Maiyia X

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2010

the high prices do not reflect the type of service and quality of the food that one would come to expect unfortunately. I'm somewhat disappointed
Kathy V

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

I used to work at pocket 8, my real honest opinion is that you don't want to eat there. Its not clean, especially the soy sauce, its just refills with a jug in the soy sauce bucket, which they grab with there dirty hands, salad bowls, they also grab with there dirty hands, and soup, you guessed it, they make it with there dirty hands. Lemon in water or Ice tea, the lemon that they put in the drinks, they don't even rinse it before cutting it, they take it out of the dirty box, slice and put in the cups.

Host suck, waitress with an attitude. I recommend sushi cuisine.
Customer

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

Anonymous wrote:
Everyone talks about the service sucking. lol. That's hilarious.
I am so sorry but the customer service does suck. Could do better, alot of better.
Customer

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2011

My honest opinion, I had the teriyaki chicken lunch box, it cost me about 12.95, I also tried the teriyaki chicken at Sansei Japanese Cuisine, located in Merced Mall, which is the same as the one from pocket for 4.95. What a big different, taste better too. Man there price are over the roof, I am never going to Pocket 8. There sushi are ok but the price is out of line, compare to sushi cuisine, best customer service.
Lesley

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Rude hostess. Super rude. I can hear gossips between employees. Last time there.
Gina

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

Omg. I can't believe I chose this place for my anniversary. I totally regret it. It's so EXPENSIVE. I had the most disgusting fried rice ever. The hostess is really rude. I think her name is Patty. The chef was pretty entertaining but overall customer service there, it's not a place I'd go to ever again neither would I recommend it. I will never forget my anniversary this year.
Chad

Merced, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Do yourself a favor, skip this place. The owner is an complete jerk, the hostess is rude and the food not worth the $25 a plate they charge for it. Teppanyaki cooks are a bunch of KIDS fresh out of high school who have no culinary training at all. Basically, the owner doesn't want to pay more than minimum wage for REAL CHEFS so they hire a bunch of kids.

My terriyaki chicken was RAW, my steak was extremely overcooked and I had to wait 20 minutes for my drink to be refilled....ONCE. When I complained, I was told that too bad, I had to pay the full bill because I ate the food.

The vegeitables are NOT rinsed, the mushrooms still had DIRT ON THEM and the entire place is an effing joke.
Commenter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

who-hoo wrote:
<quoted text>
common sense, if they're busy, walk up to them. this place is always busy at night. speak up and mayb you'll get a seat if u see that the hostess is busy. the food here is great, and yah the customer service can be alittle off but they're trying thier best. give em a break. If you're whining about it so much, go back and complian to jerry. give it some time, this place will rock!
Learn how to spell yourself retard

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Merced Discussions

Search the Merced Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 17 min Iceeie 200,556
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 2 hr facts faced 15,929
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) Mon Green Soilent 4,975
Lund chusna mujhe bahut achha lagta hai (Sep '12) Aug 7 tanmay 25
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Aug 6 starbucks 2,262
gangs and drugs in atwater (Feb '09) Aug 6 jenn 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Merced Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Merced People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE