Investigator: One Dies In Mobile Home Fire In Meridianville

There are 6 comments on the Aug 19, 2010, WHNT News 19 story titled Investigator: One Dies In Mobile Home Fire In Meridianville. In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

Volunteer firefighters from Meridianville and Hazel Green are on the scene of a deadly fire in Madison County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

Wow

Huntsville, AL

#1 Aug 19, 2010
Wow, WHNT- how about some sympathy for this man's family. They havent even released his name yet, you would think maybe you could refrain from posting a picture of his home on the news. "Oh, here is his home- but we dont have his name yet"

Sorry for the loss.
CJG

Huntsville, AL

#2 Aug 19, 2010
Wow wrote:
Wow, WHNT- how about some sympathy for this man's family. They havent even released his name yet, you would think maybe you could refrain from posting a picture of his home on the news. "Oh, here is his home- but we dont have his name yet"
Sorry for the loss.
WOW
Kerri

Jacksonville, AL

#4 Aug 19, 2010
Oh my, dear family of the lost...I'm so sorry for the insensitivity of our American News writers...sometimes the best stories are the ones with COMPASSION not "just because" you have a first american right to tell it!!!!!!!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with those of the lost as well as all of us who have to read such garbage. Good for you WHNT, wow, you were the first to "report" it, and WOW you are the first to show your insane ignorance. God forgives you, but does man?
Jennifer P

United States

#6 Sep 29, 2010
Thanks to those who have sent my family their sympathy. This "unknown man was my daughters father! Imagine my surprise to get a call from a family friend telling me about this story!! Our daughter is a college student and just imagine what shock and horror this story would have caused her if she had gotten the news of her fathers unexpected death. THIS NEWS STORY WAS VERY RUDE AND INAPPROPRIATE...WHNT SHOW SOME RESPECT, IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT BEING FIRST!!!
Jennifer P

United States

#7 Sep 29, 2010
Wow wrote:
Sorry for the loss.
Thank you for you sympathy.
the mother of the unknown man's daughter
Jennifer P

United States

#8 Sep 29, 2010
Kerri wrote:
Oh my, dear family of the lost...I'm so sorry for the insensitivity of our American News writers...sometimes the best stories are the ones with COMPASSION not "just because" you have a first american right to tell it!!!!!!!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with those of the lost as well as all of us who have to read such garbage. Good for you WHNT, wow, you were the first to "report" it, and WOW you are the first to show your insane ignorance. God forgives you, but does man?
As the mother of the daughter who's father died in this fire I would like to thank you for your compassion. I am sure Jeff forgives WHNT for their indiscretion. Is this the respect that a man that served his country as a Marine deserved??? I think NOT WHNT show some respect!
Jennifer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meridianville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for Sheriff in Alabama (Madi... (Oct '10) Fri VeggieBurger 28
News Superintendent: Every school in Huntsville will... Thu Worriedparent 1
Review: A A Cab Company Apr 22 Test 2
Tulsa Time to Shoot Apr 17 Harold Weeks 2
News Police renew discussion about gang activity in ... Apr 14 Tim Gordan 2
PCB Sexually Assault Apr 12 Boomer 3
daryl tennyson.....cheater Apr 10 Proud Christian 13
More from around the web

Meridianville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]