Police: Double Fatal Shooting In Meri...

Police: Double Fatal Shooting In Meriden May Be Murder-Suicide

There are 140 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 27, 2009, titled Police: Double Fatal Shooting In Meriden May Be Murder-Suicide. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Police said they received a 911 call from a resident of the address at about 8:15 a.m. and heard five gunshots in the background.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
nombre

Sierra Vista, AZ

#1 May 27, 2009
Was she from Plainville?
twin

Peabody, MA

#2 May 27, 2009
not sure, but she knew people from Plainville. very sad.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#3 May 27, 2009
nombre wrote:
Was she from Plainville?
Yes she was. Are you a friend of hers? If so, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Ib and I 2nd shift

United States

#4 May 27, 2009
Our condolance J.Z.To You and your extended Family...2nd shift.
blazin75

Plainville, CT

#5 May 27, 2009
The sad part is that her father was murdered in Southington in 1996.
Reaganomics

New Britain, CT

#6 May 28, 2009
blazin75 wrote:
The sad part is that her father was murdered in Southington in 1996.
http://www.jud.ct.gov/external/supapp/Cases/A...
Concerned

Plainville, CT

#7 May 28, 2009
Did the male victim have a son by the same name?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#8 May 28, 2009
Concerned wrote:
Did the male victim have a son by the same name?
No
Concerned

Plainville, CT

#9 May 28, 2009
Thank you for your reply. My thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families affected by this tragedy.
Just another poster wrote:
<quoted text>
No

“Born & raised in Connecticut”

Since: Aug 08

Grand Prairie, TX

#10 May 28, 2009
Let me guess, she wanted to leave him, so he killed her then himself.

Tragic.

All I can say is I hope this guy didn't father any children.
Haddam Ct River

Norwich, CT

#11 May 28, 2009
It's amazing that again the article reports no details and it's up to the commenters to answer each others questions. This paper is really pathetic. WHy do I keep coming to it!!!
CT_Wife

Hartford, CT

#12 May 28, 2009
My thoughts and prayers are with each family...Guys, what in the world is happeneing to our men? they have become so weak, so fretful(sp) so unstable, we need our men to be strong...women...encourage your men, love them and treat them well boost their self worth, and remind them just how much they mean to you as oft you can. I heard Michelle was a lovely girl, man this is just sad...God's peace be with them.
Lisa Swenton

Hartford, CT

#13 May 28, 2009
I would just like to say that Michelle was an old friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in years...this is devistating and tragic and my heart goes out to her family and friends...may God bless you Michelle
Yup

Manchester, CT

#14 May 28, 2009
Haddam Ct River wrote:
It's amazing that again the article reports no details and it's up to the commenters to answer each others questions. This paper is really pathetic. WHy do I keep coming to it!!!
Because you are an idiot...?

Maybe the details are still being withheld?????
enough is enough

Portsmouth, NH

#15 May 28, 2009
CT_Wife wrote:
My thoughts and prayers are with each family...Guys, what in the world is happeneing to our men? they have become so weak, so fretful(sp) so unstable, we need our men to be strong...women...encourage your men, love them and treat them well boost their self worth, and remind them just how much they mean to you as oft you can. I heard Michelle was a lovely girl, man this is just sad...God's peace be with them.
What makes you so sure that the man shot the woman in this case? It could very well be the other way around. Typical to jump all over the guy, when in reality many domestic disputes are brought on by women.
victoria

Meriden, CT

#16 May 28, 2009
NONE OF YOU KNOW THE STORY..JAY WAS MY FATHERS BEST FRIEND SINCE 1ST GRADE..THIS ISNT JAY...NO ONE CAN JUDGE HIM BECAUSE NONE OF YOU KNEW OR KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED..KEEP YOUR RUDE THOUGHTS TO YOUR SELF..WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TOO...
My Two Cents

New Britain, CT

#17 May 28, 2009
enough is enough wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you so sure that the man shot the woman in this case? It could very well be the other way around. Typical to jump all over the guy, when in reality many domestic disputes are brought on by women.
When they were found, James Canty had the gun in his hand. So, it's not very likely that he was NOT the shooter, is it? Of course, if you had taken the time to read the story, you would have known this.
My Two Cents

New Britain, CT

#18 May 28, 2009
Yup wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you are an idiot...?
Maybe the details are still being withheld?????
Of course details were still being withheld. Michelle's mother had not yet been notified when the first news stories appeared. Perhaps you (the poster who was whining about the news coverage) would have preferred that she hear that her daughter had been killed on the radio or had seen it on the internet before the police could come and break that terrible news to her just so you could satisfy your morbid curiosity?

Since: May 09

Royal Palm Beach, Fla

#19 May 28, 2009
My Two Cents wrote:
<quoted text>
When they were found, James Canty had the gun in his hand. So, it's not very likely that he was NOT the shooter, is it? Of course, if you had taken the time to read the story, you would have known this.
It could of been planted in his hand , by a third party...
In Very Poor Taste

Manchester, CT

#20 May 28, 2009
The Courant should take down the 9-1-1 call from their website immediately! I can't believe they would do this, knowing that family and friends are here posting about this tragedy! The Courant has no heart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meriden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DEA, state police crack down on 'outlaw motorcy... (Dec '05) May 16 Wannabe 205
News How a 17-Year-Old With $1,000 Started Subway an... May 11 BPT 5
Need a great plumber? (Aug '17) May 3 Ace 2
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Apr 22 Fefa 30
Cheryl Roark Howard Feb '18 Truth 1
News Ganim now driven by ex-New Haven cop Feb '18 America Gentleman... 1
Platt high school Feb '18 Lala 1

Meriden Jobs

Personal Finance

Meriden Mortgages