Police: Dracut man tried to murder wife

Police: Dracut man tried to murder wife

There are 119 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Mar 18, 2009, titled Police: Dracut man tried to murder wife. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

As his two young children cried hysterically and begged him to stop, Kevin Rogers repeatedly stabbed his 38-year-old wife with a household butcher knife a week after she filed for divorce, according to police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

someone who knows

Salem, MA

#28 Mar 18, 2009
Lisa Redmond is all about writing a story. She doesn't care who she hurts or if the story is going to sell she will write anything just to sell her story.
wow

Hathorne, MA

#29 Mar 19, 2009
A bad decision is not repeatedly stabbing another person in front of 2 young children. He could have walked away. I could honestly careless about him.

Those poor children will need years of therapy to deal with what they have seen.

If she stabbed him 10 years ago, why did he stay with her? Guess that was his only bad decision.

If I were ever in this situation, which I would never stab another, I would expect them to say I am the scum of the earth!!!
Person

Lowell, MA

#30 Mar 19, 2009
I'm guessing that the cops more than likely kicked the door in so there needed to be a new lock put into place, since she is in the hospital and couldn't do it the family went over to secure the home. If she wasn't legally seperated she still has a right to the home. I'm sure she's not thinking about that at this very moment, I would think she would be more concerned for herself and her children and is probabley in shock over the whole situation.
someone who knows more

Salem, NH

#31 Mar 19, 2009
someone who knows wrote:
Have none of you have ever made a bad decision in your lives. Maybe the family understands she moved out a month ago. maybe the family understands the best thing is to sell the house that he owned by himself to give as much money to their children as possible. I remember them from when they lived in East Boston. She was the girl that stabbed him 10 years ago. According to her he never touch until that tragic day. Yet he without sin cast the first stone. Any takers now. Words hurt. This is a horrible thing. No matter what you feel let these families heal. Tomorrow it could be you in this situation. What would you want them to say about you?
Are you seriously chalking this up to a 'bad decision'? Are YOU in your right mind?
If they are selling the house for money to give to the 'family' they better start with the kids and their mom, who can't work because of all the wounds he inflicted on her and can't collect child support because the son of bitch is behind bars.
I hope he never sees the light of day.
leah

Salem, NH

#32 Mar 19, 2009
sue wrote:
well his family was there changing the locks today....what is up with that, she should have the house and what about the children's stuff....I hope the dracut cops, go and knock down the door for her!!!
I'm sure the Dracut Police will work with her so she can get the childrens belongings. I wonder if they cleaned up the crime scene while they were there
leah

Salem, NH

#33 Mar 19, 2009
sue wrote:
he was an alcholic, she did nothing wrong and even if she did, there is no need for this, i hope he never sees the light or day, or bring back the death pelanty for this, he was caught red handed!!!
image what the children are going thru now, they will never be the same and I hope his family doesn't get them either, they don't deserve to have the children. Let DSS give them to a good family
His family will not get the children and DSS won't be sending them anywhere. Denise is on the mend, she has a strong support system to help her and the kids pull through this.
someone who cares

Lawrence, MA

#34 Mar 19, 2009
she doesn't live at that house. She has had another residence for sometime. Speculating on this or that doesn't help anyone. The fact is it is a tragedy. If you didn't know this family personally you should keep you thoughts to yourself. I pray for the kids, I pray for her, I pray for him, and I pray for both families. That should be the only message that is published form now on.
No Names Please

Francestown, NH

#35 Mar 19, 2009
I'm truly surprised the childrens named were mentioned. I feel badly for them and what they will have to endure. A lesson to all: know who you are marrying. People do not change when they marry. Once a loser; always a loser. I wish the best for the Mom and especially for her kids. Maybe a move to somewhere out of this area is the best thing she can do to restart her life and the life of her kids.
in the know

Chelmsford, MA

#36 Mar 19, 2009
The house is close to foreclosure. If this happens what little equity will be lossed.one of his siblings who is just as disgusted for what happened is using his own money to try and save the house in order to try and sell it. By doing that the kids will get what little there is.Really sounds like awful people to me... NOT!!!!! hopefully they do not know of this blog because if they don't save the house there will be nothing!!!The family is suffering greatly they did not commit the crime so please stop your public flogging of them.
Family

Waltham, MA

#37 Mar 19, 2009
You are a product of your own environment.
prayers

Lowell, MA

#38 Mar 19, 2009
I just hope the children have been kept from this paper and are being taken care of while their mother is healing.
If I were the mother I would never want my children in that house again. I would want them to demo it and sell the lot.
leah

Salem, NH

#39 Mar 19, 2009
in the know wrote:
The family is suffering greatly they did not commit the crime so please stop your public flogging of them.
Are you kidding me? Have you seen Denise? The bruises, the stab wounds, the stitches? Let's talk about her suffering? And how about the kids? Are you up for that? Did you see the fear and confusion in their eyes?
Will his family really give the money from the house to the kids, or will they use it to try to free a clearly guilty man?
Kevin should rot in hell for what he's done, I can't even bring myself to pray that God have mercy on his soul.
Get a Clue

Lowell, MA

#40 Mar 19, 2009
Is this guy, Kevin Rogers, originally from Billerica?
Jane Doe

Dracut, MA

#41 Mar 19, 2009
Safron wrote:
We need to find out what she did to provoke him.
Are you kidding me? Your a bigger scumbag than this guy!
Jane Doe

Dracut, MA

#42 Mar 19, 2009
Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering that myself.
Awesome! Ya keep the violence going, you bastard.
cape cod

Long Island City, NY

#43 Mar 19, 2009
sue wrote:
he was an alcholic, she did nothing wrong and even if she did, there is no need for this, i hope he never sees the light or day, or bring back the death pelanty for this, he was caught red handed!!!
image what the children are going thru now, they will never be the same and I hope his family doesn't get them either, they don't deserve to have the children. Let DSS give them to a good family
You don't know what the hell your talking about - DSS - you frigging liberal...those kids belong with their family.
whatever

Dracut, MA

#44 Mar 19, 2009
glad she is doing well and the kids will soon be with there mom, and heal emotional together as a family. He can rot in hell with no mercy!! His family, didn't do the crime they have no control of the guy and since the door was not kicked in the locks could have stayed the same. and if she did stab him 10 years ago, and he stay, that is his falt, no one should be stabbed 9 times, that is not a bad decision. filing for divorce is not a reason to stab someone, she was trying to move on and have a better life for herself and kids, domestic abuse both emotional & physical is hard, and they beat them down and make them feel that no one will want them and they keep going back, good for her to stop the cycle!!
Dude

Boston, MA

#45 Mar 19, 2009
Get a Clue wrote:
Is this guy, Kevin Rogers, originally from Billerica?
yes
Awesome

Chelmsford, MA

#46 Mar 19, 2009
Jane Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome! Ya keep the violence going, you ****.
Let this be a lesson to you as well. leave in peace. It is terrible crime he committed.
Awesome

Chelmsford, MA

#47 Mar 19, 2009
Wow she stabbed him before . Lets have kids and a family. Sound like some mental issues going on with the both them. I guess he holds a grudge 10 years worth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Methuen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay meet up (May '13) Jun 28 youngteen59 22
News Neighbors complain about firing range noise (Sep '10) Jun 20 Hatehudsonfarm 29
Maz Jun 20 MazaHas 16
mazmatrix (Jun '08) Jun 20 MazaHas 756
News Ten charged in Lowell gang raids; weapons, drug... (Jul '08) May '15 MazaHas 667
LiFe span May '15 MazaHas 4
News Lowell man gets life for city murder (Mar '09) May '15 Killuminati 29
More from around the web

Methuen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Methuen Mortgages