List Chuck Short's Accomplishments F...

List Chuck Short's Accomplishments For Public Office?

Posted in the Metropolis Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Just Vote

Herrin, IL

#1 Nov 25, 2012
I ask what has Chuck Short done for the city of Metropolis and should we vote for him to be in public office? County Clerk's office says that he has picked up papers to run for Mayor and Alderman against Kim Brown.
Stop Sign

Kansas City, KS

#2 Nov 25, 2012
When he was chief of police he had that useless stop sign installed at the corner of 15th and Filmore Streets. At that time he lived in the house on the same corner.

Not exactly a stellar accomplishment, more like an abuse of power.
vote chuck

Marion, IL

#3 Nov 25, 2012
Chuck Short got te shaft just ike Beth wanted im to, when her son messed up up. Plain an simple.
He has the guts to stand up an do what is right over any alderman. Includng Richard as well as Kim.
Carrie

United States

#4 Nov 25, 2012
Just Vote wrote:
I ask what has Chuck Short done for the city of Metropolis and should we vote for him to be in public office? County Clerk's office says that he has picked up papers to run for Mayor and Alderman against Kim Brown.
He's got my vote if he run's
wilma

Metropolis, IL

#5 Nov 25, 2012
wife is a nutcase
Deena

Herrin, IL

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Chuck is the most honest, hardworking person our MPD has ever had on the force. He would arrest his own Mother if she were doing wrong, which is what this town needs. I know for a fact that Chuck would never arrest anyone due to a personal vendetta. Chuck believes in right and wrong, black and white, there is no gray area for him. He's an all around good person and would do anything to help a person!
I'd vote for Chuck no matter what he was running for or against.
Carrie

United States

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Robbin s not a nutcase.She happens to be VERY NICE PERSON
as far as i know

Metropolis, IL

#8 Nov 26, 2012
as far as i know chuck short has never been in public off.other thin a police.so how can you talk about his public off.but one thing i know he would no worst then what there now.
as far as i know

Metropolis, IL

#9 Nov 26, 2012
would be no
funny

Johnston City, IL

#10 Nov 26, 2012
funny as far as I know Chuck Short has not even pulled a petition to run. So wy is someone even trying to slander and runhim down, someone with a grudge and nothing better to do,typicl topix, just one I would like to see soeone post something informational and not just a spring board for their petty grievences.
Deena

Herrin, IL

#11 Nov 26, 2012
Stop Sign wrote:
When he was chief of police he had that useless stop sign installed at the corner of 15th and Filmore Streets. At that time he lived in the house on the same corner.
Not exactly a stellar accomplishment, more like an abuse of power.
Duh ... there is a day care on the same block!
Stop Sign

Loves Park, IL

#12 Nov 27, 2012
Deena wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh ... there is a day care on the same block!
Day care exists all over Metropolis and, to my knowledge, that does not require a stop sign on every corner (you know, they don't let the kids play outside unsupervised).

The stop sign was put up solely because his house was on the corner....end of story.
Know it all

Metropolis, IL

#13 Nov 27, 2012
I've known Chuck for 30 years. He has always demonstrated professionalism; honesty; and compassion when performing his police duties. I would vote for him no matter what position he ran for.
waferboard

Paducah, KY

#14 Nov 27, 2012
for sure that useless stop sign by where he used to live
Chucky

United States

#16 Dec 18, 2012
I haven't heard anything about him running for office again. I think he's too busy with his business to have time to run for office.
Rumor Control

United States

#17 Dec 24, 2012
Chuck Short is NOT running for office in this next election according to his father.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#18 Dec 26, 2012
Rumor Control wrote:
Chuck Short is NOT running for office in this next election according to h is father.
Today was the final date for candidates to file their paperwork to be in April's consolidated election. Chuck Short is NOT running for Mayor or Alderman which makes the mayoral race a three way race which is good news. Also, David Hearn filed today for Ward 4 Alderman
Shorty

Metropolis, IL

#19 Dec 30, 2014
Chuck Short for Alderman in 2015!! A vote for Chuck Short is a vote for professionalism and integrity in City Council! Chuck Short will move Metropolis in the right direction! Payed for by The Citizens For Chuck Short In Office
Omaha

West Frankfort, IL

#20 Dec 30, 2014
Shorty wrote:
Chuck Short for Alderman in 2015!! A vote for Chuck Short is a vote for professionalism and integrity in City Council! Chuck Short will move Metropolis in the right direction! Payed for by The Citizens For Chuck Short In Office
I thought he was a cop still how con he do both jobs without having a conflict of interest?
Serpico

Dickson, TN

#21 Dec 30, 2014
Omaha wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought he was a cop still how con he do both jobs without having a conflict of interest?
He is a cop, in Karnak, so that has nothing to do with the city of Metropolis and will in no way be a conflict.half of the current Aldermen are employed so since Alderman is just a part time gig then again it causes no conflict. Short will be a good one, It is time for a change on that council.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metropolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Information Needed (Feb '15) 4 hr onceafreakalwaysa... 22
James lang 20 hr Williamlang20 16
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) 22 hr JustTheFacts 162
Tokyo spa (May '16) 23 hr It was great 26
cale? (Apr '13) Sat anotherfriend 24
Fire trucks Nov 17 Code Three 5
new gym Nov 17 generac 1

Metropolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Metropolis Mortgages