Recruiting foreign nurses for LI, metro area jobs

Full story: Newsday

Faced with a nursing shortage that threatens to affect patient care, South Nassau Communities Hospital has launched a business that recruits registered nurses from abroad and places them in jobs - not just at ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
green card for RNs

Newtown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

the nursing shortage as it is still the US government doesnt issue green card for foreign nurses. Hospitals are desparetely looking for nurses but still the usa government chooses to ignore the issue. Canada is giving permanent residency to foreign nurses as soon as they get hire. I have known a lot nurses who used to work in the states and got tired of with dealing immigration issues and deciced to move to Canada. The USA government has to compete with Canada, UK, New Zeland and Australia. These countries have "skilled based point' immigration system which makes skilled immigrants to immigrate easily. So, I am calling ANA and other the Nursing associations to get together and inform the usa immigration that the shortage in nursing will have more impact in health care system than they think.
Mike

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

Allow American Youth to become nurse's instead telling them that there is no more room in the classroom for them instead of hiring out of country these are not landscaper's were talking about. There are plenty of young Americans that would love to be able to go to school for these fields if there was room.
ALFED E NEWMAN

Mesquite, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2008

IF YOU NEED NURSE'S YOU TAKE THEM FROM WHERE EVER YOU CAN FIND THEM
QUILIFIED ?
BUT THE PEOPLE OF LONG ISLAND MUST HAVE RESPECT FOR THESE PEOPLE ?
PEOPLE WILLN'T WANT TO COME TO BE TRASH BY SOME L.I. BIG MOUTH !!!
Senti

Kuwait, Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2008

Here In India, We the Nurses (NCLEX/RN , CGFNS, IELTS completed) are ready to come to USA , But the visa process for the forign nurses is taking lot of time to wait, Now the biggest hurdle is the retrogression. If the US departmet can reduse these hurdles , It can be , easly solve the Nursing shortage in US Hospitals. Also can get a better and peacefull life for Forgn nurses in USA.
forBrian

West Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

I am not Haitian nor carribean, but i was highly offended by your choice of words, do unto others Brian, dont stereotype, and i f u dont want the job why shouldnt they take it, this world is about survival and making a profit. IN TRUTH NOBODY cares about the person next to them we just ALL play hypocrites...
Sherry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2008

The nursing shortage in urban areas is not as great as hospital administrators would have you believe. I am an experienced,skilled nurse with excellent references and credentials. Yet, it took me 5 months to find a full time position in a Chicago hospital. I had to work registry positions to prove my worth. Now I work with a pedominantly foreign staff who all work 2 full time jobs, neither of which they have the energy to perform well. It seems hospitals would rather
hire foreign nurses at a lower rate of pay than to pay for experienced nurses. Quality of care is not important to them. I also work with many unskilled american workers who would love the opportunity to become nurses, but I guess its not as profitable to invest in America.
MedCare Provider

Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

MedCare Provider is a leading European provider of international solutions to staff shortage problems in the Healthcare sector.

We are NOT A BRAIN DRAIN company as we recruit healthcare professionals not just from one country but from all over the world.

We encourage healthcare professionals from all over the world to work in other countries to enhance their experience of other cultures and working conditions.

We recruit and train nurses and doctors on our campuses. We also offer exceptional healthcare professionals from the EU Member States to work in Western Europe and North America.

Our clients include large public and private organizations across Western Europe and North America.

We are currently working on several projects that will open up employment opportunities for nurses in several countries. More details will be provided soon, so please visit the site regularly.

We will soon be offering jobs in Africa as well as other part of the world where right candidates can relocate themselves to their desired country for short term or long term.

It will work as job rotation for the healthcare professionals.
cjd

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

there is nothing i want more than a foreign woman nursing me back to health...
Hummm

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

That's a crock of crap. I think SNCH just wants to pay them less to save money. Many other corporations have sent work abroad. When you call for computer help from major manufactures you’re calling abroad. With internet phone the cost is the same and you wouldn’t know it till they speak. The help you get is sub-standard as many people find out. Corporate America is selling us out to countries abroad and getting those BIG BIG pay checks.
Medcare Provider

Toftlund, Denmark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2012

Texas

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I agree.. a company hires people probly illegally.. specifically valley streamm...they recruit international students... then they work almost for free.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Merrick News Video

•••
•••

Merrick Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Merrick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE