Vincent: 'We did the right thing' - R...

Vincent: 'We did the right thing' - Ruidoso News

There are 20 comments on the Ruidoso News story from Jun 21, 2011, titled Vincent: 'We did the right thing' - Ruidoso News. In it, Ruidoso News reports that:

In the aftermath of last week's Swallow Fire, Ruidoso's interim fire chief has been meeting with residents of the Pinecliff Subdivision, where nine homes were reduced to rubble.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ruidoso News.

mike

Ruidoso, NM

#1 Jun 22, 2011
Our Ruidoso Firemen are the best,And they proved it!
Dear Harlan

Ruidoso, NM

#2 Jun 22, 2011
Please talk to the powers that be about getting the people who start these fires, Ie the ciggarette smoker in the paper. SHAME. I mean they endanger lives, turn lives upside down, scare children, cause respiratory distress and they hide behind a cloak of anonymity? Meanwhile the former editor of this paper would front page some pock marked juvenille with a dime bag in his front pocket?

Make these people realize they need to follow the rules.
OUT THEM. I implore you.

Also, are gas grills allowed or not? I saw a family bring a gas grill to two rivers last sunday and have a gay ole cookout and I thought that was disallowed.
Resident

Ruidoso, NM

#3 Jun 22, 2011
mike wrote:
Our Ruidoso Firemen are the best,And they proved it!
More self-promotion from a wanna-be Fire Chief that was NOT even on the fire, he was OUT OF TOWN. Get out of the newspaper and keep your mouth shut! People are sick of hearing the chronicals of Harlan Vincent. Still waiting to read a newspaper article that interviews Shawn Stafford the incident commandor for the Swallow fire, the guy with all the experience!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
VOR

Ruidoso, NM

#4 Jun 22, 2011
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
More self-promotion from a wanna-be Fire Chief that was NOT even on the fire, he was OUT OF TOWN. Get out of the newspaper and keep your mouth shut! People are sick of hearing the chronicals of Harlan Vincent. Still waiting to read a newspaper article that interviews Shawn Stafford the incident commandor for the Swallow fire, the guy with all the experience!!!
He managed this fire perfectly while out of town?
What can this man not do!
Jack Heroff

United States

#5 Jun 22, 2011
VOR wrote:
<quoted text> He managed this fire perfectly while out of town?
What can this man not do!
he is superman especially when takes over interim village manager when Debi Lee goes on maternity leave.
Truth Police

Huntsville, AL

#6 Jun 22, 2011
Jack Heroff wrote:
<quoted text> he is superman especially when takes over interim village manager when Debi Lee goes on maternity leave.
This post won't last long. TOPIX is cracking down on unhelpful ennuendo and misinformation.
pants on fire

Alto, NM

#7 Jun 22, 2011
This post won't last long. TOPIX is cracking down on unhelpful ennuendo and misinformation.

What is true is Vincent played no role in the Swallow fire suppression. Lee and Alborn do keep pumping him up so he has the "creds" to become the designated Fire Chief. Politics should not be involved in something as serious as who leads the fire and police departments. Vincent is not qualified by education or experience. Lee is taking her time until she can slip him in.. wait and watch
Elinore

Ruidoso, NM

#9 Jun 23, 2011
Well at Jorges (pronounced whore-hays, not jore hays), they were talking about how Debbie Lee gunned it over to the fire because Harlan was out of town. She wanted to inject herself so she could infuse the fire with Harlan-esque ramblings. She was devestated that Harlan couldn't show up and run this show and get some good press. So she tried to best him from afar. When you control the media, you control the world. Wink. Wink.
Lottie

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Jun 23, 2011
Elinore wrote:
Well at Jorges (pronounced whore-hays, not jore hays), they were talking about how Debbie Lee gunned it over to the fire because Harlan was out of town. She wanted to inject herself so she could infuse the fire with Harlan-esque ramblings. She was devestated that Harlan couldn't show up and run this show and get some good press. So she tried to best him from afar. When you control the media, you control the world. Wink. Wink.
DEBI sure has a lot more energy than most pregnant women. You go girl! Oh and Debi you rock too!
Bigwig

El Paso, TX

#11 Jun 23, 2011
Still waiting for the Fire Chief job posting to show up.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha. I crack myself up.
Mary

Ruidoso, NM

#12 Jun 23, 2011
Elinore wrote:
Vincent never has seen a mircophone that he doesn't like!
He doesn't own up for the mistakes he has made on the White Fire and he wants credit for the fire (Swallow Fire) he was NOT even on.
toonces

Ruidoso, NM

#13 Jun 23, 2011
Why isnt he hosting a community chat re the White fire to see what residents liked and didnt like about how that was handled?
What an Arrogant A

Ruidoso, NM

#14 Jun 23, 2011
Did I read this right? Vincent has the balls to say "we".....?? He wasn't even here. He was out of town. I doubt if any of the expertise demonstrated by our firefighters had anything to do with training from this so-called fire chief. Everyone knows he doesn't believe in education.
Omy

Ruidoso, NM

#15 Jun 24, 2011
Does Harlan have a mouse in his pocket???? It so sad that politics have the biggest role in this serious situation. He wasn't even here and he still played a role in the Swallow Fire, and congratulated for it too. hhmmmmm Somethings wrong in this picture....he must be Superman!!!
VOR

Ruidoso, NM

#16 Jun 24, 2011
Omy wrote:
....he must be Superman!!!
My point exactly! He is.
Shaggy Doo

Ruidoso, NM

#17 Jun 24, 2011
Still waiting to hear who caused the White Fire.
Omy

Ruidoso, NM

#18 Jun 24, 2011
Shaggy Doo wrote:
Still waiting to hear who caused the White Fire.
I heard they are refusing to say, they know, just refusing due to who it is and who he's related to. I'm not surprised.
Another question.......

Ruidoso, NM

#19 Jun 24, 2011
I suppose that by the omission of any sort of fatal report concerning the White Fire we can all assume that we are correct in our original suspicions.

1. The White Fire was a direct cause of carelessness on the part of Vincent's father-in-law.

2. Protocol was thrown out of the window by both Vincent and White in order to not tarnish the precious reputation of the Fire Chief in waiting.

3. When White decided to call Vincent directly he was more than admitting that he was the originator of the blaze.

If there was an innocent explanation to all this we would have already had it. Months ago.

They must really think we're stupid, huh??
karen

Ruidoso, NM

#20 Jun 24, 2011
H White is fine as helll. He can do anything he wants. I'll follow him from fire to fire and sing his praises.
Another question.......

Ruidoso, NM

#21 Jun 25, 2011
karen wrote:
H White is fine as helll. He can do anything he wants. I'll follow him from fire to fire and sing his praises.
Who is h white ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mescalero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 10 hr Tinman 11,103
Ruidoso a very special place to live. What do ... Feb 17 Annie 1
Moving to New Mexico (Mar '12) Feb 16 littleh 60
careful who you vote for (Mar '17) Feb 9 Gossip hater 24
Baker Feb 8 arabela 1
News Carrizozo swears in a new chief of police - Rui... (Nov '08) Feb 6 Yogi27 1,624
News Judge Henry Casta eda issues letter of resignation Feb 2 Hombre 2

Mescalero Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mescalero Mortgages