Man convicted in Lynbrook murder to be resentenced -

Full story: Newsday 25
One of three men convicted of murder in the death of a Lynbrook father walking home from the train station will have a chance to reduce his 70 years of jail time, perhaps substantially, after a state appeals ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill

Plainview, NY

#1 Aug 8, 2007
I hope they change the 70 years to 75 years to life
Lynn

Bronx, NY

#3 Aug 8, 2007
I wish they could change it to LIFE. Scumbag murderers shouldn't EVER see the light of day again!
Scott from LB

United States

#4 Aug 8, 2007
He should get the death penalty, what he did was disgusting!
John Bernstein

Huntington Station, NY

#6 Aug 8, 2007
I think they did make a mistake. When they sentenced Nelson, they forgot to give his lousy parents time in prison too for their miserable parenting skills. To raise such a piece of crap like Nelson, you can bet that it wasn't just genes alone. It took effort.
James

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Aug 8, 2007
As much as I loathe the possibility of scum like this having his sentence reduced it's the right call. The judge should not have said what he did, even if the sentence he imposed was appropriate considering the crime and circumstances.
Hmmm

White Plains, NY

#9 Aug 8, 2007
1st Degree Murder?? who was this guy? was he a cop?
merrickgirl

Morristown, NJ

#10 Aug 8, 2007
Lynn wrote:
I wish they could change it to LIFE. Scumbag murderers shouldn't EVER see the light of day again!
I agree with you! He killed a man who had very young children he should never ever be allowed out.
end the hate

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Aug 8, 2007
people from hempstead should NOT BE ALLOWED in lynbrook! its a safe town and we dont need losers in it. stay away!!!
Not important

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Aug 8, 2007
Judge Sullivan is going to send him back with his 70 to life. This is just a little legal jousting by Shi%bags lawyer. Just a waste of taxpayer's money.
Not important

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Aug 8, 2007
This story still put's me in a state of rage. If those scum-bags had asked that hard working man for a few bucks he most likly would have given it to them. Senseless and Studpid!
Not important

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Aug 8, 2007
Ironically, if for one reason and one reason only to protect himself. Rest in Peace.
FF Jack

Jersey City, NJ

#15 Aug 8, 2007
That whole case was cracked by a Freeport cop who recalled their car from an encounter weeks earlier and recorded a plate number.
no hablo ingles

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Aug 8, 2007
Yes, and LATINOS are productive members of society.
His Honor

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Aug 8, 2007
I'm sad to say that I made a mistake a few years ago and ended up in front of Judge Carter. That man is tough as nails and takes no B.S. But even though he made all kinds of pre sentencing requirements for me to complete, which was extremely hard to stay 100% compliant. But after proving myself as someone who would not make the same mistake twice... he imposed a very fair sentance upon me. I have still not completed the full terms of my sentence but, have also stayed the hell out of trouble. Judge Carter is a fair Judge and I think this guy's attorney is attempting to exploit a small loophole to maybe shave some time from the sentence.

Since: Apr 07

Wingdale, NY

#18 Aug 8, 2007
There is a weakness in our justice system that puts us all at risk. When scum like this walk into the prison, it should be the last time we should ever have to fear them.
end the hate

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Aug 9, 2007
no hablo ingles wrote:
Yes, and LATINOS are productive members of society.
haha i found you. gotdammit dont you white people get sick of saying the same crap over and over?? its like white people cant find ANY other diss than to say something about their race. are you people that stupid?
Life

AOL

#20 Aug 28, 2007
He deserves LIFE!!!
Real Facts

New York, NY

#21 Aug 28, 2007
Hmmm wrote:
1st Degree Murder?? who was this guy? was he a cop?
No, not a cop, just an ordinary guy that was on his way home from work. A guy, trying to make a life for his family.

The type of guy that I like to think of as a hero.

These youths killed him in cold blood. They took a husband from a wife, a father from his children. All for no reason.

They killed him, and ruined how many lives that counted on him. It is too bad that we do not have a death penalty in this state!

I am not trying to be flip here, but what do you think would be an appropriate penalty for stabbing, shooting, and killing a person? A father of two, a husband, when all he was trying to do was get home to his family after a hard day at work. Is 15 years really enough? Should he really get his life back before his victims kids even turn 21?
its not right

Glen Cove, NY

#22 Aug 29, 2007
listin u stupid dumb mother f**kerz if it was the other way around if a white guy killed a spanish or black guy he would face 15years the most..so y dont u take ur panties out ur ass and relize that were always trageted..everyone deseveres a second chance everyone makes a mistake in there lifes..like god said let the person who hasnt seined throw the first stone
its not right

Glen Cove, NY

#23 Aug 29, 2007
Not important wrote:
This story still put's me in a state of rage. If those scum-bags had asked that hard working man for a few bucks he most likly would have given it to them. Senseless and Studpid!
r u kidin r u f***in retarded or something..when a bum or anyone askes u for money what do u say??..u turn ur head and say no so dont come here with the crap lets be serious now..or even better when u see a young spanish or black guy heading ur way what do u all do cross the street or act like u got a call n get on ur cell phone or look down or away like u dont even see them..get serious talk serious and dont come with those stuid comments

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 15 hr Bruser 7,937
Dogwood la Wed Sambee 1
Swift Named Principal at Our Lady of Lourdes (Aug '09) Dec 23 Bruser 2,365
Man Found Dead in Jail Cell (Feb '12) Dec 22 GODBlessAmerica 11
Review: Pet SPA Resort LLC (Jun '13) Dec 22 martha martine 4
Review: Bt Orthotic Labs Inc (Oct '08) Dec 22 James 6
Mosque at old Citibank location on Bedford?` Dec 20 Frankie 1

Merrick News Video

Merrick Dating
Find my Match