List Jan Adams Accomplishments For Pu...

List Jan Adams Accomplishments For Public Office?

Posted in the Metropolis Forum

Must Vote

Metropolis, IL

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Candidates file next week for the April election. What has she done for the city as City Clerk that warrants us supporting her with our votes?
Voter

Carbondale, IL

#2 Dec 15, 2012
Well, the new paint job after the other lady left is nice, if you like those colors for offices. And the big clock that I see when I leave in there is pretty nice, if you need to know what time it is. New decor in the office makes me only to to pay my light bill even more. In the past, my kids always like to touch the Christmas tree that sat in the corner but now it's inside where they can barely see it over the counter. And all the lovely new Christmas decorations - wow! I'm impressed.

Personally, I don't see much difference. All my bills are paid online or I pay with my debit card and the City still can't come up with a plan for that?

Just my opinion
Lineman

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Jan has done more for people and this city in 4 years than Brenda Westbrooke did in 8 years
Rumor Control

United States

#4 Dec 24, 2012
So far she is running unnopposed so it doesn't really matter what she has done does it?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 26, 2012
Today was the final date for candidates to file their paperwork to be in April's consolidated election. Jan Adams will have another term as no one else has filed for City Clerk. CONGRATULATIONS JAN!
stone

Marion, IL

#6 Jan 4, 2013
I personlly think she runs her mouth too much and wants to get to involved in your problems. It gives her more to gossip about, and it doesn't change a thing from your
She has done nothing to hold her position any more than Larry Grace.
good job

Paducah, KY

#7 Jan 5, 2013
She is super nice. Unlike Brenda and most of her staff. Its nice to walk in or call and be treated with kindness. What is the job of the City Clerk anyway? Take minutes at the council meeting??? If thats it, then I would say she is does a pretty good job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metropolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's Kim and why's her name on an overpass? 7 hr Loving freind 14
If I were a stolen bike, where would I be? 14 hr Who would of thought 10
Public servants 14 hr MePOOPOO 2
Kevin Sweeny Todd Smith Damen Troutman Johnny B... (May '12) 15 hr Purge 8
Corzine in jail? 18 hr Lone wolf 5
this is how this town works May 21 Outsiders viee 29
This is Katlyn Samantha May 21 now 6

Metropolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance