Sound Off (Aug. 14)

There are 47 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 14, 2010, titled Sound Off (Aug. 14). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

A definite no to extended term limits on all elected county officers. The informed voting public should decide the number of terms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Republican Latina

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Aug 14, 2010
PlacitasRoy wrote:
"the mosque leader has already been quoted as saying it was the US's fault for 9/11"
Along with billions of people around the world. It as a bitch when imperialism came back to bite US on the but.
You are really WARPED in your thinking!!
lcnative

Buckeye, AZ

#22 Aug 14, 2010
"The more appropriate names for the lion statues in front of the Las Cruces City Hall would be Tax and Spend."

PERFECT!!!!!! Petition it and i'll sign it!!!
Anonymous

Santa Fe, NM

#23 Aug 14, 2010
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the "National Day of Prayer." and it is notthe President's dinner to give. It has been hijacked by right-wing evangelicals.
I was pleased to see the President skip Dobson's manufactured photo op. Why in the hell should the President of the United States promote a fund raiser propaganda opportunity for a bunch of rapture-right, Christo-nazis homophobic bigots who preach Christan nationalism?
I really don't see the difference between handing over control of your life to an omnipitent magic-man or to the omnipitent state.

Obama, Dobson - anti-liberty peas in a pod who prefer different brands of slavery.

(free will and omnipitence can't exist in the same universe, I just choose to do something that wasn't pre-ordained.*poof* Marx's Geist and Moses' god just evaporated into the ether. That was easy.)
lcnative

Buckeye, AZ

#24 Aug 14, 2010
He hosts the dinners for fatcats everyday rather than annually. And no, that's not better. He's turning into a huge embarrasment to Americans and i'm very thankful that I didn't vote for him. My opinion is that his latest move with approving of muslims (ragheads, and i'm not sorry to say that) building their b.s. building at the 911 site is going to be his biggest downfall.
Watchdog1 wrote:
<quoted text>Acually he did just that,last year,on all counts. So what? It's better then hosting dinners for fatcats,and the such.
Notsofast

United States

#25 Aug 14, 2010
I guess the you-wash-my-back, I-wash-your-back is alive and well in the Susana Martinez regime. What will happen with a $600,000 donation?

Pollution, followed by taxpayer funded cleanups. Privatized profits-middle class losses.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Aug 14, 2010
not an ese wrote:
"Along with billions of people around the world. It as a bitch when imperialism came back to bite US on the but. " writes placitas roy
horale so you condone the attack of 9/11..???? te watcho
How does one jump from a flat out statement of FACT to some absurd, illogical, ignorant, and erroneous conclusions?

Albuquerque, NM

#27 Aug 14, 2010
Republican Latina wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really WARPED in your thinking!!
Truth is real bitch to the mentally stunted.
LCV

AOL

#28 Aug 14, 2010
not an ese wrote:
"Along with billions of people around the world. It as a bitch when imperialism came back to bite US on the but. " writes placitas roy
horale so you condone the attack of 9/11..???? te watcho
I'll tell you what to watch out for. Moslems buying buildings around the country. Setting up 2-3 megaton bombs which devastate the area completely. Ten cities are being scanned for just this type of danger right now. Nobody comes out alive, imperialist or not.

A Muslim mosque in NYC a nice place to hide a nuke?
LCV

AOL

#30 Aug 14, 2010
LCV wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you what to watch out for. Moslems buying buildings around the country. Setting up 2-3 megaton bombs which devastate the area completely. Ten cities are being scanned for just this type of danger right now. Nobody comes out alive, imperialist or not.
A Muslim mosque in NYC a nice place to hide a nuke?
Even DAC has a large truck detecting bomb making materials. Saw it used on west side of DAC. It may be a Homeland Security gift. Does anybody know?
Allen

Las Cruces, NM

#31 Aug 14, 2010
not an ese wrote:
horale....well it seems that placitas roy has had too much candy today.....personally i dont give a rats tail what religion you believe in or wether you dont believe it is up to you sabes and you are the one who has to meet his/her maker. but i do think the presidente is way off on this, the mosque leader has already been quoted as saying it was the US's fault for 9/11 so by building a mega mosque on or close to the sight he is simply throwing it in the faces of americans that he and his religion dont care what happened to the victims of the twin towers. if we wanted to build a church or synagoue in fallujah where many of our young soldiers and marines gave thier all would we be allowed to do that..???????? es todo te watcho
Our soldiers will fight and die for our freedom as Americans to worship any way we please. The fact that we let anyone do that is what sets us apart from most other countries. Do you want this country to become like theirs just because they don't do everything we do? I think it is far better that we do what they won't do and show them by example. The big lie they spread over there is the U.S. hates muslims. Don't help prove them right.
David in Las Cruces

Ashburn, VA

#32 Aug 14, 2010
"I am from New York. I lost a lot of friends in 9-11, but I have no problem with them building a mosque in that area. We can't go through our lives blaming a whole group of people for what a handful did."

I wonder if your friends would feel the same way if it had been you that died and not them?

This mosque may be blown up as soon as it is built by few Americans that want to send a message. You couldn't blame a whole country for what a handful of citizens did, now could you? You, Mayor(choke) Bloomberg, and President Obama would definitely call it a hate crime as if 9/11 wasn't a hate crime.

This mosque is a slap in the face of all Americans and is financially backed by American-hating muslim groups!
LC Today

AOL

#33 Aug 14, 2010
"Some of these right-wingers keep spouting off about wanting the country to return to what our Founding Fathers had. Does that mean slavery? Does that mean women could not vote?"

When you ask stupid questions like yours, then we know that we can dismiss you as an idi*t!
LC Today

AOL

#34 Aug 14, 2010
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is real bitch to the mentally stunted.
Hey, Roy........I am so glad you've finally realized that you are a mental midget!

Albuquerque, NM

#35 Aug 14, 2010
LC Today wrote:
"Some of these right-wingers keep spouting off about wanting the country to return to what our Founding Fathers had. Does that mean slavery? Does that mean women could not vote?"
When you ask stupid questions like yours, then we know that we can dismiss you as an idi*t!
I notice you were incapable of answering a simple question. That is a common reaction of those who can't handle truth or facts.
nonsense

Albuquerque, NM

#36 Aug 14, 2010
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you were incapable of answering a simple question. That is a common reaction of those who can't handle truth or facts.
others can't handle the English language
Allen

Las Cruces, NM

#37 Aug 14, 2010
Business business home wrote:
"It's been said that driving while talking or texting on a cell phone is as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. If this is the case, then the punishment for using a cell phone while driving should be increased."
Unfortunately, our town is run by business owners and not the voters. Good luck getting anything past Major Ken Miyagishima from Farmers Insurance.
Not the best reasoning. Insurance companies are the ones that have to pay off for the accidents. They are always behind stricter safety laws.
la mosca

Albuquerque, NM

#38 Aug 14, 2010
not an ese wrote:
horale....well it seems that placitas roy has had too much candy today.....personally i dont give a rats tail what religion you believe in or wether you dont believe it is up to you sabes and you are the one who has to meet his/her maker. but i do think the presidente is way off on this, the mosque leader has already been quoted as saying it was the US's fault for 9/11 so by building a mega mosque on or close to the sight he is simply throwing it in the faces of americans that he and his religion dont care what happened to the victims of the twin towers. if we wanted to build a church or synagoue in fallujah where many of our young soldiers and marines gave thier all would we be allowed to do that..???????? es todo te watcho
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

By the way it wasn't candy Placitas Roid had too much of. It was Kool aid and Fruit Loops.
la mosca

Albuquerque, NM

#39 Aug 14, 2010
PlacitasRoy wrote:
"the mosque leader has already been quoted as saying it was the US's fault for 9/11"
Along with billions of people around the world. It as a bitch when imperialism came back to bite US on the but.
And with this remark, the Placitas Roid stoops to a new low.
Go to NYC and say this out in public.
Las Crucen

Las Cruces, NM

#40 Aug 14, 2010
PlacitasRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one jump from a flat out statement of FACT to some absurd, illogical, ignorant, and erroneous conclusions?
Why don't you ask yourself that very question just before you post something next time. And the time after that, and the time after that and the time after that...
Gus

Las Cruces, NM

#41 Aug 14, 2010
PlacitasRoy wrote:
So, it would appear that you count yourself among the "billions of people around the world" that blame the U.S. for the acts of Islamic Terrorists?

Who'd a thunk it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesilla Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Mon Uphillbfp 215
News Pearce calls for UNM criminal investigation Apr 20 greg 1
: WARNING: Pegasus is back Apr 19 watch dog2 1
News Las Cruces council mulls noise ordinance changes (Sep '08) Apr 17 watch dog2 21
News Las Cruces, New Mexico Sued to Remove 'Cruces" ... (Aug '06) Apr 16 CONCHA PENA 9
News Report: Carlsbad saw 94 days with elevated smoga Apr 13 You know 5
Goodnight Kiss Apr 4 Only You 1

Mesilla Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesilla Park Mortgages