The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U...

The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mostly Nice Places

There are 21017 comments on the Gawker story from Nov 22, 2010, titled The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mostly Nice Places. In it, Gawker reports that:

According to a study of FBI crime statistics by CQ Press, St. Louis , Mo. was the "most dangerous city in the U.S." in 2010, probably due to former St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gawker.

Since: Jul 12

Venus

#8769 Aug 11, 2012
yomama wrote:
<quoted text>
Put your pic back up! No, I am not a weirdo, I am a heterosexual man and you are a pretty woman! Sorry for being straight!
No need to apologize, believe me you are NOT offending me lol
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8770 Aug 11, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to apologize, believe me you are NOT offending me lol
Well now that we have established that I am not a weirdo, PUT THE DAMN PIC UP! You have one of those faces that makes me happy. I think its because you look like you are sweet. I know, I know, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I would hope you are one of those girls that doesn't realize how pretty she is and is humble, the one's that know it and act like it, brings them down a level in my book. Definitely a beauty. Maybe its because we don't have a lot of people that are of your ethnicity here, but it is definitely very attractive. You are universally beautiful. If these other guys don't think you are pretty, they are either gay or have bad taste. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, just saying!

Venus

#8771 Aug 11, 2012
yomama wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now that we have established that I am not a weirdo, PUT THE DAMN PIC UP! You have one of those faces that makes me happy. I think its because you look like you are sweet. I know, I know, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I would hope you are one of those girls that doesn't realize how pretty she is and is humble, the one's that know it and act like it, brings them down a level in my book. Definitely a beauty. Maybe its because we don't have a lot of people that are of your ethnicity here, but it is definitely very attractive. You are universally beautiful. If these other guys don't think you are pretty, they are either gay or have bad taste. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, just saying!
Lol I have one up now, Idk which pic ur referring to. But honestly I don't really know what to say when I get compliments. I don't think I'm ugly but I definitely don't think I'm beautiful either. I've overcome a lot of health issues and I'm still actually dealing with a major one that I'm going to get surgery for, so I really don't consume my thoughts with looks. I'm just happy to be alive, people take their health for granted. But when u deal with major health issues, u learn to love life, not sweat the little things, and view life from a different perspective

And I know what you mean, I don't get along with stuck up women or men for that matter, who walk around thinking they're the stuff. Looks only get you so far, ya know?
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8772 Aug 11, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I have one up now, Idk which pic ur referring to. But honestly I don't really know what to say when I get compliments. I don't think I'm ugly but I definitely don't think I'm beautiful either. I've overcome a lot of health issues and I'm still actually dealing with a major one that I'm going to get surgery for, so I really don't consume my thoughts with looks. I'm just happy to be alive, people take their health for granted. But when u deal with major health issues, u learn to love life, not sweat the little things, and view life from a different perspective
And I know what you mean, I don't get along with stuck up women or men for that matter, who walk around thinking they're the stuff. Looks only get you so far, ya know?
Well, your health issues aren't reflective in your appearance, your skin looks healthy and your glow looks healthy. I hope everything goes well for you, life can really bring you down sometimes, keep your head up. What you described you felt kind of reminds you of Tim McGraw's "live like you were dying." I can't stand 99% of country, but there are a few I like and that is one of them. Kind of how we should all live to a degree. Stuff like that definitely put a new perspective on your life.

Venus

#8773 Aug 11, 2012
yomama wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, your health issues aren't reflective in your appearance, your skin looks healthy and your glow looks healthy. I hope everything goes well for you, life can really bring you down sometimes, keep your head up. What you described you felt kind of reminds you of Tim McGraw's "live like you were dying." I can't stand 99% of country, but there are a few I like and that is one of them. Kind of how we should all live to a degree. Stuff like that definitely put a new perspective on your life.
Thanks that actually makes me feel good. And everything will go well, I'm a fighter. Hmm u know I actually kind of like country. It's comical lol like a soap opera in a song. Live like you were dying is the perfect phrase. When you're sick or dying you tend to let go of all hate and negative things in your life
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8774 Aug 11, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks that actually makes me feel good. And everything will go well, I'm a fighter. Hmm u know I actually kind of like country. It's comical lol like a soap opera in a song. Live like you were dying is the perfect phrase. When you're sick or dying you tend to let go of all hate and negative things in your life
I love that country singers are usually nice people, I know real country people, in fact my best girlfriend was from a town of 2100 people, that are about as sweet as anyone can be. I just like more uptempo music, some rap, mostly older, hiphop, classic rock, just because I think it makes me happy. Country kind of brings me down, it has a sad tone, not all, but a lot. Another ex-girlfriend took to me to Tim McGraw/Dixie Chicks, not by my choice, and Tim McGraw was actually pretty good and there were the most beautiful women there! I like that "barbecue stain on my white t-shirt" song too, it gets me going. Did you take your pic down again? Your killing me! You have an inviting face, I don't mean that in a slutty way, I mean you look like you are a nice person. That's why I like looking at it, puts me in a better mood!
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8775 Aug 11, 2012
So that means, again, put it back up!

Venus

#8776 Aug 11, 2012
Are they? I don't think I've met a true country person before. I like everything. Old school r&b, orchestral classics, Techno, drum &bass, rock (not death metal and screamo) and northern underground rap and older raps. There's a song of every genre I like. Lol I get tired of looking at the same pic I hate the shape of my face its like a round oval and I have chipmunk cheeks its annoying, I weigh 115 I shouldn't have chipmunk cheeks lol
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8777 Aug 11, 2012
Yes, the family of that girl were so sweet to me, her father gave me a big hug at christmas time and her mom would cook for us all the time and make cookies. My first time there, they told me I was welcome to anything in the house, to make myself at home. When I was with that girl, I was wild as hell, and I had some self esteem issues. When we broke up, her mother sent me letters telling me I was a good person and was just as sweet as can be. I will never forget that, they may be the most good hearted people that I have ever met. I messed up with that one. Your cheeks are not like a chipmunk. If I met you face to face, I would probably trip over my feet, mumble some incoherent words, and just stare at you. You would probably think I had a disorder and was off my meds, or thought I was a special needs person. Not making fun, only using it as a point of reference. You have that pretty of a face. Quit being so self-conscious, you having nothing to be that way for. Looks pretty flawless to me. I know, I am shallow, but I'm a man and you are definitely very attractive. Exotic.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8778 Aug 11, 2012
And if I was your boyfriend, I hope you would like attention, because you have the type of face, that I would be on you like flies on sh.t. Not the most romantic thing to say I know, but about as close to realistic as I could come up with. I'm done, these other people are probably tired of me saying that. Kind of got off point. My bad.

Venus

#8779 Aug 12, 2012
Aww well aren't they just as sweet as honey on a lollipop. Lol I said that with a country accent in my head. But yeah, men need to go through that wild boy steve-o phase haha. And thanks!

LOL u coulda said like bees on honey, butter on popcorn, Idk something other than flies lmao (:

That reminds me of a time I was at a concert and this guy was hitting on me, I assumed he was bi considering we were at a Beyonce concert; but anyway the Tard tried to impress me by crowd surfing.... didn't work out too well

But it cracked me up, kind of like what u just said hahaha

Venus

#8780 Aug 12, 2012
Not saying you're a Tard! Lol. But funny
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8781 Aug 12, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
No offense taken, been called much worse! "We go together like peas and carrots!" Better? I am getting on my own nerves now, so I am going to stop. Pic?!!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#8782 Aug 12, 2012
yomama wrote:
Kallark, let me ask you a question? You seem like you are a very educated nice person. I am sure you can give me a straight answer on this, when I ask it. Where does that culture that a lot of, not all, young inner city black men have come from? The anti-education, thug life mentality. I am not being ignorant, I am just asking that question. If you are going to ask me where the meth-head or heroin mentality of some trashy whites comes from, I can tell you it is probably lack of good parenting and/or lack of self-esteem, or kids who had problems that no one helped them deal with. I would guess it would be the same response about those young black men that I asked you about. In your opinion am I right? I am not trying to be disrespectful to you when I ask that. Again, you seem like a pretty good dude.
Well I appreciate your respectful inquiry. I can almost certainly say that it comes from the breakup of the family. We all know strong, healthy families make for strong, healthy communities. The welfare acts passed mid-twentieth century didn't help either. It encouraged men to be absent from the lives of the families they created. Welfare and fatherless families are often generational. Young black men and women were often the victims of this broken system. They need the guidance of responsible, mature parents to guide them throughout life's up's and down's. Consequently, many young black people grow up in an environment of anger, frustration, and a "survival of the fittest" life mantra. Unfortunately, rap music also plays a role. It is very influential. Young people often look up to these rappers who glorify violence and immorality as if it's the way to be. They often don't look to doctor's, lawyer's, policeman as role models. That's because where they are from the dope kings have the most charm and are the most visible. They need money because there are no job's around that will hire them so they hit the streets to help provide for the family. It's a vicious cycle that has been repeated over and over and over again. The breakup of the family has a horrible effect on communities and children as you spoke of too sir.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8783 Aug 12, 2012
Kallark27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I appreciate your respectful inquiry. I can almost certainly say that it comes from the breakup of the family. We all know strong, healthy families make for strong, healthy communities. The welfare acts passed mid-twentieth century didn't help either. It encouraged men to be absent from the lives of the families they created. Welfare and fatherless families are often generational. Young black men and women were often the victims of this broken system. They need the guidance of responsible, mature parents to guide them throughout life's up's and down's. Consequently, many young black people grow up in an environment of anger, frustration, and a "survival of the fittest" life mantra. Unfortunately, rap music also plays a role. It is very influential. Young people often look up to these rappers who glorify violence and immorality as if it's the way to be. They often don't look to doctor's, lawyer's, policeman as role models. That's because where they are from the dope kings have the most charm and are the most visible. They need money because there are no job's around that will hire them so they hit the streets to help provide for the family. It's a vicious cycle that has been repeated over and over and over again. The breakup of the family has a horrible effect on communities and children as you spoke of too sir.
I read about that in the 60's they changed welfare so that the families got more money if the father was absentee and that up until that point, black fathers stuck around at a higher percentage then white fathers, but only by like 1 percent, but still a higher rate. I believe it is a cycle and it is a shame. At the same time, I personally have had nothing to do with keeping anyone from succeeding, so I get angry when black people seem angry at me. I kind of go back and forth with my thoughts on that, I guess depending upon how much I feel anger from black people sometimes. But some of that stuff, like those kids beating up old people, makes me have no sympathy at all, just extreme anger. That is pure barbarianism and is cowardly. I used to be a little wild child, and I go into more then my share of fights and had a violent streak, but never shot or stabbed anyone and NEVER had it in me to beat up someone for no reason and never an elderly person. NEVER. I was taught to be respectful to older people. That just sets me off, hearing that. Absolutely no compassion or conscience. I don't care if anyone succeeds, if they deserve it, then they deserve it.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8784 Aug 12, 2012
And I like rap, and even though I have liked some gangster rap, I don't generally like the way some of the rapper's carry themselves, nor the message they convey. That is why I think I like older rap, a lot of it is just about having a good time, not about being a gangster. I mostly just like the beats, not always the message anyway. I like music that gets me up, and those beats get me going.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8785 Aug 12, 2012
FloridaGirlx wrote:
You may think I am a really sweet guy, and to a degree I am, but I wouldn't wish me on any woman. My typical relationship is fight, fu.k, fight, fu.k, fight, fu.k. Everything is usually great for about 6 months, after that, I would probably have you pulling your hair out if you were my girlfriend. I am the type that has had some pretty good women, and if you asked any of them about me, I am pretty sure you would get a profanity laced reply. I told you my father was Italian and I probably take more after him then my mother because I am male. Italians are crazy. Not bad people, usually very passionate and very good at what they attempt. Very energetic, very passionate, very loyal, and very hard to get along with. My biggest strengths are my biggest weaknesses. Can't ever turn the other cheek, can't ever walk away from a fight. Always in to some sh.t. Self-destructive. Can't ever put intellect over emotion. No, I am not being too hard on myself. I have analyzed all of my past relationships and the common denominator is always me. Some of the women, like the black woman I told you I fell in love with, weren't women I would have wanted to keep around anyway, she was a ho, but some were damn good to me and I ran them off. Equates to great sex and emotional turmoil. I am done with women. It always causes me heartache, usually caused by myself. Still desire them though, can't help it. Its the testosterone.
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8787 Aug 12, 2012
Same with my job. Would probably be farther along if I could control my emotions. I am a manager and my typical performance appraisal is usually something like this. Strengths-Passionate, Dedicated, Gets results. Weaknesses-Needs to get better control of emotions to become a better leader. Every job that I have left if you asked how I was perceived, it would be "more energy then anyone I have ever seen, gets things done, a little bit of a loose cannon." My own worst enemy.
tim macdonald

United States

#8788 Aug 12, 2012
@FloridaHoe do u swallow liberal jizz if its organic horney n Richmond
whatitis

Saint Louis, MO

#8789 Aug 12, 2012
tim macdonald wrote:
@FloridaHoe do u swallow liberal jizz if its organic horney n Richmond
Ur an idiot! Did they keep all the little boys away from you, so now you are sexually frustrated, so you have to make comments like that? Didn't I see you on MSNBC's "to catch a predator"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merrillville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tranny - shemale (Mar '14) Jul 18 coppy that 18
News Evansville ranked more dangerous than Gary, IN ... Jul 16 Drunk Again 16
I Will Always Love Gary Indiana (Aug '08) Jul 3 Zenobia Hodges 105
Foot fetish Jun 29 Footlover666 1
Principal should be reprimanded Jun '17 philr 1
Trying to get high Jun '17 Wkend indulger 1
Prostitution (Jan '17) May '17 fat jack 3

Merrillville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance