Two women killed in crash, one from Alamo

A 19-year old Ruidoso woman and a 43-year old Alamogordo woman were killed in a crash on U.S. Highway 70 at just after 8 a.m., Friday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Den-Mark

Ozark, MO

#1 Jan 23, 2011
Sorry for the deaths of the two women!
Who's car was it? And who was responsible for driving on bald tires? THE DRIVER! Does'nt matter who's car it was!
Missouri has mandatory vehicle inspections. I don't like
Big Brother looking over my shoulder, but Insps. SAVE LIVES. Gets the JUNKS off the road so they might not kill an innocent person!
What Ever

Tularosa, NM

#2 Jan 23, 2011
I am sorry about the death of the two women. I knew the mother. I had worked with her. I feel really sorry for her son and daughter. The son had children with his girlfriend and now he will have to raise his children knowing that he had killed their mother. This is a time of sadness for the whole family.
disgusted in alamo

Alamogordo, NM

#3 Jan 23, 2011
Who gives a flying crap whose car it was!! It was a terrible tragedy and could have happened to anyone. Who is to say if they even knew their tires were bald, some people are clueless to things like this. You should be ashamed of yourself to point the finger so quickly when you only know what is printed in the paper!!!
Den-Mark wrote:
Sorry for the deaths of the two women!
Who's car was it? And who was responsible for driving on bald tires? THE DRIVER! Does'nt matter who's car it was!
Missouri has mandatory vehicle inspections. I don't like
Big Brother looking over my shoulder, but Insps. SAVE LIVES. Gets the JUNKS off the road so they might not kill an innocent person!
Trust in Alamo

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jan 23, 2011
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE wear seat belts!!! We can't afford to lose lives due to lack of safety respect.
Marty Dains

Alto, NM

#5 Jan 23, 2011
Yes, now is not the time for blame. Get in a car, put your seatbelt on.
Den-Mark

Ozark, MO

#6 Jan 23, 2011
disgusted in alamo wrote:
Who gives a flying crap whose car it was!! It was a terrible tragedy and could have happened to anyone. Who is to say if they even knew their tires were bald, some people are clueless to things like this. You should be ashamed of yourself to point the finger so quickly when you only know what is printed in the paper!!!<quoted text>
Its you that is clueless! The police said BALD TIRES, The owner OR the driver of any vehicle IS FULLY responsible for the condition of their vehicle!
being clueless KILLS!!!
Just me

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jan 23, 2011
How about you find a little compassion and keep this opinion to yourself. This is a time of sorrow for this family, and you are not at all helping by talking about bald tires at this point. Let this family morn and heal...

My deepest sympathy to all family and friends!
Den-Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Its you that is clueless! The police said BALD TIRES, The owner OR the driver of any vehicle IS FULLY responsible for the condition of their vehicle!
being clueless KILLS!!!
LateshiaDeshante qiaunt

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2011
I am so sorry for this young man,My God noone deserves to endure all this pain and suffering that that he has to go through,i pray for him and his children that my God will protect and guide him through his recovery,and give him strength to make it through all of this,my family will keep him in our prayers,MAY GOD BE WITH HIM.
Den-Mark

Ozark, MO

#9 Jan 24, 2011
I doubt very much, the family is reading topix.
I said I was sorry for the loss of life!
Vehicles that are not maintained are a hazard on the road and I just wanted to point out that FACT!
Just Wondering

United States

#10 Jan 24, 2011
My thoughts and prayers go out to all individuals involved including the young driver, other family members as well as friends who knew them.

I will also mention it is not the intention of Den-Mark to sound like an uncaring person. His points are valid. Colorado also has a mandatory safety inspection, at least when I was living there years ago. As disgusted in alamo states "some people are clueless to things like this." This is one reason some states do have mandatory vehicle inspections. Being clueless can get people killed. I don't think those not wearing their seatbelts were clueless with the individual choices they made of not wearing the searbelt. How many times does the public hear "seatbelts save lives?"

I keep my vehicles maintained, including the tires, so tradegies like this do not take place. I see some real junk on the roadways and when I do I keep my distance from that vehicle to include turning and taking a different route.

I agree with the statements Den-Mark made since he/she was attempting to make a point about safety and not necessarily being uncaring.

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.
disgusted in alamo

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jan 24, 2011
Whatever the case may be, it is not your place to point the finger where the public can see after such a terrible loss for this family!! You are certainly an uncaring, insensitive person. How would you feel if something like this happened to you and your family and the first thing you or your children see under the newspaper article was "Oh well it was totally their fault!" Wouldn't feel too good, would it?
Den-Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
being clueless KILLS!!!
wvborn

Somerset, PA

#12 Jan 24, 2011
My prayers and condolences are with the families of all involved. May God bring them Comfort.
Pha-Q

Bellevue, WA

#13 Jan 24, 2011
This less about bald tires amd more about the failure to wear seat belts. A whole host of problems can occur when driving a well functioned car including careless "other drivers".

The only way to mitigate the risk of driving is to wear your seat belt. Its not about big gov. intruding; it's about saving lives.

BTW: I'm a witness. I walked away from a horrible crash only because I wore my safety belt.
Carol R

Santa Fe, NM

#14 Jan 24, 2011
Oh yes. Bald tires can cause problems. Thankfully my husband keeps up on the maintenance of our cars. A little common sense could have prevented tragedy.
Den-Mark

Ozark, MO

#15 Jan 24, 2011
COMMON SENSE!!! PEOPLE, SAVES LIVES!
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

#17 Jan 24, 2011
Carol R wrote:
Oh yes. Bald tires can cause problems. Thankfully my husband keeps up on the maintenance of our cars. A little common sense could have prevented tragedy.
I know you're right. Yet no one can cheat fate. My prayers to these families for their loss.
land locked sailor

Alamogordo, NM

#18 Jan 24, 2011
If it is God will, so be it...
Did God make those tires bald?
Did God make these women not use their seatbelts?

Drivers have become robots, we get in our cars, and drive away, Do we check our lights, blinkers, horn, flashers, brake lights, tire pressure, tire wear, fluids levels, etc...

A yearly safety program would be a waste of time, it would generate money for the state, But there will always be ways around a legit inspection, just like smog checks in California...
kom

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Jan 24, 2011
jose granado did not have kids lucy was my brothers girlfriend mother this is so horrible lucy was a good women she has 3 daughters and one son the one who was driving R.I.P LUCY GRANADO AND MATALLIA TORREZ

Since: Jan 09

Alamogordo

#20 Jan 25, 2011
Lucy was a warm, funny, good person who's death has caused a large hole in the Walmart family. Many of us knew and loved her, and will miss her terribly. My heart goes out to the family and especially to Crystal who just gave birth and that baby will grow up never knowing an awesome grandmother. And to Jose, prayers are going up every day for you to be able to deal with this great loss you are suffering.
SJD

Alamogordo, NM

#21 Jan 25, 2011
NUFF SAID slowpokey.....couldn't have said it better myself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mescalero Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jack Tuls moving to our town (Mar '11) 5 hr corneliussavanna 35
Lawsuit filed against Ruidoso officials by poli... 6 hr Standing by 1
Any luck with TV antennas in R. Downs? 13 hr NM Parent 2
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Dec 18 Fantasy football 8,584
Really!!! Dec 18 hopeful 4
It must be Obama`s fault Dec 17 NM Parent 7
Lea County number 1 in New Mexico for smoking (Dec '09) Dec 17 Demerii 26
Mescalero Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web