Letters: Misleading publication

Letters: Misleading publication

There are 3 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Oct 1, 2009, titled Letters: Misleading publication. In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

In response to a recent letter praising the book "Unstoppable Global Warming Every 1,500 Years" by S. Fred Singer and Dennis T. Avery, your readers may not realize that this book is essentially dishonest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Mike

Saffron Walden, UK

#1 Oct 2, 2009
I used to work in the wind "industry", until I got sickened by the hypocracy and heavy handed tactics employed by what I could only term a bunch of thugs at its heart. These are nice "environmentalists", they are businessmen with a heart of ice who would sell your granny to make money - and guess what, most of the companies also sell oil!

The great thing about telling the public that "we have so much oil that it could literally fry the planet" is that it hides the basic fact that the oilmen having been draining the planet dry and if we had any sense we'd not stop burning a little bit of oil in a few years to save the odd frog, but stop burning oil right now because our children won't have any to keep us warm in the retirement only the oilmen are going to be able to afford given the expected rise in oil prices in the next few decades.

You can fool some of the people some of time, but you can fool any environ-mental-ist all of the time.
Bart Mortensen

Greeley, CO

#2 Oct 2, 2009
Thank you Mr. Richman. Just because you call oneself a "scientist" does not necessarily make it so. Look at the track record of the Bush Administration where science was an enigma and often sold to the highest bidder.
Jim Groom

Sacramento, CA

#3 Oct 14, 2009
Well said Mr. Richman. Singer and Avery were bought and paid for many years ago. I've read nearly all of their views and comments they've made at scientific conferences. Everyone roles their eyes when those two speak.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesilla Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indictments (Sep '09) Jul 22 Jazzie 4
Middle east snap chatters near missile range base Jul 16 Karl 2
Gang problems in Las Cruces (Sep '07) Jul 12 Poser buster 220
News Joshua Ray Garcia pleads guilty to rape charges (Oct '08) Jul 7 Veahmah 4
News Join Las Cruces lawmakers Wednesday at town hall (Apr '15) Apr '15 Sensible 1
News School supplies needed for low-income families (Aug '10) Jan '15 Harold 31
Cruel Las Cruces Greyhound Joke (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mayor DoLittleMIY... 1

Mesilla Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesilla Park Mortgages