Missing Glendale woman found safe in ...

Missing Glendale woman found safe in in Merced

There are 96 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from May 13, 2010, titled Missing Glendale woman found safe in in Merced. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

Police say a Glendale woman whose disappearance sparked a massive search in the canyons northeast of Los Angeles has been found alive and well in central California.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jun 09

Covina/Glendora

#1 May 13, 2010
"Lorenz says the family had been planning a graduatoin party for her when she vanished."

I'm always amused when the media mispells the word 'graduation'.
Pinky DGAF

United States

#2 May 13, 2010
WTef? This really doesn't make any sense---what an odd story! My parents would have slapted me silly, for lying about school and dissapearing! What is she trying to do? Give her parents a heart attack?
Me Myself and I

Los Angeles, CA

#3 May 13, 2010
If it doesn't appear any crime was committed, why is she in police custody?
WOW

Torrance, CA

#4 May 13, 2010
Oh what a tangled mess we weave when first we practice to deceive! Glad she is alive and well ... LUCY YOU HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO!!!
Teacher

Los Angeles, CA

#5 May 13, 2010
What pressure this young lady muxt have been under, to have to lie to her parents about attending school. I can understan it very well, she did go to UCLA then she could'nt keep up, she dropped out, but her parents kept bragging to family members of how proud they were of there daughters achievments, the ball of lies just kept getting bigger for her, she couldn't take it so she just went away, thank goodness, she thought twice, or maybe this mother and father might have never seen her again, I truely feel for her.
jACK tHE kNIFE

Long Beach, CA

#6 May 13, 2010
Ummm, somebodys in trouble.... Off with her head !
Taxpayer

Los Angeles, CA

#7 May 13, 2010
Another public school failure. How much more of this can we take?
ALPHA Q

United States

#8 May 13, 2010
Where did the money go if her parents paid her tuition?
She could of partied got the new car and vanish again.
Lola

Chicago, IL

#9 May 13, 2010
Questions, questions.... why is the brother being questioned? I knew that fool looked suspicious when I saw him on the news - no feelings.
Chupis McGirk

West Covina, CA

#12 May 13, 2010
Pinky DGAF wrote:
WTef? This really doesn't make any sense---what an odd story! My parents would have slapted me silly, for lying about school and dissapearing! What is she trying to do? Give her parents a heart attack?
Hey Pinky, looks like your parents still need to "Slap" you silly. "Slapted"? you must have gone to a public skool.

Since: Jun 09

Covina/Glendora

#13 May 13, 2010
Chupis McGirk wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Pinky, looks like your parents still need to "Slap" you silly. "Slapted"? you must have gone to a public skool.
I was going to 'slapt' her for that one too, but Pinky's not an idiot. Just a typo.
Pinky's allowed to make typos...the Tribune isn't.
JACKED UP

La Puente, CA

#14 May 13, 2010
intersting that the police dog went for a three mile walk and returned directly to her house again. I think that police dog should get a big piece of filet minon.
TaxPayer

Glendale, CA

#15 May 13, 2010
What a load of bullshit! What about the opportunity cost for the massive search????? If your toddler had gone missing (legitimately) and the City of Glendale was spending its time on this hoax would you plead for “empathy and emotional intelligence”? Hell No!
This is a 22 year old woman…NOT A CHILD!!! ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES!!!! She and her brother should perform community service for the City of Glendale until the full cost of the search is repaid in full!
Forrest Gump

Los Angeles, CA

#16 May 13, 2010
Run Nancy, Run!! It must've been a long route she took. Glad it was a happy ending.
Rosenam

San Gabriel, CA

#17 May 13, 2010
It's obvious that her parents were completely clueless. Anyone who throws away the opportunity to attend UCLA deserves to be lost and not found.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#18 May 13, 2010
TaxPayer wrote:
If your toddler had gone missing (legitimately)...
That statement doesn't make any sense. If a parent loses track of a tolder, there is plenty of time to charge the parent, guardian or responsible person with a crime, no matter what happens to it.

In addition, police are not liable for the safety of individuals unless the police owe the individual a special duty, such as in the case of person in police detention or a person who is in the witness protection program.
james 626

United States

#19 May 13, 2010
Okay, so who's paying for this farce of a search? Yeah, you guessed it.
Boss

Hesperia, CA

#21 May 13, 2010
Maybe she was accepted to UCLA on a affirmation action policy (over other people)and when she got there it was all over her head. I wonder what her major was ??
Transient

Norwalk, CA

#22 May 13, 2010
I she says she has amnesia and can't remember a thing.
Whittier cares

Whittier, CA

#24 May 13, 2010
I don't know this family but I feel so sorry for the parents. When I heard the family talking about how their daughter was a good girl, student, she has no boyfriend and she was abducted. I couldn't stop thinking about her and praying for her safe return. All I could say is I wish her family well and hope their daughter gets some professional help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Merced Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kenneth Parnell, Steven Stayner's Kidnapper, Di... (Jan '08) Apr 15 OldLady 27
News California math: 1 vote = $500 million in road,... Apr 13 Retribution 41
Nagy Edrisse Vs Marriott Int. (Jan '11) Mar 29 kopikat 7
former playmate Lonny (Lorraine) Chin (Feb '08) Mar '17 Only post when po... 178
What God Loves... (Nov '15) Feb '17 Steven M Robinson 49
love you... (Apr '15) Feb '17 Don Feducci 145
News Body in field identified as Chowchilla man (Oct '12) Feb '17 Salsa 8

Merced Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Merced Mortgages