Chase banker charged with taking $1M

Full story: Newsday 38
An East Meadow man will face charges for stealing approximately $1 million from his employer, Nassau police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
job well done

Norwalk, CT

#24 Jan 17, 2008
no rea punishment for this guy, and he probably wont have to pay restitution either,....white colla crimes, gotta luv it,....100.00 worth of crack will get you 5 years though
jaxgirl821

Stony Brook, NY

#26 Jan 17, 2008
I remember when wrote:
i remmeber when they were Chase Manhattan Bank
not CHASE JP MORGAN Chemical....... yadayada
You forgot Manufacturers Hanover. I think its strange how he was able to get away with this for so long.
a long islander

AOL

#28 Jan 17, 2008
got to rob to live-- yes folks !!
great country america
Shamalam Ding Dong

Massapequa Park, NY

#29 Jan 17, 2008
Whodat wrote:
Hey at least he stole a lot,some use a gun get a couple of hundred dollars and 15/20 years.I would have taken more and disappeared to a tropical island like the one I lived at in Thailand.Gone without a trace.
I thought you read the news. The police here go to foreign countries to get criminals. They are the best. People never learn. Do not commit crimes here.
Shamalam Ding Dong

Massapequa Park, NY

#30 Jan 17, 2008
abc123 wrote:
Hang him high
A no good s**t Head
yeah.
Shamalam Ding Dong

Massapequa Park, NY

#31 Jan 17, 2008
"Bank of America" robbed me for years.
Shamalam Ding Dong

Massapequa Park, NY

#32 Jan 17, 2008
Kokomo Joe wrote:
What's with these people? Robs a million dollars, and doesn't leave the Isle of Long? Not to friggin' smart!
He knows the cops here will get him, unlike some people who never catch on to that for some reason.
Harry Balzac

New York, NY

#33 Jan 17, 2008
professor wrote:
Rob a bodega, get caught, go away for ten to twenty. Rob with pen and paper (or computer), get caught, and do six months at Club Fed. How come poor folks always get the hard time? I got away from Chase as soon as a reasonable alternative (with really free checking) appeared. For Chase, free checking meant I had to keep $1000.00 in a low interest account. I remember when they were the Chase National Bank.
No, this is not about "poor people getting screwed by the system", no matter how you try to spin it.
You don't see the distinction between fudging the books in private as opposed to waving a gun in someone's face, threatening them with bodily harm/death (which is the definition of assault) and where there is often battery as well? And then the police chase afterwards? White collar criminals are every bit as guilty for the theft, but there is no threat of violence and of course no chance of anyone getting "accidentally" shot and/or killed. This is why "burglary" is not classified as a violent crime, whereas "(armed) robbery" is.
Some professor you are!
FudgieTheWhale

Massapequa Park, NY

#34 Jan 17, 2008
Will the interest rate now go up on Mr. Brahe's Chase credit cards?
Cop

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#35 Jan 17, 2008
Most banks don't fund and staff their compliance and security departments adequately, because those departments don't make money for the banks. Given the current economic crisis in the financial and banking industry, most banks will probably cut back further in this area, which means we'll be seeing a lot more of these stories in the future.
some guy

New York, NY

#36 Jan 17, 2008
good grief wrote:
bank robbery, atm robbery, check cashing scams, credit card fraud should all be charged as federal offenses, and when caught the criminals should do time in a federal prision. no more slap on the wrists, it's getting to way out of hand with these robberies.
Just curious, but what do you see as the difference between federal and state prison, and why do you care if something is charged as a state or federal offesnse?
Tired of Chase

Shirley, NY

#37 Jan 17, 2008
funny how they electronically are on top of an overdraft with their $35 penalty fee instantly (I swear they have some software that can smell it coming) but don't notice when money is missing from these "low traffic" accounts he stole from. And what kind of person doesn't notice cash missing from their account IMMEDIATELY?
Bridgeport

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Jan 18, 2008
professor wrote:
Rob a bodega, get caught, go away for ten to twenty. Rob with pen and paper (or computer), get caught, and do six months at Club Fed. How come poor folks always get the hard time? I got away from Chase as soon as a reasonable alternative (with really free checking) appeared. For Chase, free checking meant I had to keep $1000.00 in a low interest account. I remember when they were the Chase National Bank.
I agree with you a crime is a crime no mattert who does it That is why the world is the way it is now
professor

Jacksonville, FL

#39 Jan 18, 2008
Harry Balzac wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is not about "poor people getting screwed by the system", no matter how you try to spin it.
You don't see the distinction between fudging the books in private as opposed to waving a gun in someone's face, threatening them with bodily harm/death (which is the definition of assault) and where there is often battery as well? And then the police chase afterwards? White collar criminals are every bit as guilty for the theft, but there is no threat of violence and of course no chance of anyone getting "accidentally" shot and/or killed. This is why "burglary" is not classified as a violent crime, whereas "(armed) robbery" is.
Some professor you are!
Harry: The post I wrote was intended as irony. The point I was making, "Steal $20, go away for twten to twenty. Steal millions, go away for six months." Technically, robbery is theft with threat of violence. Burglary, by common law definition, is entry of a dwelling at night. The Chase exec is involved in theft, as were the Enron execs, for example. I knew that; look up "irony."
EndGame

Denver, CO

#40 Jan 18, 2008
I hope you drop the soap.
PeteRFNY

Saint-jean-sur-richelieu, Canada

#41 Jan 26, 2008
Here's a word of advice for you: if you're going to steal a million dollars, it's probably a smart idea to leave the country!
Curious

New York, NY

#42 Jan 29, 2008
Islander fan wrote:
is this the same guy who was involved with STIC and had islander season tickets???
What happened with the guy that was involved with STIC?
Mattie

Scottsdale, AZ

#43 Jul 10, 2013
good grief wrote:
bank robbery, atm robbery, check cashing scams, credit card fraud should all be charged as federal offenses, and when caught the criminals should do time in a federal prision. no more slap on the wrists, it's getting to way out of hand with these robberies.
He opened my savings account at that branch. Glad I had all my money transferred out in 2006 to AZ.

Thought he was a nice guy but he is a dirtbag.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 min Bruser 7,939
which auto repair shop to choose in Farmingdale... 12 hr Charlie 1
Annymous 18 hr Anonymous 1
Dogwood la Wed Sambee 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Dec 22 GODBlessAmerica 11
Review: Pet SPA Resort LLC (Jun '13) Dec 22 martha martine 4

Merrick News Video

Merrick Dating
Find my Match