people of 'color' that fought for our country.
Just ME

Metter, GA

#69 Oct 2, 2009
Please make it a point to come back out and vote again on October 13th. Tony is well on his way to making a difference in Metter and with your help he can. I personally like a canidate that you cant throw mud at because there is none. Once again he is the honest and obvious choice for Probate Judge.
professional man

Cobbtown, GA

#70 Oct 2, 2009
Well said professional woman, Its sad, but true the way her professional life has taken a nose dive, mainly because her personal life got in the way. If its still going on, which it is, how will it affect her as probate court judge? What happens when it ALL catches up to her??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel United In Christ -(IUIC): Is definitely ... 2 min The Kingdom 3
News Freedom Riders: Civil Rights activists reflect,... 1 hr former democrat 1
News Atlanta mayor to Trump: 'John Lewis an American... 2 hr u got anthing n r... 7
TBN Boots Jack Van Impe False Prophet (Jun '11) 8 hr Janice shehorn 132
Falcons is going to he superboal ! 8 hr TIGERBLOOD 7
Eddie Long AIDS 8 hr TIGERBLOOD 3
Stop Jeff Sessions, This Hick Has to Go Back Ho... 11 hr SQT 33

Metter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Metter Mortgages