Sound Off! (Jan. 2)

This economy is very, very bad all over the country, and the city can certainly find a better use to put $13,750 out for other good causes, other than taking care of a bunch of animals. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Do your research

Houston, TX

#1 Jan 2, 2009
So now you are trying to push off Bush as a Democrat? Oh please, he so conservative. He stands for everything that conservative Republicans stand for and then some. I know that you Republicans are trying to save face, but don't be ridiculous.

Ha! Nationalized banks, and bad wars is what you call conservative principles? Get a life. Conservatives stand for the idea that the government should play a small role. Bush has hardly done that, and we all saw what happened there.
Pen Pal

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jan 2, 2009
Do your research wrote:
So now you are trying to push off Bush as a Democrat? Oh please, he so conservative. He stands for everything that conservative Republicans stand for and then some. I know that you Republicans are trying to save face, but don't be ridiculous.
Ha! Nationalized banks, and bad wars is what you call conservative principles? Get a life. Conservatives stand for the idea that the government should play a small role. Bush has hardly done that, and we all saw what happened there.
An editorial column extolling small government appears elsewhere in the Sun-News by Richard Vaguerie.

It clearly indicates the current bankruptcy of Republican thinking and the likelihood of its continued minority status as a political party. Nowhere does Viguerie explain the weakness of Republican big government propensities except in terms of defeats to Democrats who usually want bigger governments. So smaller government is the way to win? Worse, nowhere does Viguerie dare to say how small government addresses any of the country's problems, none of which he names. Democrats must take comfort that, in the aftermath of defeat across the entire demographic electorate (except young white men--naturally), prominent Republicans want to stay the course of increasingly likely defeat.
JCM

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jan 2, 2009
During the election if Palin had been a Democrat, the Republicans would have hurled all the moral issues wrong with this lady’s family. A pregnant teen! A unemployed husband! Her hometown being a drug dealer’s and user’s paradise! And the list goes on! Funny how the Republicans can turn a blind eye to certain issues when its in their favor. I know that’s why they let their rich friends get greedy and ruin it for the entire country. Well the working people, who now have to bail out their friends
lcnative

Garden Valley, CA

#4 Jan 2, 2009
I have to agree with this caller. The police know who these individuals are. They protect these guys because some are comadres and relatives. It's the same with DWI's, some of our politicians are protected by the police as well. They know certain politicians, high-profile business owners, etc are drinking and driving and instead of citing them and getting them off the roads, they're protected.
"You failed to recognize or report on the motorcycle gangs, the 1-percenters. The "Soldados" and the "Bandidos" are very organized and with drugs, prostitution, weapons, etc. Why don't you do some reporting on those types of gangs instead of just the young kids?"
lcnative

Garden Valley, CA

#5 Jan 2, 2009
I would like to expand on my comment above, it's not ONLY the police that are letting these guys off, it's also the courts. There are even those that are related to local politicians who help get their relative off as well. We have honest and ethical police officers here in the city, county, and state who cite these people and the court system lets them off.
sound off

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Jan 2, 2009
Gangs in the city;
I really don't know about the Bandidos MC, but I do know alittle about the Soldados MC. They are a MC that care about the people, and do benifits for those that need mony for medical bills or what ever the family needs. I know because the Soldados MC has done that for our family and others that I know. They have a good image in our city and like to do things for the people, Hang in there Soldados MC and keep helping the people in the city of Las Cruces.
Border Native- American

Florissant, CO

#7 Jan 2, 2009
"Build the Fence, Stop the Nonsense". That should be a bumper sticker.
BANDIDOS MC

United States

#8 Jan 2, 2009
The Bandidos are the only 1% club in New Mexico, we are not out with a spray can or with an automatic weapon doing drive by shootings. Maby thats why they did not recognize us or report on us. As for being very organized, WE ARE! We were able to organize a last minute toy run for the county commissioners in only one weeks notice. BAndidos mc
MC Supporter

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 2, 2009
I can't believe that one could even begin to compare a Motorcycle Club with a common street gangs. Where did you get your information? You really shouldn't believe everything you watch on television. Something to ask oneself is, does a street gang take the time to raise money for sick or injured people or hold toy runs for underpriviledged children in the community and other benefits such as those? Well, that's about as organized as motorcycle clubs are in this town. Let law enforcement concentrate on the real criminals that are only out to help themselves and don't care who they hurt in the process.
Albert J Reine

AOL

#10 Jan 2, 2009
Out with the old, and in with the new ! Remember this you are responsible for your own well being; but Americe please do not worry: The New President and the change you voted for in November will be here to take away all the problems, in just eighteen day PRESIDENT OBAMA and VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN will fix everything for not New Mexico and the other 49 state; If yoy really think so you better not hold your breath, because it will not get better, infact it will most likely get worst. Well New Mexico will get a new Governor and we have the do nothing Governor of Arizona in charge of Home Land SECURITY, The Border will be open and who do you think will pay for all the welfare and health care ? Well You Voted for Change, now just wait ! Good By America, Welcome to the OBAMA NATION, One Nation under Obama ! Now what about the UK, France, Germany, and Japan, Well just blame Bush, we know he was President of thse countries and also caused all the problems in the world, now Obama and Michelle will take care of us; FYI The hotel that the Obama family will be staying in for the next eighteen days only cost $5,000.00 per day not including the meals; But you the Tax Payer will pay for it ! HAPPY NEW YEAR !
Fed Up

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Jan 2, 2009
" It is hard to believe that there are idiots who believe unions cause outsourcing of American businesses to other countries. Outsourcing is caused by greedy U.S. companies that don't want to provide adequate pay and benefits. So they go overseas and order to get child slave labor." Another moron who doesn't understand economics.

“phooey on spellcheck”

Since: Nov 08

las cruces, nm

#12 Jan 2, 2009
Albert J Reine wrote:
Out with the old, and in with the new ! Remember this you are responsible for your own well being; but Americe please do not worry: The New President and the change you voted for in November will be here to take away all the problems, in just eighteen day PRESIDENT OBAMA and VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN will fix everything for not New Mexico and the other 49 state; If yoy really think so you better not hold your breath, because it will not get better, infact it will most likely get worst. Well New Mexico will get a new Governor and we have the do nothing Governor of Arizona in charge of Home Land SECURITY, The Border will be open and who do you think will pay for all the welfare and health care ? Well You Voted for Change, now just wait ! Good By America, Welcome to the OBAMA NATION, One Nation under Obama ! Now what about the UK, France, Germany, and Japan, Well just blame Bush, we know he was President of thse countries and also caused all the problems in the world, now Obama and Michelle will take care of us; FYI The hotel that the Obama family will be staying in for the next eighteen days only cost $5,000.00 per day not including the meals; But you the Tax Payer will pay for it ! HAPPY NEW YEAR !
not new mexico?
LC Local

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Jan 2, 2009
Why do they report on these gangs at all. The punks feed on the publicity...especially when they make the front page. If you ask the police...they will tell you that Las Cruces doesn't really have a gang problem. Las Cruces resients don't need the news paper to know, we HAVE A PROBLEM!
naysayer

United States

#14 Jan 2, 2009
The bandidos are well known by other motorcyclists as wannabe bullies, they do nothing but start fights at every event or location they attend. It was the bandido's that shot at some guy over at the bowling alley a few weeks ago - it was all on camera. There are no commissioners that organize any toy runs, so not sure where you're getting that b.s. There was ONE motorcycle toy run this year and it was NOT organized by the bandido's nor for any commissioner or politician for that matter. Don't worry, the cops know you guys, they've left you alone for a number of reasons, but don't think we don't know you all as low-life wannabe thugs. Why do you think no one ever sees just ONE bandido out riding? Those guys NEVER wear their colors unless they have "backup".
BANDIDOS MC wrote:
The Bandidos are the only 1% club in New Mexico, we are not out with a spray can or with an automatic weapon doing drive by shootings. Maby thats why they did not recognize us or report on us. As for being very organized, WE ARE! We were able to organize a last minute toy run for the county commissioners in only one weeks notice. BAndidos mc
Bill

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jan 3, 2009
So Sarah Palin's daughter had her baby so what, big deal and why is that interesting? Are you that simple minded you don't have anything else better to worry about???
Bill

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Jan 3, 2009
Funny, I haven't seen a motorcycle gang in years. Thought they had all organized into corporate clubs now days, ever noticed the INC on their colors?? Think a few corporations could learn something from them. And yes, I've been riding for some 30 years as an independent mostly, though have been a club member with some local bike clubs, and no, not these "so called gangs". Motorcycle riders are at large members in a brotherhood and yes a sisterhood only motorcycle riders understand. You don't have to be a member of anyone one club to understand what it is like to ride. As with any group, there are your good and bad riders. It is always the bad that are single out and that stereo type the rest of us. Even the "bad" tend to police themselves to a point to curtail unwanted publicity. As for me, I tend to have a problem with some of the more out of control crotch rocket riders. Lately I've seem more problems out of them then I have the Bandidos or other so called outlaw biker gangs. Go up on Trans Mountain Hiway and sit there and watch on a nice weekend afternoon or along Hiway 28 at times. For some reason they (crotch rockets not all of them just the bad ones)) love to scream through those areas.
fed up

Rio Rancho, NM

#17 Jan 3, 2009
lcnative wrote:
I would like to expand on my comment above, it's not ONLY the police that are letting these guys off, it's also the courts. There are even those that are related to local politicians who help get their relative off as well. We have honest and ethical police officers here in the city, county, and state who cite these people and the court system lets them off.
Actually, the courts and the DA are the ones who drop the ball. We have some very unscrupulous municipal and magistrate judges (some who are related, by the way) in our midst. Also, some State police and county officers who are related to these judges. Some law enforcement officers in this area will stoop to anything to get their own officers off especially after they get a DWI. They protect them so that they're obligated to them when things get dirty again. This county seriously NEEDS a metro court and a requirement that ALL judges have law degrees and know how to read and interpret the laws.
Tired of Stupids

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jan 5, 2009
fed up wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, the courts and the DA are the ones who drop the ball. We have some very unscrupulous municipal and magistrate judges (some who are related, by the way) in our midst. Also, some State police and county officers who are related to these judges. Some law enforcement officers in this area will stoop to anything to get their own officers off especially after they get a DWI. They protect them so that they're obligated to them when things get dirty again. This county seriously NEEDS a metro court and a requirement that ALL judges have law degrees and know how to read and interpret the laws.
No, it's better if judges are NOT lawyers. But they do need a real degree, not English or any so-called liberal arts BS.
John Sellinger

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Jan 30, 2009
Obama is bringing the Terrorist to American Soil. I remember when Castro dumped his prisons, and his criminals killed lots of us. Especially two young mothers in Clovis NM. He finally was exterminated after his killing spree.
citizen of lc

Scottsdale, AZ

#20 Nov 12, 2010
I jus want to take the time to thank two members of the cruces soldados MC for taking time out of there night to help me out when my truck broke down in the middle of a one lane road they got off there bikes and worked traffic while I got help moving my truck thanks soldados your doing good things in this town

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mesilla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Buckle 3 hr thank 1
Some Mexicans leaving US, planning never to return (Dec '08) 8 hr Hans Smit 15,726
School supplies needed for low-income families (Aug '10) 15 hr trker trt 29
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 hr STEFANO COLONNA 70,159
dumbascaps running for the woodwork Thu Bloodonhishands 3
$360 out of your pocket! Oct 29 watchdog1 2
Holiday shopping deals can be found online - fast (Oct '10) Oct 28 Sharon Tatum 5
Mesilla Dating
Find my Match

Mesilla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mesilla News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mesilla

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]