Your View: Letters to the editor (May...

Your View: Letters to the editor (May 26)

There are 6 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from May 26, 2011, titled Your View: Letters to the editor (May 26). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

In his letter of May 14, Lloyd Kirschenmann attacks Dr. Martin Boyd's "discussion of the 'separation of church and state'." Kirschenmann argument is a straw man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

bbad

Las Cruces, NM

#1 May 26, 2011
The problem with our country being a christian nation is that it has a terrible record on human rights.Millions have been killed in the name of God, first the natives, then the witches and now the illegals.
Americans love to use their moral christian principles to deny basic rights to those who do not follow their beliefs.
Do we really need Christian principles in government or do we need a government that believes all were create equal and should have the same rights as other, etc -Gays, Black, Women, Jews etc etc.
OrvilleWyatt

Santa Fe, NM

#2 May 26, 2011
The individual is the only minority of any consequence to a moral government.

In terms of government and religion, any collusion at all, at any level, only serves to make false deliniations of groups.

It's not that government shouldn't have any influence over religion or vice versa, it is that neither should have the authority or control over the lives of people for that to even be a possibility.
Duh

Albuquerque, NM

#3 May 26, 2011
bbad wrote:
The problem with our country being a christian nation is that it has a terrible record on human rights.Millions have been killed in the name of God, first the natives, then the witches and now the illegals.
Americans love to use their moral christian principles to deny basic rights to those who do not follow their beliefs.
Do we really need Christian principles in government or do we need a government that believes all were create equal and should have the same rights as other, etc -Gays, Black, Women, Jews etc etc.
just how many illegals have been killed in the USA? Move to the Middle East if you want to see millions being killed in the name of religion and a total disregard of human rights.
OrvilleWyatt

Santa Fe, NM

#4 May 26, 2011
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>just how many illegals have been killed in the USA? Move to the Middle East if you want to see millions being killed in the name of religion and a total disregard of human rights.
c'mon man -'my religion is quite so bad as that one' is a pretty weak arguement.

I don't think all 1400 years of jihad has killed as many as a few boats full of smallpox carrying missionaries in the 1500s sent by christian kings and queens who were fully aware of what would happen. Not even close.
Duh

Albuquerque, NM

#5 May 26, 2011
OrvilleWyatt wrote:
<quoted text>
c'mon man -'my religion is quite so bad as that one' is a pretty weak arguement.
I don't think all 1400 years of jihad has killed as many as a few boats full of smallpox carrying missionaries in the 1500s sent by christian kings and queens who were fully aware of what would happen. Not even close.
Thanks dumazz for answering a question that wasn't asked and there is no religion here for you to sweat so take your BS and park it.
OrvilleWyatt

Santa Fe, NM

#6 May 26, 2011
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>just how many illegals have been killed in the USA? Move to the Middle East if you want to see millions being killed in the name of religion and a total disregard of human rights.
If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

This sure looks and quacks like 'heey christianity aint so bad! look at islam!'

I can't see how else there is to take this comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 24 min hasbeen 6,917
News Magistrate Judge Galassini retires from bench 11 hr jbone 3
News Different Sparky's signature is the draw for 'A... (Aug '15) Mon Peter Knight 3
News Las Cruces vigil to honor murdered ABQ child Sun Pocohantas 9
News NMSU plans to eliminate 126 jobs Sun ForgetNMSUFootball 2
nmsu football willing to sell it's soul to win ... Aug 27 Takeastand 1
OOps Billary takes another hit - her anti woman... Aug 24 Blood on his hands 1

Mesilla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesilla Mortgages