Councilors discuss 'speed tables'

Councilors discuss 'speed tables'

There are 8 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Mar 13, 2013, titled Councilors discuss 'speed tables'. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

Ruidoso councilors need to decide if speed bump tables marking the two entrances and exits to midtown should be removed during resurfacing work planned by the state on Sudderth Drive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

Reality

Ruidoso, NM

#1 Mar 14, 2013
What a waste of valuable funds installing these in the first place. The spped bumps did nothing to slow dow the traffic, the paint wore off quickly and drivers couldn't even tell where the bumps were.

Since: Jul 11

Ruidoso NM

#2 Mar 16, 2013
Reality wrote:
What a waste of valuable funds installing these in the first place. The spped bumps did nothing to slow dow the traffic, the paint wore off quickly and drivers couldn't even tell where the bumps were.
With eyesores and decrepit structures all over the Village, why not spend some money demolishing and condemning? Isn't that somebody's job anyway?
MiMi

Alto, NM

#4 May 31, 2013
Has ANYONE noticed that Ruidoso PD seems to be ignoring people who speed through the downtown area even when business owners call to complain?
During the last biker rally a few bikers decided to
actually race each other down Sudderth. When a business owner called the PD to report it, he was
told they had received "a lot of complaints about
that". To be fair to bikers, yesterday while I was shopping downtown, there were countless number of drivers who were speeding on Sudderth with no apparent fear of consequences (big company truckers included). Will it take someone getting hurt before our local cops start doing their jobs? The only law enforcement I have ever seen downtown are State Police . Is it their job to police the speeders?
Go figure

Hobbs, NM

#5 May 31, 2013
It has been this way all the years we have been here. Used to work on Sudderth and the business I worked for called in along with many others and it NEVER did any good.
Careful driver

Nogal, NM

#6 May 31, 2013
Not only do large delivery trucks speed, but they double park as well. When you try to maintain the speed limit, they are right on top of your rear end as well.
The city should designate loading and unloading zones on the side streets. Or is it too difficult for the delivery drivers to push the dolly around the corner instead of pushing the citizens off the street?
As for the speed bumps, the delivery truck drivers obviously ignored them altogether!
No Speed Humps

Ruidoso, NM

#7 May 31, 2013
Just take them out. They have been proven to be completely ineffective. No one slows down for them, ever. They don't even see the sign or the humps. Waste of time and money. Just get rid of them.
FactsMatter

Phoenix, AZ

#8 Jun 3, 2013
I saw a kid with his skateboard on one. At dark.
bear

Ruidoso, NM

#9 Jun 3, 2013
With all the pot holes and run down streets in Ruidoso, why have speed humps(bumps)or whatever you want to call them. Just simply let the Village keep doing what they are doing(which is nothing, when it comes to road repair.) Main road is like a mine field and if that doesn't slow you down, nothing will. At least the speed humps are smooth when you go over them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mescalero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 3 hr Tinman 10,526
Adult video (Sep '10) Jan 12 Someone 30
More Artesia Gang Members (Aug '08) Jan 3 Roland guerrero 61
Not going to miss the bike rally Dec 30 Biker 2
Ruidoso win was tainted Dec 30 Big Ginger 2
Pets Lost And Found (Mar '12) Dec '17 Cody Ring 14
News FBI won't charge man in Mescalero shooting (May '09) Dec '17 Aspen 15

Mescalero Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance