Sound off! (July 9)

Sound off! (July 9)

There are 5 comments on the Silver City Sun-News story from Jul 9, 2011, titled Sound off! (July 9). In it, Silver City Sun-News reports that:

I'm a teacher, and I give the state of New Mexico, our legislators, a big fat 'F' for cutting our pay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver City Sun-News.

Lynn

Lordsburg, NM

#2 Jul 9, 2011
Hope you don't rant and rave at the students like you did here, Try picking Chile this summer to make up the pay difference.
Fun Facts

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jul 9, 2011
People who leave work at 3:15 in the afternoon.

Did they cut your pay or are they making you pay more for your pension plan? There's a difference.

But if you don't like it, there's other jobs. You don't have to stay in a job you don't like. If you can't stop complaining about your job, maybe you need a new job.
Right of Center

Muskegon, MI

#4 Jul 9, 2011
Be thankful. With an attitude like that in the private sector, you'd be out on your ear. These are tough times and we all take an occasional financial hit. Cowboy up and deal with it.
observer of Albuquerque

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jul 9, 2011
Maybe you should only teach part of the alphabet,some math, and how to put a belt on their pants. When the State hired a Woman from out of this State it's like the Governor doesn't think very highly of New Mexicans. Does the Governor have Children?
Just Sayin

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jul 9, 2011
I think the Governor hired the best person for the job and of course they came from out of state. No one thinks highly of New Mexicans, not even New Mexicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 12 hr juan 6,880
Safari 12 hr Old School 1
billary for prison 2016 Mon Bloodonhishands 1
please come see me Jul 25 Yes Baby 27
News NMSU plans to eliminate 126 jobs Jul 25 Really 1
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 24 TWP 72,037
News Felon pleads guilty to possessing firearm Jul 21 Gloria 1

Mesilla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesilla Mortgages