Comments
41 - 53 of 53 Comments Last updated Jan 2, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wait one second

Gilbertsville, KY

#43 Dec 17, 2012
FEDERAL LAW ONLY wrote:
<quoted text>To tell a child what can't be proven true is to abuse the child. The public schools don't spread lies to students only cults do.
So my child is taught the Big Bang Theory. That theory has never been proven and cannot be proven 100%. Yet my child is still taught about it in school. Darwin's Theory of Evolution. Again, cannot be proven 100% however my child is subjected to it. So you say telling a child what cannot be proven true is to abuse the child. Sounds to me like the public schools lie just as much as cults do. And the government and anyone with any amount of power. They ALL lie and abuse. Just saying.
layla

Marion, IL

#44 Dec 18, 2012
wait one second wrote:
<quoted text>
So my child is taught the Big Bang Theory. That theory has never been proven and cannot be proven 100%. Yet my child is still taught about it in school. Darwin's Theory of Evolution. Again, cannot be proven 100% however my child is subjected to it. So you say telling a child what cannot be proven true is to abuse the child. Sounds to me like the public schools lie just as much as cults do. And the government and anyone with any amount of power. They ALL lie and abuse. Just saying.
But never even mention God.
The Beginning Of The End

United States

#45 Dec 18, 2012
It's the final countdown! Countdown To The End Of The World: T Minus 2 Days Remain Until The End Of The World As We Know It!! Everyone join me in a rendition of REM's, It's The End Of The World As We Know It
wait one second

Paducah, KY

#46 Dec 20, 2012
layla wrote:
<quoted text>But never even mention God.
I know for a fact that God is real. I have tangible evidence of His existence. Funny thing is though, because of my testimony about everything God has done for me, I was called a liar by several preachers who state that they believe in the same God that I do. So, I don't go to churches. I don't force my children to go to Sunday School and I certainly read my Bible very carefully as too many translations have been manipulated for political purposes. However, it doesn't make me any less of a believer. And what God did for me cannot be called a coincidence because He actually spoke to my husband and everything that He said would happen, happened. It was an amazing experience that can never be taken away. When I teach my children about our Loving God who sent His Son to die on a cross in our place, it is because I KNOW these things to be 100% true. Not because the Bible or the preacher told me... I know it because my faith has been solidified by what He did for me.
layla

Carterville, IL

#47 Dec 21, 2012
wait one second wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact that God is real. I have tangible evidence of His existence. Funny thing is though, because of my testimony about everything God has done for me, I was called a liar by several preachers who state that they believe in the same God that I do. So, I don't go to churches. I don't force my children to go to Sunday School and I certainly read my Bible very carefully as too many translations have been manipulated for political purposes. However, it doesn't make me any less of a believer. And what God did for me cannot be called a coincidence because He actually spoke to my husband and everything that He said would happen, happened. It was an amazing experience that can never be taken away. When I teach my children about our Loving God who sent His Son to die on a cross in our place, it is because I KNOW these things to be 100% true. Not because the Bible or the preacher told me... I know it because my faith has been solidified by what He did for me.
You must have misunderstood what I was saying. I know there is a God also but what I was ridiculing was the fact the schools never mention God in their day to day activities.
Look up

Metropolis, IL

#48 Dec 21, 2012
Hey see what Obama has done? By executive orders should an emergency occur (defined by who...Obama) then all of your goods, water, etc. can be confiscated...includig gold and silver....like in 1933. An now Obama will take...I mean take them away and if you caught with a gun you will be in prison. So, prep all oyu want cause it will be confiscated and given to the masses...just like now! We just call it by another name...welfare!

Idiots that believe this crap are simply allowing the hucksters to take your hard earned money selling a bag of beans in a fancy pail for 100 times its real costs.....
wait one second

Hopkinsville, KY

#49 Dec 21, 2012
layla wrote:
<quoted text>You must have misunderstood what I was saying. I know there is a God also but what I was ridiculing was the fact the schools never mention God in their day to day activities.
Ah I gotcha.:) Yeah I think kids today would respect people and things a lot more if they were taught about God in schools and at home.
dashed hopes

United States

#50 Dec 21, 2012
Here i was hoping that when i woke up from my drunken coma today from last night that i would find a whole new world and this crappy site would be gone. Well i see its business as usual and the same shi tty site and people are still here. Damnit i hate reality sometimes. Oh well time to get blitzed into a com
a again! Cheers!(
Swamp Donkey

Metropolis, IL

#51 Dec 21, 2012
wait one second wrote:
<quoted text>Ah I gotcha.:) Yeah I think kids today would respect people and things a lot more if they were taught about God in schools and at home.
I agree with that!!
IsItOK

Marion, IL

#52 Dec 21, 2012
I made it.
Is anyone else still here?
Can I come outside now?
wait one second

Paducah, KY

#53 Dec 22, 2012
IsItOK wrote:
I made it.
Is anyone else still here?
Can I come outside now?
Since half the day is over on 12-22-12... I would venture a guess that you can go outside and play now.:)
steve

Herrin, IL

#54 Dec 22, 2012
It's a beautiful day. Praise God.
wow

United States

#55 Jan 2, 2013
like to hunt wrote:
<quoted text>I was sitting around last night and I couldn't get over the feeling that you have already given up. There are still some things you can do. Water will be the most valuable thing you can prep. Store it milk jugs, plastic coke bottles or you can do what I did [go to restaurants and grocery store dumpsters and get 5 gallon cooking oil containers]. I really can't express your need to arm yourself. Some sacrifices may be in order. Explain to your family that Christmas will come late this year and you go out and buy you, at least, a .22 rifle. You can pick one up, sometimes for under a $100.00, and 500 rounds of ammo is about $15.00. You can kill anything from rabbits, squirrels to deer. I really don't care if you have to sharpen a fuckin stick or keep Little Johnny's baseball bat at arms reach but you need to protect your family. Period! Get your head in the game and start storing some food and water. Pasta is a high protein (cheap) food and it can be stored even in plastic baggies. If you live in the county, get some chickens (for eggs and meat), goats or a couple of (breeding) pigs. Make it a family thing. My wife is all-in on prepping and we work together to accomplish our goals. One more thing. This may seem a little unethical but in your seed vault don't forget the marijuana seeds. No, not to smoke but you can barter that shit for guns, ammo, food, gold/silver or anything.
Nope. Didn't give up. Didn't end up needing to prepare for an end to the world either. Which is good as my wife just told me she's pregnant again. Glad I still have time to see another one grow up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metropolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Places to meet for Dogging and gay and Bisexual... (Jun '11) 29 min Always looking 119
ashley jo seets (Sep '11) 1 hr Little hottie 42
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr newpoly 1,910
Arm robbery at Big Johns? 1 hr Not funny 4
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Dick Topick 49,534
Question about fish smell at Casino. I'm in TN 9 hr question 4
Grill 21 hr looking 1
•••
•••
•••

Metropolis Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Metropolis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Metropolis News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Metropolis
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••