sure do miss willy jaks
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wingman

Herrin, IL

#1 Jan 25, 2012
Sure hope they get something resolved soon. Hope the owner knows how much this town not only loved and misses them but how much we need them.
yes

Sesser, IL

#2 Jan 25, 2012
:) agreed!
MissCat

Paducah, KY

#3 Jan 25, 2012
I miss Tuesday night Wings and Thursday night shrimp!!!

I imagine they will be waiting on the insurance and then decide if it's worth fixing. It was a really old building.
Hope Soon

Mount Carmel, IL

#4 Jan 26, 2012
I Hope they reopen soon to Just not the same without them
intheknow

United States

#5 Jan 26, 2012
It has been condemned.
MissCat

Paducah, KY

#6 Jan 26, 2012
intheknow wrote:
It has been condemned.
Really? I just talked to Chris at Yesterday's and she said they didn't know yet. Maybe they found out :( This sucks! I hope they open up in another building.
truth

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 26, 2012
It is not reopening. Was told today. Kinda upsetting
Maybe

Mount Carmel, IL

#8 Jan 29, 2012
Maybe They will Give it to Larry Ward
Grim Reaper

United States

#9 Jan 29, 2012
Poor Willy Jaks You were already dying a slow death and have been since Tailgators opened. Your place was pathetically empty on the weekends. Things have not been booming there for quite some time. At least you are now put out of your misery at last. R.I.P. Willy Jaks
MissCat

Paducah, KY

#10 Jan 30, 2012
Grim Reaper wrote:
Poor Willy Jaks You were already dying a slow death and have been since Tailgators opened. Your place was pathetically empty on the weekends. Things have not been booming there for quite some time. At least you are now put out of your misery at last. R.I.P. Willy Jaks
Did that make you feel better? You must have little man syndrome!!! No one cares what you have to say!!!
Not Nice

Nashville, TN

#11 Jan 30, 2012
Grim Reaper wrote:
That's no fair or nice at all to say. I know Kim & JL would not agree with that comment at all. I know I have heard Kim say this a thousand times to people especially since Willy Jaks had to close (temporarily).... You need more than one business in Metropolis that people can hop back & forth to. Losing a strong business like Willy Jaks (even if you think they didnt have a night life) hurts the entire business.
Big elwood

Herrin, IL

#12 Jan 31, 2012
So many people still lost without it.
missing it

Marion, IL

#13 Feb 2, 2012
always had best time there! I really hope they reopen!
an opinion

United States

#14 Feb 2, 2012
For all those who are wanting Willy Jaks to reopen...Instead of being so disappointed that it may not, start a fundraiser or something to help cover what the insurance will not. Help Re-open Willy Jaks, i am sure the owners will put more effort into getting it opened if the people would show they really want it to re-open instead of just posting it on topix and not doing anything about it....
again

United States

#15 Feb 2, 2012
an opinion wrote:
For all those who are wanting Willy Jaks to reopen...Instead of being so disappointed that it may not, start a fundraiser or something to help cover what the insurance will not. Help Re-open Willy Jaks, i am sure the owners will put more effort into getting it opened if the people would show they really want it to re-open instead of just posting it on topix and not doing anything about it....
It wouldnt do any good considering they have decided to not reopen!
an opinion to again

United States

#16 Feb 2, 2012
Alot of people has changed their minds before, maybe if everyone comes together, and shows them how much the place meant to them and even contributed money to re-opening...maybe they will reconsider.... Who knows, I personall do not know them, so I cant say if they would or wouldnt....
save the willy jaks

Herrin, IL

#17 Feb 2, 2012
Probably be another hopeless cause. But so many people would love to relive their memories of another metropolis mainstay, others are just devasted of the loss of a decent place to eat lunch or dinner.
other places

Nashville, TN

#18 Feb 3, 2012
there are other places to eat in Metro other than Willy Jaks and no one offered to save any other failing business so why Willy Jaks... if they were so great & popular they should have plenty of funds avail in their own pockets & insurance policy to cover rebuilding... no one said they have to build another 2 story building like the one that burned -- half of that building is still good & the kitchen stuff is still good - they could save alot of what is in there if they would board up windows, etc rather than let the elements ruin it all.
Ghost of Cat McBride

Taylors, SC

#19 Feb 3, 2012
I dont care I can drink anywhere
Rastus88

United States

#20 Feb 9, 2012
If you want a rat turd sandwich you can go and make one at most any dumpster in town. Then go to the liquor store and buy yourself some cheap beer. Open up the can and let it sit in the sun for three or four days. Then take your rat turd sandwich and your beer and have yourself a true "Willy-Jaks" type of party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metropolis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patriot Basketball on Radio 8 hr StepItUp 1
Arlen castenado 8 hr Timothy 3
samantha norwood 9 hr FedUp 5
Daniel austin 15 hr Some who knows 4
Massac Co. Football 17 hr Frowning 20
Y.M.C. What comes next? 19 hr Acronymphomania 1
The Stratemeyer brothers 21 hr Real facts 7

Metropolis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance