Mesquite, Terrell and Forney ask DART...

Mesquite, Terrell and Forney ask DART to explore service

There are 34 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Sep 13, 2008, titled Mesquite, Terrell and Forney ask DART to explore service. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

High gasoline prices and crowded roads are prompting three non-DART member cities to ask the agency to explore transit options for them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
please

United States

#1 Sep 16, 2008
We need Dart in Mesquite!! Please let us get some relief.
Forney

Forney, TX

#2 Oct 10, 2008
We need Dart here in forney for the ones who have to drive across to North Dallas, or some kind of transit.
ibelieve2

Terrell, TX

#3 Jan 21, 2009
Are you guys CRAZY...with Dart comes alot of unwanted trouble to your nice quiet cities.
dallasjj

Irving, TX

#4 Jan 26, 2009
Yes we need bus service in the Mesquite area
Can't be more trouble in the city than we already have
Ahole

Rockwall, TX

#5 Mar 2, 2009
Mesquite needs DART as soon as possible! All ghetto ares need public transportation!
TnT

United States

#6 Mar 2, 2009
ibelieve2 wrote:
Are you guys CRAZY...with Dart comes alot of unwanted trouble to your nice quiet cities.
Sounds good. Look at the park n rides in Plano. Arrive early because the parking lot is full by 730 am.
resident

Duncanville, TX

#7 Mar 5, 2009
Fact. Public transportation equals increased crime. Ask Garland, Plano, Carrollton, Arlington.
Rep

Richardson, TX

#8 Mar 5, 2009
I try not to be a homophobe but the gang guys with their pants down to show off their butts are creeping me out. Dart really needs to hire guards for after dark.
Yabba dabba doo

Dallas, TX

#9 Mar 5, 2009
Anywhere DART goes trouble and ghetto trash follow.
it is time

United States

#10 Mar 7, 2009
No matter how bad you think it will get it is still needed. We have people stuck in these little cities that cant get out. I don't think Mesquite can get any worst. Drive down 80 and 30 check out some of those hotels they are drug infested. Why cant the police clean them up? I have been on church missions
and they are really really bad. Kids running around while the parents are locked up tight in those rooms. It is very sad.(YES right here in your little town.)
lac

United States

#11 Mar 7, 2009
It was worse in the 80's along 80 and 30 in Mesquite, if you can believe that. Mesquite took a lot of heat for catering to lowlifes and delinquents by allowing so many cheap ass motels run by slum lords to operate in such a confined area. Night and day difference.
it is time

United States

#12 Mar 8, 2009
I dont think it is cleaned up any. I know that some famlies must stay there because of money issues however the police should really do something about the drugs that are there. I also know people with drug problems must live somewhere. But if the police would just make a present maybe some of the drug addicts would really clean up and can become free.
lac wrote:
It was worse in the 80's along 80 and 30 in Mesquite, if you can believe that. Mesquite took a lot of heat for catering to lowlifes and delinquents by allowing so many cheap ass motels run by slum lords to operate in such a confined area. Night and day difference.
lac

United States

#13 Mar 8, 2009
it is time wrote:
I dont think it is cleaned up any. I know that some famlies must stay there because of money issues however the police should really do something about the drugs that are there. I also know people with drug problems must live somewhere. But if the police would just make a present maybe some of the drug addicts would really clean up and can become free.
<quoted text>
not a night and day difference, that was a typo on my part. That area still looks like trash and has plenty of homeless drunks but in the 80's it attracted followers of crack.
it is time

United States

#14 Mar 10, 2009
still does !
lac wrote:
<quoted text>
not a night and day difference, that was a typo on my part. That area still looks like trash and has plenty of homeless drunks but in the 80's it attracted followers of crack.
lac

United States

#15 Mar 13, 2009
Ah but not like it was in the 80's. I don't have the numbers but I would bet that zip code probably had upwsrd of 100 murders in it's bloodiest year.

Still though that is why Mesquite does not have Dart. Because of that very area. That would basically give the rip raff cheap transportation to all parts where Dart runs. Mesquite doesn't feel like contributing to increased crime Downtown. If Forney had Dart then they would pass right by Mesquite.
mesquite

Irving, TX

#16 Mar 15, 2009
I came to Dallas in 1950 Dallas had bus service so what is the difference with Mesquite having it sure would help people tht don;t drive
Come on now crime is every where not just beccause of bus service Yes we need the bus service
Jaynes of Mesquite
bto

United States

#17 Mar 15, 2009
mesquite wrote:
Come on now crime is every where not just beccause of bus service Yes we need the bus service
Jaynes of Mesquite
lac wrote:
Mesquite does not have Dart. Because of that very area. That would basically give the rip raff cheap transportation to all parts where Dart runs. Mesquite doesn't feel like contributing to increased crime Downtown. If Forney had Dart then they would pass right by Mesquite.
good points from sides.
jbs173

United States

#18 Mar 28, 2009
Does anyone really think that the serious criminal element that most people might be afraid of (or should profess to be, assuming that one is not afraid of every non-wasp that they encounter) relys on public transportation? When was the last time you heard of anyone using a bus or train as a getaway vehicle? Any serious criminal element has wheels. Anyone who would think that any serious criminal element would rely on (much less would want to rely on) public transportation clearly never has used public transportation.

Now if it is racially motivated, not having public transportation serving a given area will keep those numbers better in check. The arguments that with public transportation comes higher crime rates are laughable at best & have a racial undertone at worst.
Rep

Richardson, TX

#19 Mar 28, 2009
I ride the train and bus everyday and the crime element is a factor. Just take a ride after dark. It's not a race thing because all races are present and accounted for...especially with the new economy. I grew up in Mesquite and there were gangs and drugs in the 60's. I would be wary traveling out there on public transit...just like in Garland. Take a gun, knife and pepper spray.
Taco

United States

#20 Mar 28, 2009
jbs173 wrote:
Any serious criminal element has wheels. Anyone who would think that any serious criminal element would rely on (much less would want to rely on) public transportation clearly never has used public transportation.
Sure there's a difference between hopping the light rail at 645 am and riding it downtown to work as opposed to say a Greyhound bus. Have you ever been to a Greyhound station ??? Those are the people that rely on public transportation. Also the same ones who rely on buses to "get around town." The mentally ill, people who like to prick strangers with sewing needles, pick pockets, meth users, and the rest of the dregs of society. If mass public transportation was widely available it would be different but it isn't so like Rep said, bring your weapons because you might need them. The New York and Chicago subways have their share of criminal element but they also have LEO's dedicated solely to mass transit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesquite Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
michael baisden show/ callers (Dec '09) 5 hr Don 17
News Guess what Texas city was just named 2nd best p... 10 hr Bill Coonsby 1
Cowboys need less Thugs Mon Sqieke 1
Any good massages around town Mon Out of towner 1
News Statue of Gen. Robert E. Lee removed from Dalla... Sun Sqieke 3
Review: Black Bull Towing (Apr '15) Aug '17 LeroyR 13
News FedEx warehouse on former Old Town site symboli... Jul '17 JDC 1

Mesquite Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance