Bobs Bowling Alley CLOSED

Bobs Bowling Alley CLOSED

Posted in the Metropolis Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
closed

Watertown, MA

#1 Jun 15, 2013
bobs bowling alley is closed why
Spud

Marion, IL

#2 Jun 16, 2013
Will Metropolis become a Ghost Town?
Massac County Resident

Metropolis, IL

#3 Jun 16, 2013
Spud wrote:
Will Metropolis become a Ghost Town?
Metropolis already is a ghosttown, the ghost residents just can't see it.
crap

United States

#4 Jun 16, 2013
I hate to hear that I wish it could've stayed open I rember when I was a kid goin to bobs was a big deal to us sure am goin to miss it you have done a great job bob good luck w the future sura am goin to miss seein stoner there he was a part of the bowling alley to
pedestrian

Paducah, KY

#5 Jun 16, 2013
i hope somebody buys it and turns it into a Six Flags.
Worth the drive

Mount Vernon, MO

#6 Jun 16, 2013
Oh my gawd ,pedestrian I just nearly cried laughing lol I love u
sam

El Dorado Springs, MO

#7 Jun 16, 2013
This town is over run with state cops on every corner, nobody ever goes out and spends their money at local businesses or hangs out in town anymore, because of being harrased for BS and this town will dry up because of it. Period
Yep

United States

#8 Jun 16, 2013
closed wrote:
bobs bowling alley is closed why
Bob has gotten too old to run it and he has suffered a financial loss with the business as indicated by the fact that it is owned by the bank. I think a movie theater should be built there. There is plenty of parking and space for it.
hmmm

Paducah, KY

#9 Jun 17, 2013
It would be nice if whoever buys it does some updating and puts in concession stand...redo the lanes...it has potential to be a great bowling alley :)
lol

Brighton, MO

#10 Jun 17, 2013
No ones going to buy it cause there's no business in this town
Jarvis

Paducah, KY

#11 Jun 17, 2013
sam wrote:
This town is over run with state cops on every corner, nobody ever goes out and spends their money at local businesses or hangs out in town anymore, because of being harrased for BS and this town will dry up because of it. Period
People are being harassed? Funny, not once have I been questioned or stopped while being out and about in town..

Perhaps you mean people are not allowed to walk around selling meth anymore. State cops hanging about is the direct result of shitbags constantly selling drugs and being detriments to society.
Massac County Resident

Metropolis, IL

#12 Jun 17, 2013
Jarvis wrote:
<quoted text>
People are being harassed? Funny, not once have I been questioned or stopped while being out and about in town..
Perhaps you mean people are not allowed to walk around selling meth anymore. State cops hanging about is the direct result of shitbags constantly selling drugs and being detriments to society.
On this rare occassion, I agree with Jarvis.
lol

Metropolis, IL

#13 Jun 17, 2013
Jarvis wrote:
<quoted text>People are being harassed? Funny, not once have I been questioned or stopped while being out and about in town..

Perhaps you mean people are not allowed to walk around selling meth anymore. State cops hanging about is the direct result of shitbags constantly selling drugs and being detriments to society.
Yayyy Jarvis it's always the ones breaking the law complaining about be harassed funny how that works
state cop

Marion, IL

#14 Jun 17, 2013
Well maybe if everyone would quit doing drugs and breaking laws that the local policy can't handle by then selves then maybe we would quit harassing you!!!
lol

Metropolis, IL

#15 Jun 17, 2013
state cop wrote:
Well maybe if everyone would quit doing drugs and breaking laws that the local policy can't handle by then selves then maybe we would quit harassing you!!!
I hope you're not a cop with all that bad spelling.
Hahahaha

United States

#16 Jun 17, 2013
STATE COPS THERE FOR YOUR PROTECTION AND DRUGS HAHAHAHAHAA they are there for taxes that is it... such a worthless group of idiot theu are hahaha
Anonymous

United States

#17 Jun 18, 2013
I say eff the police I will be sure to give the next state boy I see lurking about a well-deserved one middle finger salute.
too bad

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jun 18, 2013
Maybe, Bowling isn't like it use to be. There were leagues every night. The kids sports took over on Saturdays and that ruined the kids league at the lanes.
Some people were bowling 3-5 times a week and then the younger generation growing up didnt bowl like mom and pop.....The next generation did more with their children and less socializing with friends at the lanes.
Bowling is good for people in the north with cold weather keeping them inside. When warm weather hits here people are ready to go outside and do other things.
The last few years the bowling business was not supporting itself. Think there were 3-4 leagues and that cant keep the lanes going.
If he would work with the Paducah Bowling Assocation instead of standing back and whining because he lost some of the women bowling tournaments. He would of been happier. He's should of compromise to get something done. Looks like he lost.....
Best thing to do with the lanes is to tear the building down and recycle it.
Told You

Paducah, KY

#19 Jun 18, 2013
I said when they hired Massey as Chief that the ISP would invade this town. He is the worse chief ever. Always wears a uniform and driving around town, making the MPD act like they are troopers. it is ridculas that this small town has a chief like him
state cop

Marion, IL

#20 Jun 18, 2013
Told You wrote:
I said when they hired Massey as Chief that the ISP would invade this town. He is the worse chief ever. Always wears a uniform and driving around town, making the MPD act like they are troopers. it is ridculas that this small town has a chief like him
Your just mad because Massey is auctally making them work and do there job unlike that piece oh sh!t they had before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metropolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Blanton & Family (Jun '12) 2 hr Knowthemwell 4
Cathy Vinyard Mitchell 3 hr Spun monkey 5
Police Raid 3 hr Spun monkey 3
Cohen Harrell? 12 hr What This ur prob 7
Judy Brewer 17 hr Jody 4
Where can I find a Metropolis Cooling Center Thu WPSD 6
Brandon Meyer's Jul 20 Watching 3

Metropolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Metropolis Mortgages