Another day, another grass fire

Another day, another grass fire

There are 1 comment on the Atwater Signal story from Jul 10, 2010, titled Another day, another grass fire. In it, Atwater Signal reports that:

Firefighters dealt with yet another grass fire in Merced Friday, this time north of Bellevue Road and west of G Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atwater Signal.

Neighbor and Fire Witness

Merced, CA

#1 Jul 12, 2010
Standing nearby and watching all of this Friday morning, the firefighters didn't deal with the fire really well. They seemed to drive around the neighborhood unable to even find the location with red lights and sirens going and ended up in properties behind fences just looking over at it. Finally, the fire chief vehicle seemed to figure it out where they needed to be. It merely confirmed my thoughts that this area was a really stupid location for a subdivision and I'm thrilled it went bust. It was a terrible use of good farmland and now it's just a hazard of overgrown weeds. What would be nice to know is how the fire got started since it could have easily spread to my property.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merced Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bullet train: Merced included in proposed Silic... (Apr '16) May 5 a-citizen 2
News Kenneth Parnell, Steven Stayner's Kidnapper, Di... (Jan '08) Apr '17 OldLady 27
News California math: 1 vote = $500 million in road,... Apr '17 Retribution 41
Nagy Edrisse Vs Marriott Int. (Jan '11) Mar '17 kopikat 7
former playmate Lonny (Lorraine) Chin (Feb '08) Mar '17 Only post when po... 178
What God Loves... (Nov '15) Feb '17 Steven M Robinson 49
love you... (Apr '15) Feb '17 Don Feducci 145

Merced Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Merced Mortgages