Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
143,061 - 143,080 of 200,601 Comments Last updated 30 min ago
Plastic econmey

Sierra Madre, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Southern California real estate, experts agree no recovery is in sight this year 2012.

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't proven anything aside from the fact that you are full of sh%%.
Not true, but we could go 'round and 'round like this forever. Anybody interested, <sarcasm>and I'm sure there are millions...</sarcasm>, can check the post.

You seem to post more about me than the topic.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry Rose, we didn't expect you to understand. We hold you to a much lower standard.
Topic 0
Me 1

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, when Rose can't provide an educated and comprehensive rebuttal, this is the nonsense you get.
Keep studying Rose, you will get that GED..
Topic 0
Me 2

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic 0
Me 1
Sorry, you lose to logic every time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, but we could go 'round and 'round like this forever. Anybody interested, <sarcasm>and I'm sure there are millions...</sarcasm>, can check the post.
You seem to post more about me than the topic.
Yes, they can check the post, and they have. You are full of sh%%.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you lose to logic every time.
Post on:
Topic 0
Me 3

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they can check the post, and they have. You are full of sh%%.
Posts on:
Topic 0
Me 4

Tata

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Jim Beam wrote:
<quoted text>
One out of every 4 females are molested in their youth,are gays doing that also stupid? So according to you it's A-OK for heterosexuals to molest female children then right? Do you blame ALL heterosexuals for the the crimes of the few like you blame ALL gays for the crimes of the few? As usual the old double standard huh? Yeah,how about YOU leave those kids alone! Tell us all,what's it like to be a village idiot? LOL
Well Jimmy Beam Bob you stupid piece of crap, WTF are talking about ?? who said anything about molesting female children ? NOT me ! I knew you would have the low down on this, turn yourself in please

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Post on:
Topic 0
Me 3
You need a friend Rose.
Bexx

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a friend Rose.
You still pimping out your better half for beer money, ak ak?
I know of some negroes down the block who'll trade straight up for your skank for a case of cobra malt.
They'll give her a solid boning and you can lick her clean afterwards.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Bexx wrote:
<quoted text>
You still pimping out your better half for beer money, ak ak?
I know of some negroes down the block who'll trade straight up for your skank for a case of cobra malt.
They'll give her a solid boning and you can lick her clean afterwards.
Yawn.. You are the poster child for ignorance.

Now go to bed, you have school in the morning.
Bexx

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.. You are the poster child for ignorance.
Now go to bed, you have school in the morning.
Have a good evening, kweer-o. Go easy on the wesson oil.... lemmiwinks would appreciate that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Bexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a good evening, kweer-o. Go easy on the wesson oil.... lemmiwinks would appreciate that.
I'm so sorry.

I tried to save your life, but alas I failed, I had already flushed.
Jim Beam

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Bexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Moron,I may seldom agree with AK but he isn't gay stupid! But now you've got me wondering how long have you been in that closet? Sounds like you've remodeled it a few times just to keep yourself comfortable in there! Do you ever write anything that actually has something to do with the topic of the thread or do you always post unintelligent troll blabber? Are you ignorant or simply stupid? Which is it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Jim Beam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Moron,I may seldom agree with AK but he isn't gay stupid! But now you've got me wondering how long have you been in that closet? Sounds like you've remodeled it a few times just to keep yourself comfortable in there! Do you ever write anything that actually has something to do with the topic of the thread or do you always post unintelligent troll blabber? Are you ignorant or simply stupid? Which is it?
We probably agree on more than you care to admit.

The issue is that simply because I do not agree that there is an argument that the Constitution compels States to legalize same sex marriage based on a historical study of the Amendments- in this case the 14th, I am lumped into the same category as the "ban same sex marriage" crowd. Personally I don't care, I don't think there should be bans on same sex marriage and I have voted that way.

But, the advantage of my position is I get to enjoy being attacked from both sides. It's quite entertaining.
Jim Beam

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue is that simply because I do not agree that there is an argument that the Constitution compels States to legalize same sex marriage based on a historical study of the Amendments- in this case the 14th, I am lumped into the same category as the "ban same sex marriage" crowd. Personally I don't care, I don't think there should be bans on same sex marriage and I have voted that way.
But, the advantage of my position is I get to enjoy being attacked from both sides. It's quite entertaining.
I highly doubt we agree on much! LOL,But this link explains how I feel about Prop 8 being Unconstitutional far better than I could ever put into words! To me it has the ring of logic! But don't worry I know you don't agree,oh well,to bad so sad I guess! I also believe that one day soon marriage equality will return to the state of California! I still say that this state if different in the fact that gays had the right and then it was taken away! A bit different than other states so far!

Why I believe that Prop 8 is in fact Unconstitutional!

www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments
Tata

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Topic 0
Me 1
Monkey see Monkey do ... you are not the first to keep score
Tata

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you are on the fence and you are bi-sexual, we've already determind that. The Constitution has benn written for all, evntually there would be a group of second class citizens to come along and change the meaning and conscept as they do in this very topix, only to suit themselves. This issue should have been challenged from the beginning, these are Johnny come lateley radicals
Tata

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Jim Beam wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt we agree on much! LOL,But this link explains how I feel about Prop 8 being Unconstitutional far better than I could ever put into words! To me it has the ring of logic! But don't worry I know you don't agree,oh well,to bad so sad I guess! I also believe that one day soon marriage equality will return to the state of California! I still say that this state if different in the fact that gays had the right and then it was taken away! A bit different than other states so far!
Why I believe that Prop 8 is in fact Unconstitutional!
www.afer.org/our-work/our-arguments
It is only because a gay judge made the ruling, it was found to be a conflict of interest and only that. It's obvious that there's reason to beleive that SSM is imoral and that time is needed to figure out how to respond to the expected fallout from the gay activist cult. Leave the Constitution alone it has been written, deal with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Merced Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 3 hr standing ground 4,979
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr marching banded 15,931
Lund chusna mujhe bahut achha lagta hai (Sep '12) Thu rahul bathinda 26
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Aug 18 Mudflys to 7,901
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Aug 6 starbucks 2,262
gangs and drugs in atwater (Feb '09) Aug 6 jenn 21
Black Aug 2 hope2diedopefiend 1

Search the Merced Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Merced Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Merced People Search