Breast patients reassured: Survivor w...

Breast patients reassured: Survivor walks with women into the unknown

There are 7 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 7, 2011, titled Breast patients reassured: Survivor walks with women into the unknown. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Carmen Gonzales, a two-time breast cancer survivor and support coordinator for the University Breast Care Center at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Centers, will take a group of cancer survivors to a weekend retreat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

alicemgill

AOL

#1 Apr 8, 2011
this story of carmen is awesome... i do not have cancer you never know... but.. i am 83 years ... and has given see what life i have and enjoy... thank i do not want a pity party either ..
Spring

United States

#2 Apr 8, 2011
Stay strong sisters!!!!
goodperson

El Paso, TX

#3 Apr 8, 2011
Every now and then someone falls ill and they are so affected that they dedicate their lives to helping others walk the same road. She is a gift from God.
DNE

El Paso, TX

#4 Apr 8, 2011
Carmen, know that you are loved...by very special people. God bless you.
Penelope

El Paso, TX

#5 Apr 8, 2011
I find this headline to be misleading. I assumed with all the coverage about shutting down Planned Parenthood that it was about women being denied mammograms. I wish this woman well and am glad she recovered but what about all of us who can't afford treatment or screening? We need for PP to stay open to help us poor women with the procedures we need otherwise we'll all be walking around flat chested after they have to cut them off.
Julie

El Paso, TX

#6 Apr 8, 2011
I know this woman personally. She has been an inspiration to me. I had cancer 13 yrs ago when I was 32 and was rediagnosed last June. Carmen was there when I was diagnosed again and we talk regularly. I cried when she told me she had cancer again, tears I could not shed for myself because I consider her my rock and friend. She works with some very selfless people also. Everyone at UBCC is wonderful. I was treated by the same surgeon I had 13 yrs ago and he is an angel who has dedicated his life to this cause. Carmen will win her battle on heart alone if nothing else. Stay strong sister.
a friend

Hillsborough, NJ

#7 Apr 8, 2011
This is a great!!, I happen to have the honor to know Carmen and she is a very special person doing so much for others with her great attitude, God bless her...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mescalero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Race Horses are Horses too 9 hr Horse Lover 2
Adult video (Sep '10) Sun Vanessa 17
News Guilty plea in Mescalero slaying (Apr '09) Aug 23 jim logan 51
News Ruidoso police shoot armed, violent Texas man Aug 23 Michael Oshkienau 1
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Aug 20 whosurdaddy 8,823
News Future Art Walk put on hold for ordinance review Aug 20 Sabu 2
Upper Canyon Campground Closed? (Jul '10) Aug 8 Patsy Copeland 23

Mescalero Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance