Ruidoso teacher charged - Ruidoso News

Ruidoso teacher charged - Ruidoso News

There are 35 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jul 18, 2011, titled Ruidoso teacher charged - Ruidoso News. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

Ruidoso High School music teacher Danny Flores was charged Friday with contributing to the delinquency of a minor for alleged improper behavior with male students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MLE1

Ruidoso, NM

#1 Jul 19, 2011
this man whuz my middle school choir teacher :(
Choir Student

Hobbs, NM

#2 Jul 19, 2011
As a male former choir student who spent many extended periods of time with Mr. Flores, including an All State trip and a Music appreciation class just last year, I want to say that he is one of the nicest and most decent human beings I have EVER had the privilege of meeting. I cannot and I will not believe these allegations against the man.
Also being much closer in age to a high school student than probably most who will comment on this, I know how MY generation can react when they do not get their way. I have also seen a steep decline in Ruidoso High School since I graduated in 2006. It is to the point now that nearly every edition of the Ruidoso News has at least one student in the police briefs, for drugs, fighting, theft, any number of other things. From the journalist's own words on Facebook, many of the allegations in the police report have been refuted. So I ask, if some of it was a lie, who is to say all of it wasn't a lie. Surely this wouldn't be the first time false allegations of inappropriate behavior against an innocent individual. And certainly not the first time a student has made false allegations, even though he didn't, his two little friends did.
Do I believe that Mr. Flores told his students to pull up their pants and stand straight before they sing? Yes, because a choir director told students in my class the same thing. Do I believe for one second that he said, "All right boys, make sure you hike up your junk before we sing"? Not in a million years. It is absolutely ridiculous.
Nothing but love for Mr. Flores from this choir student and I will stand behind him unashamed, and defend him until hell freezes over.
Choir Student

Hobbs, NM

#3 Jul 19, 2011
I'm not in Dulce either, my comp is messed up. I am in Ruidoso
Disgusted

Alto, NM

#4 Jul 20, 2011
I hope that queen bea is happy with having destroyed a good man and great teacher's reputation. I hope she rots in hell for all the people whose lives she has destroyed. If the people of Rumodoso were intelligent enough they would realize that these allegations are nothing but the bullshit they are. If Mr. Flores is "guilty of contributing to the delinquency of a minor" then so are a large amount of parents who drink and do drugs around their kids, who allow their kids to do and say things to the teachers that are totally inappropriate and very disrespectful. If a student doesn't like a teacher then all they have to do is accuse them of something and that teacher is gone. Think very, very carefully people of Rumodoso before you believe a student who is already a piece of shit and a superintendent who fires people on a whim if they disagree with her. She and all of her minions have proven to be liers and the truth will come out. Mr. Flores has proven again and again what a wonderful teacher he is and has done nothing but give his best to these students. He would never do or say anything to any of them that is inappropriate. He has never contributed anything but greatness to his students and I will stand behind him 110%. Let me also reiterate that in THIS country a person is innocent until proven guilty and so far there has been NOTHING to prove that he is guilty so think very, very carefully before you start your rumors and judgements, and totally blow out of proportion the lies that are already running rampant. The people who have started this should be very ashamed for ruining a very good man's reputation.... Shame on you, shame on you...

Since: Jul 11

Ruidoso NM

#5 Jul 20, 2011
Disgusted wrote:
I hope that queen bea is happy with having destroyed a good man and great teacher's reputation. I hope she rots in hell for all the people whose lives she has destroyed. If the people of Rumodoso were intelligent enough they would realize that these allegations are nothing but the bullshit they are. If Mr. Flores is "guilty of contributing to the delinquency of a minor" then so are a large amount of parents who drink and do drugs around their kids, who allow their kids to do and say things to the teachers that are totally inappropriate and very disrespectful. If a student doesn't like a teacher then all they have to do is accuse them of something and that teacher is gone. Think very, very carefully people of Rumodoso before you believe a student who is already a piece of shit and a superintendent who fires people on a whim if they disagree with her. She and all of her minions have proven to be liers and the truth will come out. Mr. Flores has proven again and again what a wonderful teacher he is and has done nothing but give his best to these students. He would never do or say anything to any of them that is inappropriate. He has never contributed anything but greatness to his students and I will stand behind him 110%. Let me also reiterate that in THIS country a person is innocent until proven guilty and so far there has been NOTHING to prove that he is guilty so think very, very carefully before you start your rumors and judgements, and totally blow out of proportion the lies that are already running rampant. The people who have started this should be very ashamed for ruining a very good man's reputation.... Shame on you, shame on you...
You say that you are standing behind him 110%? Would not such support include your name?
Choir Student

Ruidoso, NM

#6 Jul 20, 2011
I stand behind him 110% and my name is James R Mowell of Ruidoso, New Mexico
Phil Lozarro

Hobbs, NM

#7 Jul 20, 2011
Choir Student wrote:
As a male former choir student who spent many extended periods of time with Mr. Flores, including an All State trip and a Music appreciation class just last year, I want to say that he is one of the nicest and most decent human beings I have EVER had the privilege of meeting. I cannot and I will not believe these allegations against the man.
Also being much closer in age to a high school student than probably most who will comment on this, I know how MY generation can react when they do not get their way. I have also seen a steep decline in Ruidoso High School since I graduated in 2006. It is to the point now that nearly every edition of the Ruidoso News has at least one student in the police briefs, for drugs, fighting, theft, any number of other things. From the journalist's own words on Facebook, many of the allegations in the police report have been refuted. So I ask, if some of it was a lie, who is to say all of it wasn't a lie. Surely this wouldn't be the first time false allegations of inappropriate behavior against an innocent individual. And certainly not the first time a student has made false allegations, even though he didn't, his two little friends did.
Do I believe that Mr. Flores told his students to pull up their pants and stand straight before they sing? Yes, because a choir director told students in my class the same thing. Do I believe for one second that he said, "All right boys, make sure you hike up your junk before we sing"? Not in a million years. It is absolutely ridiculous.
Nothing but love for Mr. Flores from this choir student and I will stand behind him unashamed, and defend him until hell freezes over.
Maybe you were just not attractive?
Phil Lozarro

Hobbs, NM

#8 Jul 20, 2011
Gus V Inst wrote:
<quoted text>You say that you are standing behind him 110%? Would not such support include your name?
Who is the Queen Bea and where do I find her? Are you talking of a high school student or a busy body parent>?
Choir Student

Ruidoso, NM

#9 Jul 20, 2011
That was pretty mature Phil, somehow I knew someone was going to say that. You sir, are the reason that this town is called Rumordoso. People like you who would rather hide behind a keyboard and talk trash about me and a man who has served this community for 30 years. Oh, and if you knew anything about the situation, you would know that the Queen Bea, is Bea Harris, the superintendent of schools. Do some research before you shoot your mouth off or you just make yourself look stupid.
Resident

Ruidoso, NM

#10 Jul 20, 2011
I would think it would take more than just an allegation from a single student to cause the police and DA to investigate and charge a person with a crime like this. It would be best to just wait and see what comes out of this, before we start calling names against the people involved; both the accused and the accuser. Name calling does nothing but lessen the person calling names. DISGUSTED: you should be a shame of yourself.
WTF

Ruidoso, NM

#11 Jul 20, 2011
Choir Student wrote:
That was pretty mature Phil, somehow I knew someone was going to say that. You sir, are the reason that this town is called Rumordoso. People like you who would rather hide behind a keyboard and talk trash about me and a man who has served this community for 30 years. Oh, and if you knew anything about the situation, you would know that the Queen Bea, is Bea Harris, the superintendent of schools. Do some research before you shoot your mouth off or you just make yourself look stupid.
You should have quit while you were ahead.
Choir Student

Ruidoso, NM

#12 Jul 20, 2011
Seems to me I'm still pretty far ahead.
WTF

Ruidoso, NM

#13 Jul 20, 2011
Ah, the ignorance of youth.
Choir Student

Ruidoso, NM

#14 Jul 20, 2011
Maybe I'm just being "ignorant" again but I fail to see where you found me ignorant, but I'm sure you'll enlighten me, being the guru of infinite wisdom that you are. Have to catch up with you later though, got a baseball game today. GO OSOS!
LCLiver

Denver, CO

#15 Jul 20, 2011
Anyone in choir in the first place needs to evaluate how much trash they want to talk to strangers, as their life choices aren't the most masculine or intimidating to begin with....
Choir Student

Ruidoso, NM

#16 Jul 20, 2011
LCLiver wrote:
Anyone in choir in the first place needs to evaluate how much trash they want to talk to strangers, as their life choices aren't the most masculine or intimidating to begin with....
But talking trash on the internet is everyone's favorite activity. Even assclowns from Idaho on a New Mexico forum. Why don't you find an Idaho forum so you can post about potatoes? Just because you can't sing doesn't mean that everyone needs to follow your example. Besides, I'd rather be in choir than in a more "masculine and intimidating" activity like oh say, wrestling... You like grabbing other guys and getting all sweaty, be my guest buddy. I'll stick to choir and baseball.
Choir Student

Ruidoso, NM

#17 Jul 20, 2011
LCLiver wrote:
You need to go crawl back under your bridge Mr. Troll
LCLiver

Denver, CO

#18 Jul 20, 2011
1: Just like you aren't from Dulce, I am not from Idaho.

2: I am from Ruidoso.

3: Why are you so defensive?

4: I am not "trolling" anyone, I just offer some general knowlege that you might want to heed.

5: Don't make so many assumptions (where I live, if I can/can't sing, that I like wrestling, that I am even a male). It really just makes you look stupid.

6: If you are so in love with baseball, why aren't you on the Osos? You aren't on the roster....
on the stump

United States

#19 Jul 20, 2011
Choir Student wrote:
I stand behind him 110% and my name is James R Mowell of Ruidoso, New Mexico
GOOD FOR YOU PUTTING YOUR NAME BEHIND YOUR STATEMENTSOF 110%
What ever happened to innocent till proven guilty, If he is guilty then they should through the book at him If not then there should be some saying sorry!!!!!
I AM GUILTY AS MOST of judging too quick but this charge is very serious and should be given due process.
LCLiver

Denver, CO

#20 Jul 20, 2011
I agree with "WTF", you should have quit while you thought you were ahead. You sound like a young punk that has nothing better to do than not have a job and sit at your parents house because you didn't go to college, or went and dropped out. You sound like you work at Radio Shack or in construction, both being very mindless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mescalero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 3 min So_da_lish_us 10,559
Adult video (Sep '10) Jan 12 Someone 30
More Artesia Gang Members (Aug '08) Jan 3 Roland guerrero 61
Not going to miss the bike rally Dec 30 Biker 2
Ruidoso win was tainted Dec 30 Big Ginger 2
Pets Lost And Found (Mar '12) Dec '17 Cody Ring 14
News FBI won't charge man in Mescalero shooting (May '09) Dec '17 Aspen 15

Mescalero Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance