Robert

Pearl, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2007

Indian with arrow buffalo .. abt 1908. Only one know to exist.
cosycat

Osoyoos, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

Robert wrote:
Indian with arrow buffalo .. abt 1908. Only one know to exist.
Hi there, I believe I have the same plate as you...indian riding horse plate. Was wondering if a pic of yours can be sent to me? I will do the same. I have been looking for info about the plate, but no luck so far..but I do believe it is the same one and hopefully of some value.
thank you cosycat Canada
cosycat

Osoyoos, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Hello Robert,
Indian with arrow buffalo ...I really do believe I have the same plate. Was given to my father by his mother and now belongs to me.I do not want to interfer with the sale of yours. I am wondering where I can find some info on the plate? If you have some you would share, I will send you my address. I will check back to see if you have commented before leaving my e-mail.
thank you cosycat canada
Mike

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2009

I have a Musterschutz JM 5899 Porcelain wallplaque presented to my Grandfather for sculling at Southport in 1893 it is of a bar scene.
Would anyone have information about its origin and possible value.
mike s

Palmyra, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

I have a similar one. JM 5707 also a bar scene. Did you find any info on your piece?
Mike Wolstenholme

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

mike s wrote:
I have a similar one. JM 5707 also a bar scene. Did you find any info on your piece?
Negative no info atall.
Rich Stockwell

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

The JM stand for the Johann Maresch factory. Now that you have the name, you will be able to find more information about this German manufacturer.
cosycat

Wainwright, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2009

Hello Mike's
Check out the website Whats It Worth you
may find more infor and can inquire about your iteam. Good luck cosycat Canada
Alison

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

I have a plate with a rider on a horse as well. The rider appears to be from the middle east on an black arabian. I believe the plate number is 5783. Does anyone have any idea how much something like this might be worth?
Judy SC

Bluffton, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

I have a large plate in relief showing 3 robed "brothers" sitting at a table with their steins.
#5281. Looking for more info, thanks for the leads.
Louise

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2010

Mike wrote:
I have a Musterschutz JM 5899 Porcelain wallplaque presented to my Grandfather for sculling at Southport in 1893 it is of a bar scene.
Would anyone have information about its origin and possible value.
Mike. We have a similar plaque No. 5282 also a bar scene. Two guys leaning on a keg. We have no info except it also belonged to our Southport family now deceased.
Louise

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2011

We have a Musterschultz plaque #5282 of two guys sitting on beer kegs. Would you know anything about that one,??
james

Abbotsford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

i have a JM. Munsterschutz No 5306 plate. Napoleon at a table across from a woman.
mike

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

i have a plate from Munsterschutz its from germany it has 3 people sitting in a tavern,it has the i guess you would call it the 3d effect,the number on the plate is 5269,it was a wedding gift to my grandmother n father from an uncle of mine who was a duke in Germany during the austria wars. Could anyone tell me the value of this plate,it is in mint condition my email is m49312jlm@yahoo.com
Morgan

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Hello. I also am interested in getting a munsterschultz 5306 valued or known the rarity of the piece.

Bcgrowers@gmail.com
Antique Phil

Grimsby, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Mustershutz simply means "Registered Design" in german.
The JM mark (for Johann Maresch, the owner) was used by the Baehr and Maresch factory in Aussig an der Elbe from the early 1860s.
They were most famous for producing garden gnomes, but also produced a range of other ironstone decorative (e.g. plaques and sculptures), drinking (e.g. steins) and smoking (e.g. tobacco jar) products from the local ironstone clay.
Their decorative product exports were at their peak in the twenty-year period after 1890 when Ferdinand Maresch took over the reins of the business, declining as the First World War approached, although the factory continued in production until after the Second World War in the town (which had by then become the Czech town of Ústí nad Labem).
Very early JM gnomes and sculptures are consistently in high demand by collectors, but other products are influenced more by the popularity of the type of product and its age (e.g. stein, tobacco jar, wall plaque, etc) rather than the JM brand and values reflect this.
David

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

I have a complete Musterschutz tea set #4716 for six in yellow with black handles on tea pot and cups. I would appreciate any information on this item.
Donna

Grimsby, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

Iron plaque 5562

Wondering if any value
Second helmet

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

I have a wall piece too. JM, with the o and -> on top right side of 0,#5846 under that. Any info please contact me at mrharley292@yahoo.com
Mike T

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

I have a JM Mustershutz-Bar scene- 5303 handed down from family ( 3D or Huge Relief Wall Plaque) - Unknown Value or Collector interest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Metairie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Metairie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Metairie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Metairie