Conn's in Mesilla Valley Mall

Conn's in Mesilla Valley Mall

Posted in the Mesilla Forum

saver

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Jan 26, 2013
It is exciting to see the vacant department store now has a tenant. Having seen that Conn's had opened recently in El Paso, I had looked the company up online and browsed their ads in the Times. Wow. this may not be good for our local or personal economy. No real sale prices on merchandise, just inflated prices in addition to the rent-to-own 'solution'.

Do our local schools educate our middle school students against such short-cuts to live a lifestyle they can't afford? You don't need it now, it doesn't have to be the newest or the best. Have patience and eventually you can upgrade your second hand goods. Thrift stores, yard sales, craigslist, bookoo, freecycle or hand-me-downs from friends and family should be the first place to shop. Saving up for a sale and having an emergency fund for essentials are much better plans than the immediate gratification of entering into a rent-to-own credit contract. Do the math. Miss a payment and your rented goods and money are both gone.

"Jeff McKinney of the Cincinnati Enquirer emphasizes that these shops mostly cater to poor people without the credit or ready cash to purchase these items. These shoppers often think that they have no choice but to make the regular payments, noting that the purchase would be impossible otherwise. However, the best bet is to simply wait and save the money. In six months, accumulated monthly payments of $86 could purchase a $500 television. In short, rent-to-own is a bad deal for most and almost always costs more than simply being patient and waiting to purchase something new."

Read more: How Rent-to-Own Works | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5348579_renttoow...
Consumer82

Los Lunas, NM

#2 Jun 16, 2013
You can judge all you want, but a company like this was needed in the community. To begin with, Wal-mart, Best Buy, Target, and all the rest of the big box conglomerates don't give the quality customer service that you or I deserve as consumers. You may be well to do in your job and have excellent credit and do not need to do payments, but some of us people that don't have excellent credit or even have great jobs have the ability to utilize this as an option when we are sick of being gouged by the big box operations that are nation or international chains. SO, you may be quick to judge and get upset over this as an option, but if you didn't notice, as soon as Conn's came into Las Cruces, Wal-mart had to match prices and so did Best Buy.
this

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jun 16, 2013
laughing at you

United States

#4 Jun 17, 2013
I find it rather humourous you will take the words of the few, over the neophytes that do not know how to work a computer and voice their pleasure with the service and enjoyment over the fact they are getting new product. I used to do rent to own with a company named Aaron's, but Conn's changed that. You may pull up all the negative comments in the world, but for Las Cruces, you only had Ashley's, colortyme, and smart buy. Ashley's is a joke, and smart buy is horrible. Do not even get me started on colortyme.

I think a world of haters can become great motivators, but if you don't have the balls to say it publicly and out in the real world, then all you are doing is spinning your wheels.
Update

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Jul 17, 2013
craigslist wrote:
CONN'S FURNITURE!!!!!!!!!(Las Cruces, NM)
Big f@@@@@ liars!!!!!!!!!! they will take your money and not care, the worst customer service ever!!!!
Don't buy nothing from, they don't do returns and they don't have warranty on their Shit!!!!!!
This is just the beginning of the opinions of unhappy people.
Happy buyer

United States

#6 Dec 14, 2013
Conns a great place to shop. Oh well not everything is perfect but I got one year no int.!!!
Plenty of time to pay it off!!!
Shopper

United States

#7 Dec 14, 2013
Staff is good and all managers are real good too. I think they really care for us shoppers.
I was surprised that they have lower prices than other retailers!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Jardin Homes Jun 30 Unhappy renter 1
nita tredway/rusak Jun 28 kim 9
Skype Wedgie slave Jun 27 Cradybrady21 3
law enforcement salaries Jun 27 Bloodonhishands 1
News NM couple accused of prescription drug trafficking (May '13) Jun 21 butters_ 6
News Former Lincoln County officer reinstated - Ruid... (Jan '11) Oct '14 Rose K 51
News Things To Do 8/14-8/20 (Aug '14) Aug '14 Golly Gee 1
More from around the web

Mesilla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mesilla Mortgages