Our View: $715M shows confidence in rail for Valley

Nov 1, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Atwater Signal

The momentum for high-speed rail continues to build in the San Joaquin Valley, and the latest federal grant of $715 million is just more evidence that California's bullet train is committed to the Valley.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 10, 2010
Boardwatch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

How long are California taxpayers going to subsidize rail travel?

It's an industry that can't support itself on it's own and year after year has to have taxpayer support to pay the bills.

Now you want to even spend more taxpayer money to build a rail system that will lose even more money year after year, only to provide what for California..? a thousand jobs..? The trains are not even manufactured in California and I'll be the rails are not either. Sounds like another state is going to be using that California Tax money instead of Californians.
Moving to Bako

Lancaster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

This is going to be great for California, Texas is one that also needs to be moving faster on High Speed Rails.
Boardwatch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2010

Moving to Bako wrote:
This is going to be great for California, Texas is one that also needs to be moving faster on High Speed Rails.
Sorry we got rid of horse, buggy, and rail travel years ago. We use planes now.

They can go in any direction and get there 10 times as fast for less cost per passenger.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Merced Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Merced Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••