Col. William Roy - Our man in Afghani...

Col. William Roy - Our man in Afghanistan

There are 1 comment on the UnionLeader.com story from Sep 29, 2010, titled Col. William Roy - Our man in Afghanistan. In it, UnionLeader.com reports that:

Col. William "Will" Roy tells his troops here to think in "generational'' terms in explaining how to work with the population of Afghanistan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at UnionLeader.com.

seth marshall

Skowhegan, ME

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Colonel Roy seems to have problem undrstanding who he is working for. Certainly, Afganastan is going to be a long time in getting itself together to function as a 21st century nation. Especially considering that it has nver been a nation, as we know that term.
We do not have, nor have we ever, the responsibility of bringing this people,or any other, into the present century. Neither do we have the economic or social resources to do so.
I appreciate that it is hard for military oficers to obtain promotions on this side of the ocean, especially in peace time. However, Idon't see that as a legitimate reason to spend our youth and resources.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merrimack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trevor Miller is a scumbag drug addict Sep 20 Big Daz 2
News Two - trusted' teenagers escape from YDC (Aug '06) Sep 18 Briannamarie 22
attempted murder and unlawful detention by merc... (Feb '12) Sep 17 Abigail 3
News Police officer ideal for sheriff's post (Sep '06) Sep 14 Joanneg603 8
Superdogs Paralyzed My Dog May '17 William McInnis 1
News Final consignment for Always New 2 You (Jan '10) Mar '17 You Are Mental 10
why can wealthy towns around here can stop a pi... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Sioux 2

Merrimack Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance