Crash slows traffic on I-691 in Meriden

Crash slows traffic on I-691 in Meriden

There are 7 comments on the WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut story from May 13, 2008, titled Crash slows traffic on I-691 in Meriden. In it, WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut reports that:

Meriden _ A two car crash on Interstate 691 in Meriden is bringing traffic to a crawl in the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTNH Hartford, New Haven and Connecticut.

Paul from Meriden

Meriden, CT

#1 May 13, 2008
I hope everyone is going to be okay. Chopper 8 was flying right above my house when I pulled up the driveway and I was thinking the worse. My prayers with those involved.
amazed

Naugatuck, CT

#2 May 13, 2008
yes, hopefully all are okay.

if people didn't drive like a-holes, perhaps these things wouldn't happen as often. most of these incidents are caused by speeding, tailgating, and sudden lane changes without signaling or forethought. i witnessed this myself today many times on 84, 91, and 691. there are very few real accidents these days. most incidents are caused by stupidity, which is even more surprising because, with $4 gas, you would think that many people would realize that they are wasting gas in the process. slow down, save gas, and save a life, perhaps your own or that of one of your loved ones.

in contrast, i drove behind a young man in a car with a young woman, perhaps his girlfriend, who was the model of reasonable and safe driving. what a refreshing change. my compliments to him.

for the rest of you, slow it down, please.
Rick

United States

#3 May 13, 2008
To Amazed. If everyone thought like you our highways would be in better shape and the State P.D. would not have to waste gas responding to useless carnage on the roads. I drive at 55 if the a-holes like it or not and save many gallons by doing it. Thats why they make passing lanes I guess.
Alyssa

Higganum, CT

#4 May 13, 2008
awwwww,i hope that the poeple in the car accident today are okay.i was in that line of traffic with my mom and sister.This is exactley why you clicket or ticket.Well i hope all is well for you in that truck,and that blue car.
skippy

United States

#5 May 13, 2008
Speeding is one thing - Out of control is another.
Just think, I see a lot of little cars driving like its a racetrack trying to get home after work. Are they saving gas? I think we will see the death rate climb on the highways with all these lightweight cars that were never ment to drive American Highways. They are touring cars for city commutes. 80mph in a Little Toyota seems like a death ride to me. Angry little people in mini micro cars,What a Combination.
my mommy has boobies

Prospect, CT

#6 May 13, 2008
amazed wrote:
yes, hopefully all are okay.
if people didn't drive like a-holes, perhaps these things wouldn't happen as often. most of these incidents are caused by speeding, tailgating, and sudden lane changes without signaling or forethought. i witnessed this myself today many times on 84, 91, and 691. there are very few real accidents these days. most incidents are caused by stupidity, which is even more surprising because, with $4 gas, you would think that many people would realize that they are wasting gas in the process. slow down, save gas, and save a life, perhaps your own or that of one of your loved ones.
in contrast, i drove behind a young man in a car with a young woman, perhaps his girlfriend, who was the model of reasonable and safe driving. what a refreshing change. my compliments to him.
for the rest of you, slow it down, please.
I agree! well said! I was stuck in this forever and ofcourse I had to take a wicked pee! I had just picked up my mother (who is from Kansas) from the airport and was driving back home to Meriden when we got stuck in this. I just turned to her and said "Welcome to Connecticut"!
Tim

Newington, CT

#7 May 13, 2008
I was right behind the (green) car that was involved in the accident. all involved are ok but the driver of the honda civic was very badly injured. the passenger both vehicles were taken away in ambulances also due to injuries. Green car lost control after a failed attempt at passing a shuttle bus. Sideswiped the bus and bounced off and went sideways into truck causing car to lift onto its side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meriden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Relics Of Retail (Feb '08) Apr 27 JustBob 34
loser Ben plourde ruining our town (Sep '15) Apr 20 Anonymous73 4
Nicole Facin,rotten hearted scorned woman Apr 20 Anonymous73 4
News Word Watch: How To Pronounce Connecticut Words (Jun '08) Apr 11 Fairfield guy 10
News The Amusing History Of Savin Rock, From 1870 To... (Jul '07) Apr 5 Disapointed 90
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Mar '16 vietnamvet1969 20
Election Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Mar '16 LogisticsAnalyst 821
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Meriden Mortgages