voting in metter
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Just ME

Metter, GA

#1 Aug 17, 2009
Okay Metter here is your chance to get an honest, hard working man into office. Tony Thompson has already been working hard for Metter since 1987 as an educator and coach in the area and now he needs your help to become our next Probate Judge. He has the education and experience that we need. Did I mention honesty that is so lacking in Metter's political scene. Help him help you by electing Tony Thompson for Probate Judge.
wondering

Metter, GA

#2 Aug 19, 2009
I personally like Vicky Woodard in this election. She has a lot of good ideas for bringing Metter into the 21st century with no cost to the Citizens. Most of you have probably dealt with or seen her at the health department. Please vote for Vicky in the upcomming election. Most importantly please vote on September 15 regardless who its for.
jane doe

Metter, GA

#3 Aug 20, 2009
What about Marcia Rigdon? What are your thoughts on her?
Wayne Groover

Waterford, MI

#4 Aug 22, 2009
I can't stand her!!!!!!!!! I mean c'mon! This pisses me off!!!!!! God*am* Mother***kers!!!!
Panther

AOL

#5 Aug 23, 2009
Democrats let's boycott products that are not made in America. Let's really take back our country, but from the greedy coorperations who took away our jobs, because they don't want to pay for Health Insurance! BUY AMERICAN MADE!
Cobbtown sport girl

Sparta, GA

#6 Aug 24, 2009
I have to say...the race is for Probate Judge is going to be a good one....The office needs to be update and not at our tax payer expense for sure...I personally think Stephen Taylor is the one, at least he is already thinking about us tax payers and that is a good start....Go Stephen Taylor....

Since: Aug 09

Cobbtown, GA

#7 Aug 24, 2009
What is it that pisses you off? Sounds like something personal.
Concerned Metterite

Metter, GA

#8 Aug 30, 2009
RE: Mr.Wayne Groover, I agree she may not be the best candidate. Our community feels that she will do a poor job as she did while working for Durden Banking company. It is clear that she wasn't focused on her job when she wouldn't return your phone calls for days and took forever to process loans. That's why lots of us have changed banks.
Cobbtown sport girl

Sparta, GA

#9 Sep 1, 2009
Marcia is a nice person. Is she really the one for a public office? NO. This position should be held for the Metter citizens and taxpayers. I look at it she must of could not have done her job or JOBS, remember Metter Bank / B B & T they did n't want her either...think back...Something wrong here folks.

Cobbtown, GA

#10 Sep 3, 2009
?

Cobbtown, GA

#11 Sep 3, 2009
RE: MISS METTERITE, You say that Marcia may not be the best candidate. Because, It is clear that she wasn't focused on her job when she wouldn't return your phone calls for days and took forever to process loans. Have you thought that maybe she was to buisy to return all of her calls. Also was she the only LOAN OFFICER out there or was she the only ONE that you and everyone else wanted to deal with? You also say that a lot of us have changed BANKS. I don't know about you but I changed because she is not out there. When she was there she treated you like FAMILY not just like another NUMBER. She mad people feel like they were doing her a favor not her doing them a favor.
I also have sat @ the BANK waiting to talk with her and have seen it, how many people would come in to see her our how many phone calls see got in one day. I don't know how she done what all she did do. Did you every see the parking lot when she was there? It looked like WAL-MART, not now it looks like a GOST TOWN. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like to me everyone is gone because she is gone. If it was because she did POOR work or what ever may have been the reason. Everyone would come back. She is not there??????????
I VOTE FOR MARCIA!!!!!!!!!!

Cobbtown, GA

#12 Sep 3, 2009
RE: MISS COBBTOWN SPORT, I agree with you Marcia is a NICE PERSON. You ask, Is she really the one for a public office? NO. This position should be held for the Metter citizens and taxpayers. Have you seen her adds in the paper? Look @ her first letter and tell me how many of the other candidates have been as envovled in the community as she has. NONE! You also said, I look at it she must of could not have done her job or JOBS, remember Metter Bank / B B & T they did n't want her either...think back... Okay I did and if I remember correctly when BB&T bought METTER BANK, there was about 12-15 people that QUIT the bank and yes MARCIA was one of them that QUIT. Most of them are now working @ other banks in METTER. As for her job @ DURDEN BANK. Why dont you ask some one who knows the TRUTH about it. I did and I know the TRUTH.
You also said, Something wrong here folks. You are right about that. I think that we are to buisy pointing our fingers @ the wrong people. What about the other candidates, do you think they have done NO WRONG? What about yourself? I am sure you have done something WRONG. I know I have. If I remember correctly we have to answer to one JUDGE, and he is not from METTER.
Cobbtown sport girl

Sparta, GA

#13 Sep 3, 2009
George Edwards wrote:
RE: MISS COBBTOWN SPORT, I agree with you Marcia is a NICE PERSON. You ask, Is she really the one for a public office? NO. This position should be held for the Metter citizens and taxpayers. Have you seen her adds in the paper? Look @ her first letter and tell me how many of the other candidates have been as envovled in the community as she has. NONE! You also said, I look at it she must of could not have done her job or JOBS, remember Metter Bank / B B & T they did n't want her either...think back... Okay I did and if I remember correctly when BB&T bought METTER BANK, there was about 12-15 people that QUIT the bank and yes MARCIA was one of them that QUIT. Most of them are now working @ other banks in METTER. As for her job @ DURDEN BANK. Why dont you ask some one who knows the TRUTH about it. I did and I know the TRUTH.
You also said, Something wrong here folks. You are right about that. I think that we are to buisy pointing our fingers @ the wrong people. What about the other candidates, do you think they have done NO WRONG? What about yourself? I am sure you have done something WRONG. I know I have. If I remember correctly we have to answer to one JUDGE, and he is not from METTER.
Yes we ALL have made mistakes, and myself have done my share and learned from them all of them. Words can say alot and action can speak alot too.
wondering

Metter, GA

#14 Sep 4, 2009
she's the only one I know that has a "campaign manager" and she did a poor job at Metter bank. I can attest for that if it wasn't for her assitant most of the stuff wouldn't have gotten done then. She might do a great job as probate judge, I don't know. However from past experience with her I can't vote for her.
GET REAL

Metter, GA

#16 Sep 6, 2009
Wayne Groover wrote:
I can't stand her!!!!!!!!! I mean c'mon! This pisses me off!!!!!! God*am* Mother***kers!!!!
must have turned you down for a lone at some point. man what a perfect red neck you sound like. go red!
The Truth

Metter, GA

#17 Sep 6, 2009
wondering wrote:
she's the only one I know that has a "campaign manager" and she did a poor job at Metter bank. I can attest for that if it wasn't for her assitant most of the stuff wouldn't have gotten done then. She might do a great job as probate judge, I don't know. However from past experience with her I can't vote for her.
She does not have a campaign manager. Ask for a copy of the gualification records.
The Truth

Metter, GA

#18 Sep 6, 2009
She does not have a campaign manager. She did pay the qualifyig fee and all the candidates did not. One person cannot do the job of several efficiently but no one listened.
wondering

Metter, GA

#19 Sep 7, 2009
You got to be there to do the job that you are paid to to do. And to the tell you the truth, Truth only one candidate did not pay the fee. If you will notice the quotation marks you will see that cammpaign manager was meant in another way. If you don't know what I mean ask somebody.
Cobbtown sport girl

Sparta, GA

#20 Sep 9, 2009
Can't wait to vote.....
Southern Gent

Statesboro, GA

#21 Sep 17, 2009
Tony Thompson is more qualified than any of the other people that are running (especially now that it is down to the runoff). Not only is he an educator in the area of government, but he has also written two books on the subject of Probate Court Records. He is one of the smartest men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and I, for one, would be more than happy to have him as our Probate Judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leaders say Trump presidency is at odds with ML... 3 hr Dr Sanjay Gupta 283
Review: A to Z Handyman Services (Aug '12) Sat Msburns 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Fitius T Bluster 21,382
Kendall woods (Oct '16) Dec 22 username 2
first Baptist metter Nov '17 the twins papaw 1
metter police officer arested for domestic voil... (Aug '08) Nov '17 Real Talk 86
Backwoods Redneck Hicks (Nov '14) May '17 Prayedup 8

Metter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Metter Mortgages