Sound Off

There are 1 comment on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from May 19, 2012, titled Sound Off. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Let's re-elect Dr. Terry McMillan to the House of Representatives. Dr. McMillan is currently the only physician serving in the Legislature and we need knowledgeable input into health-care matters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

whamo

Las Cruces, NM

#1 May 19, 2012
Caller:
Why not use part of the Country Club for a cemetery? It would make a nice cemetery and they would generate some revenue and it should be low maintenance.

I'd prefer they keep the chemicals used to embalm the individuals who are buried away from the central aquifers that provide water to our community. If they fix the flooding in Brown's Field, that layer of clay may be a benefit to our environment if it was then used for a cemetery.

The CC land would ideally be used for an expansion of Madrid park. With the loss of the attempted disc golf course on the university arrowhead property, the current holes for tee golf could be adapted to lure in PDGA competitions from around the region or enthusiasts looking for new grounds to attempt while on holiday. The sport is great for a college community and most parks that have a good course find that picnicers and players mesh well when sharing space.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Three Las Cruces teens charged with murder in t... 10 hr Ram it 1
News Tempers flare over proposed food stamps changes Thu And 58
News Las Cruces man pleads to manslaughter, nets 18-... (Jul '10) Jul 26 Victoria Reyes 14
law enforcement salaries Jul 26 ChoirBoy 2
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Jul 22 dGo mneDad lyHo i... 71,943
News Summer camps give Las Cruces youth valuable exp... Jul 17 sergio 2
Review: City Dynamics Jul 13 Woody 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mesilla Mortgages