Missing Glendale woman found safe in in Merced

Police say a Glendale woman whose disappearance sparked a massive search in the canyons northeast of Los Angeles has been found alive and well in central California. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#90 May 15, 2010
TaxPayer wrote:
"Melanie Mittelsteadt, a clerk at Carpet One in Merced who helped Salas call the police, said on Friday that she was surprised to hear the kidnapping story was fake. She said she had overheard Salas tell police that an older man had pushed her into his car during the jog.
“I kind of feel foolish,” Mittelsteadt said."
Thus a crime was committed - end of story.
Richard, please go back to the kiddie table your juice box is calling you. Do not address the adults!
If that is true that Salas called the police herself and reported being kidnapped, then she is in fact guilty of making a false report, so then I would for this instance and for a limited time, be a dunce.

That said, she has mental problems and this would be a good time for her to be introduced to professionals that can help her out. This is most likely not that actions of a career criminal. I think everyone deserves at least one "faux pas" in their life, if not three.
Jeff

United States

#91 May 15, 2010
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
She should be charged (at minimum) for making a false police report, and also made to repay the cost for the search and other expenses. I know, it will never happen, that she will repay one penny back to the tax payers. So typical of these low life people.
You are right 100% she is the lowest human being in our society. One thing I don't get it. Dushbag father has no job and he doesn't know his daughter is not in school?. He never ask her home works? school expences? school cost? what hours she goes to school etc..... I just don't get that. I am sure they are so happy now, they are famous, now she is going to find a nice good looking sausage for few months get pregnent and stay home mom and who is going to pay for raising that child? You and me.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#92 May 15, 2010
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right 100% she is the lowest human being in our society. One thing I don't get it. Dushbag father has no job and he doesn't know his daughter is not in school?. He never ask her home works? school expences? school cost? what hours she goes to school etc..... I just don't get that. I am sure they are so happy now, they are famous, now she is going to find a nice good looking sausage for few months get pregnent and stay home mom and who is going to pay for raising that child? You and me.
Your comment is right on the mark, these people are low life's, and will find one way or another to stay on the public dough.

People like this are the very reason, the State is now bankrupt.
Jeff

United States

#93 May 18, 2010
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment is right on the mark, these people are low life's, and will find one way or another to stay on the public dough.
People like this are the very reason, the State is now bankrupt.
"Her parents had been planning a graduation party for her in June".

This is TOO funny.
THE COOL GUY

Pasadena, CA

#94 May 18, 2010
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
"Her parents had been planning a graduation party for her in June".
This is TOO funny.
Wonder where they were getting the money from.
Jeff

United States

#95 May 18, 2010
THE COOL GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonder where they were getting the money from.
What do you think?. Isn't obvious.
THE COOL GUY

Pasadena, CA

#96 May 18, 2010
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think?. Isn't obvious.
LOL I dont think they can get money from us tax paying Californians for a party, or wait a minute can they? lol

POIZNER FOR GOVERNATOR !
Jeff

United States

#97 May 18, 2010
THE COOL GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I dont think they can get money from us tax paying Californians for a party, or wait a minute can they? lol
POIZNER FOR GOVERNATOR !
CA is broke because of these people.

Poizner for Governator.
THE COOL GUY

Pasadena, CA

#98 May 18, 2010
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
CA is broke because of these people.
Poizner for Governator.
YES ! If Poizner doesnt win Im moving to Arizona.
uc alum

Lake Forest, CA

#99 May 18, 2010
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Very possible, many affirmative action students at the universities end up way over their head, and are not qualified for the tough academics.
They don't have affirmative action at UC anymore. It was stopped around a decade ago.
uc alum

Lake Forest, CA

#100 May 18, 2010
Dana wrote:
This young lady came from dysfunctional family- in which there is violence; distrust; anger; dietary deprivation; drug abuse; parental discord; or sexual, physical or emotional abuse may have a harder time adapting to life and may run an increased risk of psychosocial problems. In dysfunctional families, love, security, and unconditional trust may be so lacking that children become psychological damaged. This young lady needs tertiary prevention which is involves treatment of rehabilitation after the person is already ill.
Dr. Dana
I think one thing that came up was that her parents were boasting about her at church. It's all Jesus' fault.

Location hidden

#101 May 18, 2010
uc alum wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't have affirmative action at UC anymore. It was stopped around a decade ago.
That is not quite true, they still do it by considering a bunch of non academic baloney, it is just more not as blatant as before.
Jeff

United States

#102 May 19, 2010
Jumping Jim wrote:
<quoted text>That is not quite true, they still do it by considering a bunch of non academic baloney, it is just more not as blatant as before.
LOLOLO You are right 100% none academic baloney.

Go Arizona!!!!!!!!!!
Law Abiding Citizen

Glendale, CA

#103 May 19, 2010
THE COOL GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldnt have said it better, and thanks I will look into it.
Hanley Ramirez, of the Florida Marlins, is proving this point!

Even Mike & Mike of ESPN radio were discussing this morning, the challenges coaches now face of motivating younger players. It's much more difficult than it was for coaches of yester-year. It was very interesting listening to them discuss this phenomenon with Herm Edwards.
TaxPayer

Burbank, CA

#104 May 19, 2010
Glendale should change its name to 'The PU$$Y City"!

Merced authorities reverse course, may pursue charge against Salas

By Melanie Hicken
Published: Last Updated Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:41 AM PDT
GLENDALE — Nancy Salas — the 22-year-old Glendale resident who last week lied about being abducted after sparking a massive search — could still face criminal charges in Merced, the Central Valley city where she was found, police officials there said Wednesday.

Nearly two days after Salas was reported missing last week, she entered a downtown Merced carpet store and called 911, reporting herself the victim of an abduction. Salas later recanted the story to Glendale police, admitting she had fled to Merced fearing repercussions from lying to her friends and family about dropping out of UCLA more than a year ago.

While Merced police officials last week said she wouldn’t face criminal charges for filing a false report, Merced Lt. Andrew Matthews on Wednesday said his department would forward a report to the Merced County district attorney’s office to determine whether any charges should be filed.

He said the change of heart was not sparked by public pressure, but rather a reevaluation of her false claims.

“We decided to take a second look at all the information we had and listen to the 911 tape,” he said.“Based on that information, we determined a report should be sent to the district attorney and let them determine if charges should be filed.”

Matthews said filing a false police report is a misdemeanor crime that carries a sentence of up to a year in county jail.

Salas will not face charges in Glendale after the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office determined she did not break the law, said Glendale Police Sgt. Tom Lorenz.

“They have declined to file charges,” Lorenz said.“She did not file a report. The family did, and there is no violation on part of the family for doing so.”

Glendale city attorneys are evaluating the ability to recover costs of the massive search Salas sparked with her disappearance. But Lorenz said that without criminal liability, it would be unlikely the city could pursue civil action.

“Now that we have no criminal liability, it’s very hard to seek any civil remedies or civil compensation,” he said.

Location hidden

#105 May 20, 2010
TaxPayer wrote:
Glendale should change its name to 'The **** City"!
Merced authorities reverse course, may pursue charge against Salas
By Melanie Hicken
Published: Last Updated Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:41 AM PDT
GLENDALE — Nancy Salas — the 22-year-old Glendale resident who last week lied about being abducted after sparking a massive search — could still face criminal charges in Merced, the Central Valley city where she was found, police officials there said Wednesday.
Nearly two days after Salas was reported missing last week, she entered a downtown Merced carpet store and called 911, reporting herself the victim of an abduction. Salas later recanted the story to Glendale police, admitting she had fled to Merced fearing repercussions from lying to her friends and family about dropping out of UCLA more than a year ago.
While Merced police officials last week said she wouldn’t face criminal charges for filing a false report, Merced Lt. Andrew Matthews on Wednesday said his department would forward a report to the Merced County district attorney’s office to determine whether any charges should be filed.
He said the change of heart was not sparked by public pressure, but rather a reevaluation of her false claims.
“We decided to take a second look at all the information we had and listen to the 911 tape,” he said.“Based on that information, we determined a report should be sent to the district attorney and let them determine if charges should be filed.”
Matthews said filing a false police report is a misdemeanor crime that carries a sentence of up to a year in county jail.
Salas will not face charges in Glendale after the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office determined she did not break the law, said Glendale Police Sgt. Tom Lorenz.
“They have declined to file charges,” Lorenz said.“She did not file a report. The family did, and there is no violation on part of the family for doing so.”
Glendale city attorneys are evaluating the ability to recover costs of the massive search Salas sparked with her disappearance. But Lorenz said that without criminal liability, it would be unlikely the city could pursue civil action.
“Now that we have no criminal liability, it’s very hard to seek any civil remedies or civil compensation,” he said.
Bad people get away with their wrong doing all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merced Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Reasons Why Oct 12 Steve Shaw 1
"The Reasons Why" Oct 11 Steve Shaw 1
City of McFarland receives $244k Oct 9 brother mark rankin 5
Must See! Oct 5 swagmoney 1
Whats It Like Working For Foster Farms? (Apr '09) Sep '14 melissa 21
Review: Chandelier Club (Jul '13) Sep '14 Brittany 10
REACHing everyone is goal of Stockton activist Sep '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
Merced Dating
Find my Match

Merced Jobs