Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2012
I Scott

Edmond, OK

#1 Oct 2, 2009
I received an appeal letter from Stephanie Lawlor
asking for a donation to The Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund. Return envelope as P.O. Box 7011, Merifield Va 22116.
Does anyone out there have info concerning this?
JCR

Wilmington, DE

#2 Jan 5, 2011
And it is still going on.
I received a request form by mail yesterday,(Jan 4 2011)and I'd also like to know if Stephanis's story is true.
Stephanie l

Glendale, CA

#3 Dec 6, 2011
I am named Stephanie Lawlor and live in California. I have a cousin named Robert Lawlor who lives in Manhatten, NY.
I want everyone to know our family has nothing to do with this. I have relations on both the west and east coasts and no one has heard of any extended family involved in this solitication. It may be genuine but their are few Lawlors out there with our distinct spelling and we have kept track of this family since our arrival via Ireland.
Shirley

Salisbury, MD

#4 Nov 26, 2012
I was very moved by a letter I received from Stephanie Lawlor asking for money to help her husband's defense. Before contributing, I went on line to check out Stephanie's appeal and fund out that the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund is a non-profit organization that has concocted this letter to raise funds for her husband. It turns out that only pennies on the dollar that is contributed actually goes to the person needing the money. Most of the money contributed goes to more fundraising, and to organizations that are not related to helping police officers at all. That seems like a scam. Always check out who you are contributing to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merrifield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Traffic stops Tue Police speed trap... 1
Learn French with results at the French Academy Aug 20 The French Academy 1
falling Aug 8 Itgoestoo 1
Teaparty Taliban Meeting and Grab Dance Aug 7 TeapartyTaliban T... 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Fairfax County seeks ways to address overcrowde... Jul 29 developer 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
•••
•••
•••

Merrifield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Merrifield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Merrifield News, Events & Info