Why should/shouldn't I vote for Homer...

Why should/shouldn't I vote for Homer Bell?

Posted in the Metter Forum

Concerned

Cobbtown, GA

#1 Jul 1, 2008
If any of you have read my previous posts then you would know I started this forum in effort to see the full picture in which Homer Bell allies obviously claim I'm not seeing. It is very obvious that I am planning to vote KK Ausbon for reasons it takes to long to list. So if anyone out there can give me a reason to vote for Homer Bell then I would be willing to listen. Tell me what Homer has done for Candler county! And for the others who are voting Ausbon please tell me why I shouldn't vote Homer Bell. I'm interested in seeing the comparison and seeing what others have experienced with Homer Bell.
Concerned

Cobbtown, GA

#2 Jul 1, 2008
Still no one?
The Ghost

Bath, SC

#3 Jul 1, 2008
Concerned wrote:
Still no one?
Obviously this is going to be heated race...vote however you want to vote based on the conclusions that you have drawn. As for me, I've heard Ausbon open his mouth and that's enough for me to vote for whoever is on the other side.
Concerned

Cobbtown, GA

#4 Jul 3, 2008
Still no One? Is there no one out there that can tell me why I should vote for Homer Bell? Has he done nothing in 7 terms?
Wondering

Metter, GA

#5 Jul 9, 2008
HE HAS DONE HIS JOB. WHEN EVER HIS OFFICE HAS BEEN CALLED HE HAS BEEN THERE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY. I AM NOT A RICH PERSON NOR AM I ONE OF THE CHOSEN I AM A NORMAL TAXPAYING CITIZEN OF CANDLER COUNTY. wHY SHOULD I VOTE FOR JAMES AUSBORN AND DON'T GIVE ME ANY FAKE PROMISES ABOUT WHAT HE MIGHT DO WHEN OR IF HE GETS THE JOB. I HEAR ENOUGH OF THAT FROM OBAMA AND MCCAIN.

Since: Jul 08

Metter, Ga

#6 Jul 17, 2008
Hey, Concerned, why don't you get K.K. to post on this site 10 things he will change if elected Sheriff, and how he will fund each. I am not concerned about child support, that is not the job for Sheriff's. Under age drinking will never go away as long as alcohol is available. This can be controlled by raising your child to not do this. All we need are facts as to his plan for Candler county. Waiting to here from him.
Simply A

Athens, GA

#7 Sep 28, 2011
Hmm....why I shouldn't vote for him....hmm, let me see. Maybe cause he's a crooked cop??
Deloach Family

Statesboro, GA

#9 Jan 11, 2012
Homer Bell, has failed to stop hate crimes in Metter, Ga. on Sunday Jerrild Deloach was found on a dirt road, barely clinging to life. He was air lifted to the Memorial Hospital, when he gave authorities the names of the Caucasins that pretended to befriend him then attacked him for no reason. Mr. Hommer Bell informed the family he could not arrest anyone even though Mr.Deloach gave the names of his attackers. Hommer reason for no arrest, there was not enough information from the victim. You decide if you want this to continue. We want stop until Justice is done.

Deloach Family
Concerned

Savannah, GA

#10 Jan 20, 2012
The mythical "WALKING TALL" type law enforcement is just that, Mythical. The laws we all must follow do not begin the local law enforcement, they end there. Have you ever wondered why things can not get done. I can tell ya. Because the laws of this great country don't allow local law enforcement to take on the Walking Tall type enforcement when we know it is the thing to do.

Homer Bell does the job that he can do, legally and so will your next Sheriff. He will do only the job he, by law, can do. And you will continue to grip about why they or he didn't do certain things.

And if you don't believe me, you go a get that badge and let's see what you can do.... I can tell you what that will be. Only what the laws will let you do.

When you go vote, you vote for what you think a person will do, not what he has done. You vote based on what somebody hasn't done according to your beliefs but you don't realize that he has done his best according to the laws he has to perform under and that will continue into the nexts sheriff term. Laws, as they are will pervail. Your beliefs will be just that, beliefs of what should be done not what will be done, legally by the written laws.

Vote for whom you wish but remember this, whoever wins the election will have a bullseye on his back for people like you who think someone else can do a better job.
annonymous

Statesboro, GA

#11 Jan 20, 2012
Concerned you are so wrong...you are living in a dream world....Homer does what he wants to do...no more no less
Concerned

Savannah, GA

#12 Jan 23, 2012
Annonymous, If you are so displeased with Sheriff Homer Bell, vote him out. All I am saying is that he can do no more than what the law allows just like the next Sheriff will do. Nothing no more than the law allows. But you will probably be displeased with a new Sheriff also.
annonymous

Statesboro, GA

#13 Jan 24, 2012
Concerned you may be right about a new sheriff
Understanding Ex Citizen

Savannah, GA

#14 Nov 2, 2014
I am from the backward town of Metter Georgia and have lived there my whole life until I decided to move. Anyway, the reason that I would never vote for Homer Bell is because he is a racist prick. He does so much for the well to do citizens in Metter but tries to lock up everyone who does not fit in with his plan. I think that Metter has too much corruption and they need someone who can come in and not think like the people who have lived in Metter their whole lives. I was glad to move from that small hick town and I hope that they get some people that can come in and stir up the pot a little bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clinton is the Antichrist!!!! (Nov '15) 3 hr Elmer 10
People like Hillary Clinton are Destroying Amer... 5 hr Ian Maddesons 5
News Who Are The Real Children Of Israel? (Jul '10) 16 hr True Christian w... 992
News Lillly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act Passed in the Senate (Jan '09) Wed BJ Douglas 11
Crystal Black Wed Bernie 8
Poll Does Candler County need a new Sheriff? (Mar '08) Apr '16 Hilton k Johnson Jr 25
Backwoods Redneck Hicks (Nov '14) Apr '16 Ohhh Dammm 3

Metter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Metter Mortgages