Good Will is a Fraud!
invicta

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Sep 8, 2013
Think you are giving to a charity when dealing with Good Will?
Giving or buying from Good Will does not result in charitable donations. All the money goes to the owner Mark Curran who pocketed a$2.3million dollars a year from Good Will.
Nice racket,he gets his merchandise for free, pays workers minimum wage,and gets 100% profit(minus overhead) from what is sold.
No sales tax is charged just like any "Real"Charity. Hmmm.
Best is to take your goods for Donation or buy items from The Salvation Army where 96% of each dollar goes to Charity work. Yes the Commisioner receives a salary of $13,000 a year,but nothing any where near what Curran's $2.3 million. Plus you know that the profits are really going to Charitable Works.
If you care about helping Charities pass this information along to everyone you can.
Neo

White Sands Missile Range, NM

#2 Sep 9, 2013
invicta wrote:
Think you are giving to a charity when dealing with Good Will?
Giving or buying from Good Will does not result in charitable donations. All the money goes to the owner Mark Curran who pocketed a$2.3million dollars a year from Good Will.
Nice racket,he gets his merchandise for free, pays workers minimum wage,and gets 100% profit(minus overhead) from what is sold.
No sales tax is charged just like any "Real"Charity. Hmmm.
Best is to take your goods for Donation or buy items from The Salvation Army where 96% of each dollar goes to Charity work. Yes the Commisioner receives a salary of $13,000 a year,but nothing any where near what Curran's $2.3 million. Plus you know that the profits are really going to Charitable Works.
If you care about helping Charities pass this information along to everyone you can.
Where did you get this information from? If this is true, I will stop donating to Goodwill and donate to the Salvation Army.
invicta

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Sep 9, 2013
Neo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get this information from? If this is true, I will stop donating to Goodwill and donate to the Salvation Army.
There is a site called www.snopes.com/politics/business/charities.as...

Where you can check it out.

You will also find out about other Charities that are top heavy with people with really over inflated salerys and perks. One gets even gets free use of a Rolls Royce.
You will also find Charities Like Salvation Army that have great people at their top.
Check it out and spread the word. People give because they want to help the needy. What goes to Good Will doesn't go to organizations that DO help the needy.

I also found out from a Student in a Business Course that this is "common knowlege" in his class.
invicta

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Sep 9, 2013
UPDATE:I went directly to the site I listed above instead of Farm Finder where the original info was obtained. And it lists the information as "Rumor". Below that it says that the real information is totally different!

As of now I am retracting what I said at the beginning since it may or may not be accurate. Apparently the Farm Finder copied only part of the article and not the whole thing.
Because of this I would suggest still checking this out more since it is still questionable on what is really going on.
Neo

White Sands Missile Range, NM

#5 Sep 9, 2013
invicta wrote:
UPDATE:I went directly to the site I listed above instead of Farm Finder where the original info was obtained. And it lists the information as "Rumor". Below that it says that the real information is totally different!
As of now I am retracting what I said at the beginning since it may or may not be accurate. Apparently the Farm Finder copied only part of the article and not the whole thing.
Because of this I would suggest still checking this out more since it is still questionable on what is really going on.
Thank you, invicta.

“here for a good time”

Since: Oct 13

Del Rio, TX

#6 Oct 13, 2013
Let them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sep 28 rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039
News Family doubts police account of Hatch shooting (Oct '08) Sep 27 Eddie Lou 68
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) Sep 25 Marc 6,935
News Las Cruces vigil to honor murdered ABQ child Sep 24 Kollmar 11
Las Cruces Music Selection (Sep '12) Sep 24 Musikologist 14
please come see me (Mar '16) Sep 24 Yes Baby 35
News Weird New Mexico: Bigfoot Sightings (Oct '11) Sep 22 reese 116

Mesilla Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesilla Mortgages