Your view: Letters to the editor (Oct...

Your view: Letters to the editor (Oct. 11)

There are 21 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Oct 12, 2009, titled Your view: Letters to the editor (Oct. 11). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

School community partnerships strengthen forces to accomplish common goals. During the 2008-09 school year, Mesilla Park Elementary experienced amazing synergy from its staff, students, parents, LCPS personnel and community members.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Last chance

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Oct 12, 2009
A "crescendo of atmospheric scientists"; a "plethora of coal"?

Sounds like a bevy of illiteracy to me.

No one who follows what the scientific community has to say about global warming can doubt for a moment that it is already begun, and it will get much, much worse in the future if we fail to act. Fabricated statistics and outright lies are not going to help, no matter how comforting Mr. Murray finds them.
jimbob

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Oct 12, 2009
Last chance wrote:
A "crescendo of atmospheric scientists"; a "plethora of coal"?
Sounds like a bevy of illiteracy to me.
No one who follows what the scientific community has to say about global warming can doubt for a moment that it is already begun, and it will get much, much worse in the future if we fail to act. Fabricated statistics and outright lies are not going to help, no matter how comforting Mr. Murray finds them.
There's an old saying about opinions that you should be aware of!
Last chance

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Oct 12, 2009
jimbob wrote:
<quoted text>There's an old saying about opinions that you should be aware of!
Hmmm..., is that your opinion? Or, are you just an ....
jimbob

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Oct 12, 2009
Last chance wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm..., is that your opinion? Or, are you just an ....
Just alerting you to the fact that your view is just an opinion and nothing more.
Deacon Blues

Farmington, NM

#5 Oct 12, 2009
jimbob wrote:
<quoted text>Just alerting you to the fact that your view is just an opinion and nothing more.
99.9 percent of the comments in these forums are opinions, including this one.
jimbob

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 12, 2009
Deacon Blues wrote:
<quoted text>
99.9 percent of the comments in these forums are opinions, including this one.
Are you saying the comments are only opinions and NOT fabricated statistics and outright lies? Who woulda ever thunk that?
Last chance

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Oct 12, 2009
jimbob wrote:
<quoted text>Are you saying the comments are only opinions and NOT fabricated statistics and outright lies? Who woulda ever thunk that?
jimbob, if you don't know that some opinions are fabricated statistics and outright lies, then you are the most trusting person on earth.

I'd suggest you learn the difference between a defensible position and something that is "just" an opinion.

P.S. I'd also lose the hayseed handle "jimbob," but that really is just my opinion.
jimbob

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Oct 12, 2009
Last chance wrote:
<quoted text>
jimbob, if you don't know that some opinions are fabricated statistics and outright lies, then you are the most trusting person on earth.
I'd suggest you learn the difference between a defensible position and something that is "just" an opinion.
P.S. I'd also lose the hayseed handle "jimbob," but that really is just my opinion.
Thanks for the advice! Some advice for you would be to STFU when you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. There is very little consensus in the scientific community about AGW. Claiming otherwise is just your opinion. So stick to things you understand like name change suggestions.
dacc psycho

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Oct 12, 2009
Where is Doc's letter? The paper is denying jimbob his chance to call him a lying hypcrite.
Pen Pal

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Oct 12, 2009
GABRIELA RODRIGUEZ--a great letter. I admire your forthrightness about the bind that so many leaders of your party have put you in. Write them as well as us.
jimbob

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Oct 12, 2009
dacc psycho wrote:
Where is Doc's letter? The paper is denying jimbob his chance to call him a lying hypcrite.
You need to get help with your spelling from Doc.
Last chance

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Oct 13, 2009
jimbob wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the advice! Some advice for you would be to STFU when you don't have a clue about what you are talking about. There is very little consensus in the scientific community about AGW. Claiming otherwise is just your opinion. So stick to things you understand like name change suggestions.
There is huge consensus in the scientific community. The nutballs who disagree are in the same class as people who believe we didn't land on the moon. It's an opinion, but ill informed and unsupportable.

Everyone has an opinion. But not all are of equal weight. I think I'll go with the opinion that has the support of the scientific community rather than a couple of crackpots who just want to sell books to the gullible.

jimbob

Las Cruces, NM

#13 Oct 13, 2009
Last chance wrote:
<quoted text>
There is huge consensus in the scientific community. The nutballs who disagree are in the same class as people who believe we didn't land on the moon. It's an opinion, but ill informed and unsupportable.
Everyone has an opinion. But not all are of equal weight. I think I'll go with the opinion that has the support of the scientific community rather than a couple of crackpots who just want to sell books to the gullible.
Keep saying there is a consensus! Maybe you can convince yourself that there is one.The biggest crackpot of all is Owl Gore, aka the inventor of the internet.
Last chance

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Oct 13, 2009
jimbob, you really haven't got a clue, have you. The only global warming deniers are just a few fringe types like yourself. Sure, you are vocal, but you are also alone.

Trying to dismiss actual science with phony stuff funded by industry and dismissive statements like "well, that's just your opinion" isn't going to prevent anyone from moving on global warming because, unlike you, they can evaluate the evidence.

Under Bush, you crackpots had your way, but those days are gone. You really should go do something more productive. Why don't you go check on your fuhrer flag.

Since: Jul 09

Las Cruces NM

#15 Oct 13, 2009
3100 scientist sign petition opposing man made global warming. There is a line to be drawn between the question of is there global warming and is man causing it?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/205...
jimbob

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Oct 13, 2009
Last chance wrote:
jimbob, you really haven't got a clue, have you. The only global warming deniers are just a few fringe types like yourself. Sure, you are vocal, but you are also alone.
Trying to dismiss actual science with phony stuff funded by industry and dismissive statements like "well, that's just your opinion" isn't going to prevent anyone from moving on global warming because, unlike you, they can evaluate the evidence.
Under Bush, you crackpots had your way, but those days are gone. You really should go do something more productive. Why don't you go check on your fuhrer flag.
Take some time and do some research on your "consensus BS" and you will find that you are the clueless one. Just how much evidence have you evaluated? Or might you just be reciting the Owl Gore gospel over and over?
Ray D

United States

#17 Oct 16, 2009
jimbob wrote:
<quoted text>Take some time and do some research on your "consensus BS" and you will find that you are the clueless one. Just how much evidence have you evaluated? Or might you just be reciting the Owl Gore gospel over and over?
Hey, Jimbob, where do I sign up to be a member of the Flat Earth Society?
taxpayerlc

Woodland Hills, CA

#18 Oct 16, 2009
I noticed not one fact from the owl Bore people refuting the article I cited..just nothing more then more fear mongering from the brainwashed left.
jimbob

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Oct 16, 2009
Ray D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Jimbob, where do I sign up to be a member of the Flat Earth Society?
FYI, there is no clear consensus that the earth is round. Kansas would be a logical choice for the Flat Earth Society, but check with Owl Bore and Last Chance if you want a clear consensus.
jimbob

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Oct 16, 2009
Last chance wrote:
<quoted text>
"*The Department of Physics Colloquium Series Presents:*

*Recent Arctic Warming: Carbon Dioxide or Multi-Decadal Climate Variability?*

Dr. Petr Chylek
Remote Sensing Team Leader
Space and Remote Sensing Los Alamos National Laborator

*Increasing strength of Atlantic hurricanes, disappearance of Arctic sea ice, melting of the Greenland ice sheet, six meters of flooding the coastal cities; are these impending climate catastrophes supported by observations,
or are they just results of imperfect climate modeling and the imagination of overeager climate politicians? I will present recent analysis of North Atlantic hurricane activities to show that there is no justification for claims that hurricane intensity or numbers have increased with increasing atmospheric concentration of CO2. Similarly, Greenland temperatures in the 1930s and 1940s were as high as they are today, and the rate of temperature increase in the 1930s was higher than the rate of recent increase. Finally,
I will argue that the current warming of the Arctic region is affected by a decreasing concentration of atmospheric aerosols and multi-decadal climate variability more than by an increasing concentration of carbon dioxide. Thus
we may spend hundreds of billions of dollars on curbing CO2 emissions without having a noticeable effect on the ongoing climate change."

Thanks to Atmospheric Scientist for the above info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesilla Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lcpd no confidence vote Sat Bloodonhishands 1
News Woman suspected of stealing $20K from booster club Aug 18 Bloodonhishands 2
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Aug 6 Your worst one 221
News 'Life was cut short' for drive-by shooting victim Aug 6 Bloodonhishands 2
News 1 dead after drive-by shooting in Las Cruces Jul 31 MurderNearNMSU 1
News Man suspected of threatening deputy Jul 30 James 1
News Joshua Ray Garcia pleads guilty to rape charges (Oct '08) Jul 27 Veahmay04 5

Mesilla Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesilla Park Mortgages