police department
concerned citizen

United States

#1 Aug 9, 2011
What are some of the good things and bad things about the police department. What does the new chief need to start doing or quit doing
knowledgeable one

Metter, GA

#2 Aug 9, 2011
For one thing the new chief needs to get out and be seen...inter-act with the people...not sit in the office ALL day...Overall I think the PD operated pretty darn good having the chief they had...How many times did you see the man? Just like any police department they have some good officers and some bad ones. Metter needs a chief that is willing to do anything he asks his officers to do.
concerned citizen

Wellington, AL

#3 Aug 10, 2011
What do you consider a bad officer
knowledgeable one

Metter, GA

#4 Aug 10, 2011
A police officer that doesn't do his job (protect and serve) or perhaps tries to better him or her self by illegal means (drugs or turning their head). Police Officers are there to protect the public.
concerned citizen

Wellington, AL

#5 Aug 11, 2011
Are you saying they take bribes....does anyone know why the old chief left
knowledgeable one

Metter, GA

#6 Aug 11, 2011
No one is saying they take bribes! Maybe sometimes it may be easier to turn your head than go thru the hassle of dealing with the problem. In Metter you have to be careful of whose toes you step on!
concerned citizen

Little Rock, AR

#7 Aug 12, 2011
Do they patrol or just hang out at the local hang out
knowledgeable one

Metter, GA

#8 Aug 12, 2011
Some patrol and some hang out but overall the majority are pretty good cops and could probably be better ones with the right guidance from their chief. I don't think any are crooked but some are just a little lazy!
concerned citizen

Little Rock, AR

#9 Aug 12, 2011
Who is running the show since they are looking for a new chief
Amazed

Metter, GA

#10 Aug 14, 2011
Calvin Walker (veteran police officer) who has been with the department longer than the last 3 chiefs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do white people HATE Barack Obama??? (Jun '10) 9 hr Truth Smack 1,204
News Mysterious Ga. Monument Fuels Conspiracy Theories (May '11) 9 hr phinneas j whoopie 29
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 10 hr phinneas j whoopie 311
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Julia 20,063
Is there a gay ajenda? 19 hr Political Traveler 1
New York Times Joins the War on Christians and ... Fri ChicknButt 8
Atlanta Chat Room is a great place to meet sing... (Nov '06) Fri Mark111 603
More from around the web

Metter People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Metter Mortgages