First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rivers Edge Vet

Metropolis, IL

#1 Dec 28, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the vet off 12th St. I think her name is Karla. I am looking for a new vet, but heard stories about her and just wandered if they were true or not. Feedback please!
hold on

Metropolis, IL

#2 Dec 28, 2010
my mom goes to her, very satisfied..
watchurwallet

United States

#3 Dec 28, 2010
She ok but be ready to pay for every little thing she does at time she does test that are pointless but it gets your bill up it like you can get out of there without spending a 100 or a little less she seems awful money hungry just my opinion
oh boy

Elizabethtown, IL

#4 Dec 28, 2010
I hope you keep looking for another vet.
Joe Parent

Allentown, PA

#5 Dec 28, 2010
We asked for a price to get our dog fixed before we took it in. It ended up costing more than double because of the fees she added. Thank about that, the "fees" were more than the cost to fix the dog!!! No complications, she just flat out didn't tell us what the total cost was going to be!! They all maybe doing this now?? Atleast, I will know to ask direct questions when I compare prices next time. I'll never go back.
Anonymous

White House, TN

#6 Dec 31, 2010
I love this vet! they are so great all the girls that work there are very sweet they really care about there patients and clients. I would never go anywhere else. Karla is wonderful and so knowledgeable. I would recommend taking all your animals here!
more

Elizabethtown, IL

#7 Dec 31, 2010
She got fired from a Paducah vet for incompetence.
Shawnee Marie

Ashburn, VA

#8 Dec 31, 2010
I do not like this vet. I had a very bad experience there and no, i do not owe them money. Karla (?) the female vet is not very good at manners and kindness at times.
okay

Oyster Bay, NY

#9 Dec 31, 2010
She about let my dog die. Couldn't figure out what was wrong, gave wrong meds. I took him to lone oak and vet knew as soon as I walked in!! They saved his life and he would have died if I hadn't taken him to lone oak! I don't owe money either, although I shouldn't have paid the bill, OVER $700.00.
iloveriversedgev et

Metropolis, IL

#10 Jan 4, 2011
Are we talking about the same vet? She is a wonderful vet! I would recommend her to everyone! She is very kind and sweet. The reason she tests your animals is because she actually cares for your animals health unlike other vet's that DO NOT test because they really could care less and all THEY want is your MONEY, at least when you pay her you leave knowing what you paid for.
okay

Oyster Bay, NY

#11 Jan 4, 2011
iloveriversedgevet wrote:
Are we talking about the same vet? She is a wonderful vet! I would recommend her to everyone! She is very kind and sweet. The reason she tests your animals is because she actually cares for your animals health unlike other vet's that DO NOT test because they really could care less and all THEY want is your MONEY, at least when you pay her you leave knowing what you paid for.
Yes we are all talking about the same vet!!!!!
Dr Karla Cunningham

Metropolis, IL

#12 Jan 4, 2011
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I'm sorry if Joe Parent from Allentown PA did not understand that pre-anesthetic blood work, post-op pain medication and using a surgical laser were recommendations and not requirements. Owners of all of our surgical patients are required to sign an admission form that lists these recommendations and allows owners to accept or decline these services. Costs for these services are clearly listed on the admission form.
okay, from Williamsport OH, glad the good folks in Lone Oak were able to treat your animal correctly. I'm not perfect and always want to learn from my mistakes so please contact me at the office and discuss your case with me so I can try not to make the same mistake twice.
Just to set the record straight, I worked for Dr. Bill Cummins at the Cummins Vet Clinic in Paducah, KY for approximately 12 Saturdays in 1998-1999 to earn a little extra money to buy a horse. I left there in good standing. I have never been fired from any job nor have had any disciplinary action taken against me. I am fully licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Illinois and Kentucky.
vet

Britton, MI

#13 Jan 4, 2011
iloveriversedgevet wrote:
I agree. Dr. Karla has been very kind, caring and considerate and we have been very pleased.
newlizard

Essex, MD

#14 Jan 4, 2011
I think Karla is a great vet....I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here. I know personally how caring she is and has gone out of her way to take care of pets and their owners too. Metropolis needed a new vet and I'm so glad she is here.

Ashburn, VA

#15 Jan 4, 2011
Well, she has her bad days and i can prove it. She walked out in the waiting area griping because i wanted the blood work done on my dog then. Not that afternoon.(had an appt for then) dog was having seizures and was within an hour of death. This vet was throwing a fit and we walked out with our dog. Our vet had sent us there to get blood work done as he didn't have the proper equip. at his other office. Long story. She was horrible and when my husband told her off she said she was sorry...Aand tried to get us to come back in . We left. We went to PADUCAH and within 30 ,in our dog was diagnosed with a couple of things, put on meds and sent home. They said dog was within an hour of death upon arrival.

Ashburn, VA

#16 Jan 4, 2011
Joe Parent wrote:
We asked for a price to get our dog fixed before we took it in. It ended up costing more than double because of the fees she added. Thank about that, the "fees" were more than the cost to fix the dog!!! No complications, she just flat out didn't tell us what the total cost was going to be!! They all maybe doing this now?? Atleast, I will know to ask direct questions when I compare prices next time. I'll never go back.
I am so sorry she did this to you but i am not surprised. Everyone should know especially a vets office) that when people need a price quote they want to know what they will have to pay. Vets expect payment when services are rendered. They need to tell this so called dr that if you surprise too many people with a padded and unexpected bill they are liable to come up short! Everyone doesn't have money to just give a blank check to the vet. Thats why the general public likes to know what something will cost. My dog just had knee surgery and i knew well ahead of time how much the min and max cost would be so i could save the money for the procedure...and no, this mean mouth vet didn't get to do the surgery. I wouldn't let her clean up after my animal she is so rude when she thinks no one can hear her.
Hannah Johns

Ashburn, VA

#17 Jan 4, 2011
Dr Karla Cunningham wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I'm sorry if Joe Parent from Allentown PA did not understand that pre-anesthetic blood work, post-op pain medication and using a surgical laser were recommendations and not requirements. Owners of all of our surgical patients are required to sign an admission form that lists these recommendations and allows owners to accept or decline these services. Costs for these services are clearly listed on the admission form.
okay, from Williamsport OH, glad the good folks in Lone Oak were able to treat your animal correctly. I'm not perfect and always want to learn from my mistakes so please contact me at the office and discuss your case with me so I can try not to make the same mistake twice.
Just to set the record straight, I worked for Dr. Bill Cummins at the Cummins Vet Clinic in Paducah, KY for approximately 12 Saturdays in 1998-1999 to earn a little extra money to buy a horse. I left there in good standing. I have never been fired from any job nor have had any disciplinary action taken against me. I am fully licensed to practice veterinary medicine in Illinois and Kentucky.
Whoopti Doo!
more

Elizabethtown, IL

#18 Jan 4, 2011
Poor attitude. Good PR to your face but hateful when your back is turned. Doesn't really care for animals. Its just a dog... Her compassion is for your billfold, not your pet.
just heard

Equality, IL

#19 Jan 5, 2011
My girlfriend takes her dog there and she said it would cost $500 or better to fix her dogs heart worms. She didn't complain, so......
She likes the vet.
have some common sense

Waterloo, Canada

#20 Jan 5, 2011
500 or more to fix heartworms? Heartland animal hospital charges 300 including the boarding of the animal while receiving treatment. You got robbed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metropolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Levi Evans 14 min Know it All 6
Lets continue naming 26 min needmore 6
misty starr (Sep '12) 2 hr StrungYoung 29
Cindy Smith 5 hr JOJO 8
I ran out of TP 8 hr Butthead 3
Amiela quint 10 hr Mefff 3
Massac Co. Football 12 hr Jared 21

Metropolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance